Football Programmes Centre

Graham Budd Auctions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Graham Budd Auctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rafehod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:48 pm 
Post subject: Graham Budd Auctions

Has anyone purchased from Graham Budd before, estimates seem a bit pricey, do items generally sell below estimates here or have you ever had any other experiences with them.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:22 pm 
Post subject:

As far as i know the lower estimate is the reserve amount at Graham Budds
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:02 pm 
Post subject:

Sometimes if items do not sell they end up a couple of months later on a timed auction on at the saleroom.

I've had a few items from GB, prices can be a touch toppy but overall have no complaints as he is an excellent guy to deal with.
Talks A Good Game

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:23 pm 
Post subject:

No that isn't always the case Cossie.
I have some items in his next sale - my reserves are less than lower estimate.
NYGiants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

There aren't many bargains at Graham Budd auctions but, equally, a good auctioneer and excellent service. I have bought relatively high value items in the past (back as a part of Sotheby's) and more recently.

Whatever I want there tends to go towards upper end of estimate or above that - but maybe that's more my misfortune than a more general experience - although being fair, at least for the high quality items, this auction gets the best prices in my experience.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks to everyone for your input, There is some great items listed not just football, but horse racing and others that I am interested in and will certainly be having a go at them.

I have bought from most of the active sports auctions and plenty of the now inactive ones also but for some reason never here although I have seen it advertised many times, was probably scared off by the Sothebys connection.

Well I will set my max amounts and have some fun and with a little luck might end up with something of far better standard than the norm.

Good luck all Very Happy
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: