Football Programmes Centre

Postcard 1915 - which team?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Postcard 1915 - which team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:00 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
Nothing to add from me I'm afraid, just wanted to say what a fascinating thread.

Loved the pics and all your narratives, especially the modern day pics of what that lovely arched entrance looks like today.

Threads like these are the reason I find this forum so addictive.

Totally agree littlewiggy.
I started collecting far too late to have the sort of knowledge shown on the forum - great stuff!
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:33 pm 
Post subject:

An update to this thread. A friend and fellow Palace fan is working on a multi-volume detailed history of Palace's early years, and he looked into this for me.

From looking at the walls in the background, and studying the likely grounds in Copenhagen, he agreed with those earlier in this thread:-

"The attached photo (below) is Østerbro Stadium aka the Københavns Idrætspark, in 1920, with spectators breaking-in!!The window-sill and the windows/hinges are identical with the Palace photo, so we can conclude that the identification is 100% correct.

Palace's opponents were K øbenhavns Boldklub - and Palace lost. Liverpool toured a couple of weeks later and beat them.

In 1991 K øbenhavns Boldklub merged with their local rivals to form FC Copenhagen."

I also concur with him - the render on the walls is an identical match! We are lucky that such an interesting and historic ground is still in use and largely unchanged
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: