Football Programmes Centre

Womens UEFA Champions League Qualifiers.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Womens UEFA Champions League Qualifiers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:00 am 
Post subject: Womens UEFA Champions League Qualifiers.

I was a bit apprehensive when my mate asked if I would like to go to Cardiff Met to watch these games, involving Women in the Qualifying stages of their Champions league. What a refreshing and pleasant surprise I got!!! Although I have seen a few games involving the ladies previously, that was many years ago.
There was none of this rolling around on the ground whenever anyone got tackled, except for one particularly nasty incident that was no-one's fault.
No badgering or arguing with the referee's when a decision was made against them. No deliberate time wasting. Player running off the field when the player was substituted, allowing the play to carry on quickly. No gobbing and blowing snot on the field and no heavily tattooed players (not that we could see anyway!!).
Well done the ladies, very good advert for promoting the ladies game. The men should come along and see how the game should be played. Will not hesitate in watching future games involving the Ladies.
*Oooooppp's stuck this in the wrong section, should have been general chit chat!!
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:28 pm 
Post subject:

I regularly go to watch Wolves Women and can only endorse your comments. The game is generally quite skillful and played on the ground - the girls are not built to hit it long so it is generally more of a passing game. There are one or two that can put a hefty challenge in when the time arrives but never anything cynical. Come the end of the game both teams are generally happy to talk things over with all and sundry in the bar.
I would recommend anyone to give it a try.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: