Football Programmes Centre

Not recieving everything they listed!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Not recieving everything they listed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cornwallwhite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:29 pm 
Post subject: Not recieving everything they listed!

Hi purchase some programmes , tickets ect from ebay. i didnt recieve 2 programmes and 2 tickets which were listed.
i messaged saying i hadnt recieved them .
reply was, send back for refund if not happy.
i replied , why cant you just send them to me
reply was . my husband is away on business , dont know where they are , return for refund if you are not happy
i then left it for a week and asked if her husband was back off business
No reply

i havent left any feedback at the moment, and was wondering what you advise i do.
i didnt want to send the items i recieved back , and certainly didnt want to pay around £11 postage what the charged me.
thanks dale
James73

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:36 pm 
Post subject:

Raise it with eBay themselves as these types of sellers need to be removed.

Annoys me that people like this are still allowed to trade when I was booted off for 2 bad feedbacks, I had communicated with both buyers that I was going through personal issues and I will be late in sending but that wasn't good enough!!!!!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:33 pm 
Post subject:

I noticed an eBay seller in the general badge section (not footy) recently with a 65% feedback rating.
Blimey that's low I thought, so I had a closer look as to why and saw they had negatives for blatantly cancelling sales after the fact because they didn't get the price they wanted.

Buyers had even paid for these items before they were cancelled.

The seller's reply to the negs was something like ... "I sold it to someone else for its real value thank you."

Yet remarkably this seller was still operating freely on there!!

Worse still, much later I couldn't help but notice that seller has multiple accounts too, I've seen five so far - really easy to spot due to the near-illiterate descriptive styles, complete lack of grammar, and same location.

It looks like eBay really just don't care anymore.
They're not even trying.
James73

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:34 pm 
Post subject:

I had 99% grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
martino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:03 pm 
Post subject: Re: Not recieving everything they listed!

cornwallwhite wrote:
Hi purchase some programmes , tickets ect from ebay. i didnt recieve 2 programmes and 2 tickets which were listed.
reply was . my husband is away on business , dont know where they are , return for refund if you are not happy
No reply

i havent left any feedback at the moment, and was wondering what you advise i do.
i didnt want to send the items i recieved back , and certainly didnt want to pay around £11 postage what the charged me.
thanks dale

Raise a "not received" case with E Bay. That should cover part-receipt as well as not received at all.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:39 pm 
Post subject:

What was the sellers username wasn't Devil99 or something like that was it.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:30 pm 
Post subject:

Rafehod wrote:

LOL!!! Laughing

She's easily the rudest person I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.
Thankfully it was in my early days and I've avoided said person like the plague ever since.

Why anybody still deals with her is a complete mystery to me.
I could never want an item that badly.

I can honestly say, in approx. 5,000 transactions since 2001, I've never had a single negative or neutral feedback left for me.
Nor have I left one for anybody else.

I guess I've just got lucky.
There have been times where I feel like leaving a neutral, if I've been particularly messed around for example, but I don't wish to spoil somebody's profile over a petty gripe worth only a couple of pounds if I'm honest.

We all have times in our life where other stuff occurs and diverts our attentions.

I have noticed there appears to be a trend lately though of folk not leaving feedback altogether.
I'd say that over this last year, I've only received feedback on about 50% of my buying & selling transactions.

Whatever happened to good old fashioned courtesy & manners eh?!

I've gone the extra mile for people sometimes too, and not had so much as a "cheers" back.

Each to their own but I couldn't be like that.
If somebody gives me good service and makes a transaction a pleasant experience, a quick "thank you" costs nothing.
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:53 pm 
Post subject:

Rafehod wrote:

Talking of said person, not been selling on Ebay for last month, maybe on a world cruise ?
cornwallwhite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

no it isnt devil99
i opened a not recieved thing on ebay and she replied within minutes

husband is back from business , but we are now on holiday until monday. we are also in the middle of moving house and everything is in boxes. i ask husband he has no idea where they are. you can wait until we move and unpack the boxes but cant put a date on that or return for credit!

i asked if the would reimburse me the carriage costs in sending back, £11 , which is what the charged me on top of my original costs i paid
am awaiting a reply
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:05 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
I noticed an eBay seller in the general badge section (not footy) recently with a 65% feedback rating.
Blimey that's low I thought, so I had a closer look as to why and saw they had negatives for blatantly cancelling sales after the fact because they didn't get the price they wanted.

The seller's reply to the negs was something like ... "I sold it to someone else for its real value thank you."

Worse still, much later I couldn't help but notice that seller has multiple accounts too, I've seen five so far - really easy to spot due to the near-illiterate descriptive styles, complete lack of grammar, and same location.

They're not even trying.

i had that on some Chelsea programmes i won on ebay. Paid for the items then 2 days later got told he had received a bigger offer and was selling them to someone else. I told them i won them fairly and expected them to be sent to me but instead i got a refund and he got a neg feedback.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:16 pm 
Post subject:

Paul Johnson wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:

They're not even trying.

i had that on some Chelsea programmes i won on ebay. Paid for the items then 2 days later got told he had received a bigger offer and was selling them to someone else. I told them i won them fairly and expected them to be sent to me but instead i got a refund and he got a neg feedback.

Exactly.
Once the hammer goes down (or the seconds tick till nil), it's supposed to be a binding contract.

Anybody that doesn't respect this should be shown the door pronto.

Anything else and the whole system loses what little integrity it has left.

We've all sold decent stuff for pence and been gutted, and we've all sold tat for amazing amounts.

That's the beauty of an auction.
das

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: Not recieving everything they listed!

martino wrote:
cornwallwhite wrote:
No reply

thanks dale

Raise a "not received" case with E Bay. That should cover part-receipt as well as not received at all.

It would be better to do an item not as described as items are missing then ebay will normally force the seller to refund return postage too.

If you do item not received and they have proof of delivery you would loose and then look dodgy if you do not as described.
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:55 am 
Post subject:

If you want a certain price for something, then start the auction at that price. Otherwise, honour the deal. It would be interesting if someone took legal action against such sellers as they are patently breaking a contract.
cardiff55

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:40 pm 
Post subject:

As for Devil911, bought some Cardiff reserves from them a few years back and had the temerity to ask for a combined postage discount ( think it was 6 programmes and was charged #1.99 for each one). They all arrived together. I got blocked on EBay!

I have not bought anything since.

I think we all know who the dealer is, I used to buy loads from him 20/25 years ago, but the online service is I believe run by his wife. Perhaps if they has a better attitude they'd sell more and wouldn't have to ask silly prices on their catalogue.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: