Football Programmes Centre

Catawiki auction site
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Catawiki auction site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:43 pm 
Post subject: Catawiki auction site

Anyone had any experience of buying or selling via this site?

Seems to be looking for premium items as it has a minimum sale estimate for lots of 75 euros....

I have registered but yet to list/bid....

Rigorous vetting process too....

Peter
Rafehod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:18 pm 
Post subject:

Hi

I have sold a few items on Catawiki, one thing I will say is that you can get some pretty good prices for the right things ......but what are the right things. It can be fairly inconsistant if you sell the same thing a few times such as I sold 4 full panini albums all int and all the same and got £38, £42, £16 and £32. The biggest problem is the speed of payment to you as a seller....after you have posted the item which is always tracked then it takes about 5 weeks before Catawiki pay you.

Good things to sell that reach consistent ish figures are Wines & Whiskies, Paninis, Coins (although I have spotted fake stuff on there which is worrying) Lego can be good also.

Inconsitancies I have found in Model Cars for instance A certain Dinky model sold one week for £200 and I had one in exactly the same, in the same condition and colour so I thought right lets give this a go the following week, did my advert and ended up getting £80.....was a bit pissed off with that.

You can only put reserves on items valued at over £200 everything else starts a £1 and goes from there.

Saying all that it has its uses, but the long wait before payment will put a lot of people off.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:22 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the feedback,,,yes I noted they hang onto the cash..most of these internet things do these days...my daughter sold some tat through one and took about a month for the cash to come through.

I'll try a few things and see what happens....if I get decent prices I don't mind hanging on for payment for a bit.

Appreciate the response

Peter
martino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:50 pm 
Post subject:

pafcprogs wrote:
Thanks for the feedback,,,yes I noted they hang onto the cash..most of these internet things do these days...my daughter sold some tat through one and took about a month for the cash to come through.

I'll try a few things and see what happens....if I get decent prices I don't mind hanging on for payment for a bit.

Appreciate the response

Peter

Peter

I, and probably some other forum members, would be interested to hear how you get on with Catawiki. It is not one I knew about but it may be worth trying as another selling point so any more feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
martino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

Rafehod wrote:
Hi

I have sold a few items on Catawiki, one thing I will say is that you can get some pretty good prices for the right things ......but what are the right things. It can be fairly inconsistant if you sell the same thing a few times such as I sold 4 full panini albums all int and all the same and got £38, £42, £16 and £32. The biggest problem is the speed of payment to you as a seller....after you have posted the item which is always tracked then it takes about 5 weeks before Catawiki pay you.

Good things to sell that reach consistent ish figures are Wines & Whiskies, Paninis, Coins (although I have spotted fake stuff on there which is worrying) Lego can be good also.

Inconsitancies I have found in Model Cars for instance A certain Dinky model sold one week for £200 and I had one in exactly the same, in the same condition and colour so I thought right lets give this a go the following week, did my advert and ended up getting £80.....was a bit pissed off with that.

You can only put reserves on items valued at over £200 everything else starts a £1 and goes from there.

Saying all that it has its uses, but the long wait before payment will put a lot of people off.

I have just looked at their website.

I am probably being a bit thick but is says

"You can offer up as many objects as you wish with a minimum estimated value of 75 euro."

So if bidding starts at £1 what happens if only one person bids at £1; does they buyer get the lot for £1?
Rafehod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:26 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Martino

I did try a football programme on a sports sale once upon a time it was a 1960 European Cup final which I would of expected to get about the £20 on Ebay as the condition was good but got about £11 so not sure if it is the best outlet for them but as I say I only tried it once with programmes. I think it is better to try and stick to things more relevant to dutch, french and belgium audiences as they seem to buy all of what I have sold especially the dutch and belgium.

Good luck with it if you give it a go
Rafehod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:30 pm 
Post subject:

"You can offer up as many objects as you wish with a minimum estimated value of 75 euro."

So if bidding starts at £1 what happens if only one person bids at £1; does they buyer get the lot for £1?[/quote]

Yes that is correct, to be honest if an item is worth £10 to £15 and you say when listing that it is valued 75 euro they will accept it. If it is pure crap they will reject it. Things do and have sold for £1 on there and the good thing is neither the buyer or seller can wnagle out of it as Catawiki legally pursue both non payers and sellers who do not send items.

That is a good thing as we all know what Ebay is like with regards to that
martino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:36 pm 
Post subject:

Rafehod wrote:

So if bidding starts at £1 what happens if only one person bids at £1; does they buyer get the lot for £1?

Yes that is correct, to be honest if an item is worth £10 to £15 and you say when listing that it is valued 75 euro they will accept it. If it is pure crap they will reject it. Things do and have sold for £1 on there and the good thing is neither the buyer or seller can wnagle out of it as Catawiki legally pursue both non payers and sellers who do not send items.

That is a good thing as we all know what Ebay is like with regards to that[/quote]

Thanks for the quick replies. I have some old, valuable, Bank notes which should be eligible for a "reserve" which gives a measure of protection from selling items for peanuts, so I may give one or two a try and see how it goes. Thanks again, Martin
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: