Football Programmes Centre

eBay Problem
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
eBay Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodison

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:22 am 
Post subject: eBay Problem

Anyone had any dealings with captain_earp on eBay. Won some bound volumes at the end of June (total cost including shipping £100), when they hadn't turned up by the end of July I sent a message enquiring about them. He said he had been on holiday, but would check up, got another message a couple of days later saying they had been returned by Parcelforce. He then said he would send by courier and let me know the tracking number, but despite sending messages I've had no contact since. His ebay account appears to still be active as he sold items a couple of days ago. Just wondering how best to proceed next.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 am 
Post subject:

Sounds like he is telling fibs, probably never sent it in the first place as he was disappointed with the amount achieved and is spinning you tales. If you are not too late I would open a item not received case instantly against him. At least this way you are guaranteed to get your money back, yes you may have wanted the bound volumes but it looks like that aisn't going to happen so cut your losses, get your money back and move on to a decent seller. Smile
goodison

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:47 am 
Post subject:

That's kinda my problem, as he had 100% feedback (apart from 1 neutral), I didn't open a case in time, thought you had 60 days, but it had to be opened within 30 and I was beyond that before I did it. Have asked for him for my money back if he's not going to send the programmes so will see if I get a response to that.
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:04 am 
Post subject: eBay Problem

Goodison, it may be worth phoning Ebay directly for a chat.
I have had a similar problem before and they contacted the seller directly to try to find out what was going on.
They don't usually do that, so maybe I was lucky.
Either way your concern will be noted and should the deal not happen, he will have a mark against him for stringing you along.
It will also show that you have been trying to sort the problem out and that will go in your favour if you claim your money back.

Good luck and I apologise for Mr Levy nicking Sissoko at the last minute yesterday.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:26 am 
Post subject:

Goodison

As far as I know, you should still be able to open a case as you first made contact regarding this issue that you had not received them within their timeframe. The fact that the time has now lapsed does not matter as the seller has strung you along. If you cannot open a case via the site, Ebay customer services will do this for you once they check the original message you sent him. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 am 
Post subject: Re: eBay Problem

goodison wrote:
Anyone had any dealings with captain_earp on eBay. Won some bound volumes at the end of June (total cost including shipping £100), when they hadn't turned up by the end of July I sent a message enquiring about them. He said he had been on holiday, but would check up, got another message a couple of days later saying they had been returned by Parcelforce. He then said he would send by courier and let me know the tracking number, but despite sending messages I've had no contact since. His ebay account appears to still be active as he sold items a couple of days ago. Just wondering how best to proceed next.

Seller is called Richard Lett's he also has a football programme shop on Penistone Lane next door to Sheffield Wednesday F.C.
I have visited him many times and purchased items from ebay with no issues over the years.
Why do you not obtain his contact details and give him a call-that would have been the best route as soon as you were getting concerned as it is very simple to get that information.
This cuts down all the time and gets to the heart of the matter-if after chatting you cannot still not get any satisfaction then go to ebay and do what you need too to get your money or the goods.

Hope u get it sorted.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
goodison

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:00 am 
Post subject:

Quote:
Seller is called Richard Lett's he also has a football programme shop on Penistone Lane next door to Sheffield Wednesday F.C.
I have visited him many times and purchased items from ebay with no issues over the years.
Why do you not obtain his contact details and give him a call-that would have been the best route as soon as you were getting concerned as it is very simple to get that information.
This cuts down all the time and gets to the heart of the matter-if after chatting you cannot still not get any satisfaction then go to ebay and do what you need too to get your money or the goods.

Can't be 100% sure, but nearly certain I've dealt with him on eBay in the past as well without any problems, that's why I wasn't to concerned about the programmes taking a few weeks to turn up. I figured as he replied to the original contact through eBay, that I wouldn't need to do anything more, but now he doesn't seem to be responding, will try getting in touch through his details on eBay rather than their messaging system to see if we can get it sorted.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:20 am 
Post subject:

Never found Rich anything but 100% honest & reliable.
He's also one of the most decent blokes I've encountered in my fifteen years or so on eBay.

There'll be a rational explanation I'm sure.
Supermono13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:41 am 
Post subject:

Can I also add that Richard Letts has always been completely reliable in my dealings with him over many years (both as a buyer and seller).

I am sure there is a perfectly valid reason.
markb9060

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:56 pm 
Post subject:

Back in July I had dealings with Richard Letts.

I won a rare Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester United pre war reserves programme.

Unfortunately Paypal decided to stall my payment turning it into the dreaded E Cheque because evidently I`d been spending rather a lot of my own money ! and they became suspicious.

Despite Richard Letts (captain-earp) having to wait about 10 days for my payment he was as cool as a cucumber, responded well to my excuses ! and actually gave me a great feedback.

His address was actually the Leppings Lane where he has a programme shop.

I`d be very surprised if you couldn`t get your issue sorted out with him personally before involving Ebay.

Bye the way Hi everyone been away for a while. Smile
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:15 pm 
Post subject:

markb9060 wrote:
Back in July I had dealings with Richard Letts.

I won a rare Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester United pre war reserves programme.

Unfortunately Paypal decided to stall my payment turning it into the dreaded E Cheque because evidently I`d been spending rather a lot of my own money ! and they became suspicious.

Despite Richard Letts (captain-earp) having to wait about 10 days for my payment he was as cool as a cucumber, responded well to my excuses ! and actually gave me a great feedback.

His address was actually the Leppings Lane where he has a programme shop.

I`d be very surprised if you couldn`t get your issue sorted out with him personally before involving Ebay.

Bye the way Hi everyone been away for a while. Smile

welcome back Mark-hope all is good with you these days Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
markb9060

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:11 am 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

welcome back Mark-hope all is good with you these days Wave

Cheers Leslie.... Im not too bad thanks. Good to hear from you again. Thumbs Up
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: