Football Programmes Centre

Predictor Rule 2016-7. Please Read
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Predictor Rule 2016-7. Please Read

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2016-17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:00 pm 
Post subject: Predictor Rule 2016-7. Please Read

Its nearly time for the 6th Annual predictor Tournament.

There are a few changes this year.

Rules.

1. There are 2 conferences again, (North and South) but with 2 sub divisions in each. (Northern Territories and Yorkshire) and (Midlands & South West) and London/Home counties). These have been allocated geographically to the best I can. Nothing to do with ability.

2. Everybody plays each other once in their conference (23 games) Jan 14th final game.

3. After 23 games the bottom four in each Division will be elimated. So 16 teams will go out of the competition on Jan 14th.

4. The remaining teams in each Division (Cool, will then play each other (7 games) leading to a final total of 30 games. (End of March)

5. After 30 games the top 5 in each division (i.e 10 in each conference will qualify for the play-offs)

6. Play offs:

Round 1
This applies to each Conference:
Divisional winners face-off. Winner automatically qualifies for Conference Final. Loser stays in.
Division Quarter Finals
2nd v 5th
3rd v 4th
4th v 3rd
5th v 2nd

Round 2
Divisional Semi Final
Winners of Week 1 games face off

Round 3
Winners of semi Final Face off.

Round 4
Winner of Elimination final to play defeated Divisional winners from Week 1

Round 5
Conference Finals

Round 6
Grand Final

As always it is a big advantage to be Conference winners.....but it doesn't guarantee success

7. Every League member automatically gets entered into the Predictor Cup which starts January

8. Main Rules: Predict 10 scores each week for the given matches.

SCORES TO BE IN BEFORE MID-DAY SATURDAY EACH WEEK

9. Correct score 3 pts, Correct result 1 pt. Highlight one fixture for double pts.

10. Head to head 3 pts for win, 1 pt draw. Highest score in each CONFERENCE weekly will get 2 bonus points, 1 pt if shared.

Last edited by sharrowblade on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:37 am 
Post subject:

Sharrow

Many thanks for taking the time to organise the competition again - much appreciated.
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:12 pm 
Post subject: Predictor Rule 2016-7. Please Read

martino wrote:
Sharrow

Many thanks for taking the time to organise the competition again - much appreciated.

I echo martino's words Sharrow. Many thanks for doing this. Clap
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:38 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Sharrowblade for the hard work you're putting into this!
Turvey Tyke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:38 pm 
Post subject:

Looking forward to my debut season. What happens in the event of a team not submitting their scores. Is it a straight walkover or are default scores eg 1-1 used.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 pm 
Post subject: Re: Predictor Rule 2016-7. Please Read

sharrowblade wrote:
Its nearly time for the 6th Annual predictor Tournament.

There are a few changes this year.

Rules.

1. There are 2 conferences again, (North and South) but with 2 sub divisions in each. (Northern Territories and Yorkshire) and (Midlands & South West) and London/Home counties). These have been allocated geographically to the best I can. Nothing to do with ability.

2. Everybody plays each other once in their conference (23 games) Jan 14th final game.

3. After 23 games the bottom four in each Division will be elimated. So 16 teams will go out of the competition on Jan 14th.

4. The remaining teams in each Division (Cool, will then play each other (7 games) leading to a final total of 30 games. (End of March)

5. After 30 games the top 5 in each division (i.e 10 in each conference will qualify for the play-offs)

6. Play offs:

Round 1
This applies to each Conference:
Divisional winners face-off. Winner automatically qualifies for Conference Final. Loser stays in.
Division Quarter Finals
2nd v 5th
3rd v 4th
4th v 3rd
5th v 2nd

Round 2
Divisional Semi Final
Winners of Week 1 games face off

Round 3
Winners of semi Final Face off.

Round 4
Winner of Elimination final to play defeated Divisional winners from Week 1

Round 5
Conference Finals

Round 6
Grand Final

As always it is a big advantage to be Conference winners.....but it doesn't guarantee success

7. Every League member automatically gets entered into the Predictor Cup which starts January

8. Main Rules: Predict 10 scores each week for the given matches.

SCORES TO BE IN BEFORE MID-DAY SATURDAY EACH WEEK

9. Correct score 3 pts, Correct result 1 pt. Highlight one fixture for double pts.

10. Head to head 3 pts for win, 1 pt draw. Highest score in each division weekly will get 2 bonus points, 1 pt if shared.

well done Sharrow from me too-all that i need to do is better than last time!

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:18 am 
Post subject:

Turvey Tyke wrote:
Looking forward to my debut season. What happens in the event of a team not submitting their scores. Is it a straight walkover or are default scores eg 1-1 used.

A team not submitting scores for that week will score 0.

Remember all scores must be in by mid-day Saturday every week.
martino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:26 pm 
Post subject:

Turvey Tyke wrote:

If you are going to be away without internet access, just send Sharrow a list of scores before you go. Not knowing the matches would probably improve my performance in the league. Smile
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2016-17 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: