Football Programmes Centre

Ebay Winning Bidders
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay Winning Bidders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mellieha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:36 pm 
Post subject: Ebay Winning Bidders

Some advice required please. How long should I wait for payment on Ebay from the winning bidder after the auction has finished?
coops

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

If you haven't recieved payment within 4 days eBay will send the buyer a payment reminder for you.Also info on how long to wait if still no payment forthcoming.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

At the end of the day, though, they'll do absolutely bugger all to help you get any payment as they're all geared up to the buyer. Ridiculous, but that's the way they work. Try leaving negative feedback about them as well if they don't pay....he, he, he.
martino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:05 pm 
Post subject:

If you do not receive payment in the expected time open an unpaid case.
Some buyers need a kick up the backside.

If you do that if the buyer does not pay you will get a refund of the final value fee.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:57 pm 
Post subject:

I always email them after 2 days and ask them if there is a problem and do they need more time to make payment going on to say that I don't mind delays as long as I am aware of the situation. I then give a deadline at the end of the message stating that if I do not hear back from them after 4 days I will open a case to get my fees back. This way they don't seem to offended and see the reason for my action.

Some buyers can take it personally even though they are in the wrong!!! and can get quite arsey if you just open the case, and leave negative feedback out of spite, but it is a buyers market on Ebay and Ebay themselves are to blame for creating that culture.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:39 pm 
Post subject:

there seems to be a lot of impatient sellers on ebay these days. I would wait for 4 or 5 days then send a reminder. If no payment or contact after a week then I would message them to confirm they still intend to purchase then take it from there depending on the reply.

I must admit it really winds me up when a seller chases after 1-2 days or opens an unpaid case without contact. Even major action houses allow several days so I really can't see why ebay sellers start getting agitated over a few quid after a day or two
Rafehod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:11 am 
Post subject:

goonerboy wrote:
there seems to be a lot of impatient sellers on ebay these days. I would wait for 4 or 5 days then send a reminder. If no payment or contact after a week then I would message them to confirm they still intend to purchase then take it from there depending on the reply.

I must admit it really winds me up when a seller chases after 1-2 days or opens an unpaid case without contact. Even major action houses allow several days so I really can't see why ebay sellers start getting agitated over a few quid after a day or two

Impatient sellers or rude Buyers?

My take on it is that any buyer who waits 4-5 days without payment or even the courtesy of contact to let the seller know the situation, is rude and deserves a nudge and in my experience delaying contact generally means non payment, just leaving it to see what happens is poor advice, even for a few quid.
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:10 am 

Some auction winning bids may have been placed days before the item is won and "in the back of the buyers mind". They could also be away, so I normally leave it four days and then send a "nudge" asking if there is a problem or have they simply forgot about the item. I don't mind waiting as long as there is contact.
If they do not respond, I repeat this after another four days.
If no response to either, I will open an unpaid item case two days later. Ten days should have been enough to get a response in my opinion.
The ones that wind me up are the buyers that purchase an item on a buy it now and then do not pay or communicate.
Karb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:44 am 
Post subject:

As a seller, I wait 7 days.

As a buyer, I sometimes have my eye on other items from the same seller which end in a few days time, but I will always contact the seller immediately to ask if it is ok to wait and do one invoice for everything at the end. I've never had anyone refuse. It's just courtesy to get in touch so the seller isn't fretting on whether or not I'm going to pay.
gatfb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:45 pm 
Post subject:

I wait seven days and then send a 'Thank you for bidding on my auction. item will be sent once payment has been received' email.

I then wait seven more days before opening a case.
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:51 pm 
Post subject:

I rarely sell on Ebay anymore as it just isn't worth the hassle.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:34 pm 
Post subject:

I state on my auctions that payment much be submitted within 48 hours of auction ending and in 95% of cases that happens, occasionally I need to send a nudge which I do after 3 days, or sometimes the buyer sends a message to say it might take a little longer as they are on holiday, fair enough.

Those who win an auction and don't make contact and don't pay on time are the worst kind of ebayer.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

Courtesy as Karb says is the key word. I once waited ten days for payment for an item . I sent a reminder and got a reply " as i was impatient the deal was off ", and he would not pay . I think it was a tenner. It's just pathetic , i just don't bother any more. Too many dealings with idiots can get you down.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:39 pm 
Post subject:

[quote="Rafehod"]
goonerboy wrote:

My take on it is that any buyer who waits 4-5 days without payment or even the courtesy of contact to let the seller know the situation, is rude .

why rude ? my philosophy is that he/she has bid on the item because they want to purchase it and they will complete the deal in time. These days with snipers it is probably not unusual that a bidder doesn't know he/she has won until possibly the next day. Why get stressed over a few quid for the sake of a few days.

yes very rude if they keep quiet and don't pay at all but in 10 years of ebay i have had no more than a couple of non-payers. In fact I have had more experiences of sellers not completing deals than buyers not completing.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:30 am 
Post subject:

If the buyer hasn't paid within the hour, I make arrangements to have them kneecapped.

I did used to wait two hours, but was getting worried they may mistake my patient kindness for weakness.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:55 am 
Post subject:

[quote="goonerboy"][quote="Rafehod"]
goonerboy wrote:

yes very rude if they keep quiet and don't pay at all but in 10 years of ebay i have had no more than a couple of non-payers. In fact I have had more experiences of sellers not completing deals than buyers not completing.

That is the point I was making, contact is key. If they don't have the courtesy to explain why payment will be late then they are rude, with no manners. Yes very few deals go wrong in my experience but they do. And the ones who stay quiet are always the ones that have potential to go wrong. The excuse regarding sniping is bollocks in my opinion if you use that sort of thing then you would always check your account to see if you won and if you don't then again it shows a level of complacency and lack of thought for your trading partners.

buying and selling no matter what platform you use should be done with respect on both sides, not arrogance.
coolascustard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:16 am 
Post subject:

They may be on holiday this time of year and I would give them a little bit of leeway.
But Iam a soft touch at the best of times.
notreve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:08 am 
Post subject:

Slightly off topic but why do sellers hype up current season programmes in advance- there's an example for this weekend at Everton - pre-order this "very rare" programme- yes very rare what do we reckon only 10,000 copies minimum??
daiward

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:37 pm 
Post subject:

I have had several up & downers with eBay over the fact that buyers take precedence over sellers particularly regarding feedback. Why allow one faction to leave negative & the other not? That is not democratic. But I think the main problem with eBay is that those running the show have never been actually involved in selling anything on their site. Perhaps they should. Then they will discover as all sellers do that there are too many cases where buyers do not understand what is required of them. I am both a collector & a seller so know both sides. From this I will treat a seller as an equal with respect. But will I get that respect from some buyers who have no idea of the pitfalls of being a seller? No chance. So that is up to eBay to educate the apparent masses who frequent their site to find a bargain or two. Will that ever happen? I doubt very much. As a concern that can think of taking ten-per cent of postage in a misguided view of that 'freepost' is a better option & helps sales is a bullying tactic that deserves derision. Have they not considered sales abroad? It is costly enough without their intrusion which I will always add to the buyers bill. So winning bidders it your responsibility to pay up in a reasonable time slot as you would be expected to anywhere else you purchased goods. Please take note eBay as in the final analysis it is your responsibility to ensure 'trading partners' observe your rules from both sides.
mellieha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:32 pm 

Further to my post earlier in the week, I sold a programme on Ebay last Sunday and I still have had no payment or contact from the buyer! His feedback rating is only 8 which always gets me worried when the winning bidder has very little feedback. Perhaps Ebay should instant on instant payment from winning bidders with a feedback rating of less than 30.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: