Football Programmes Centre

Subbuteo query
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Subbuteo query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:55 pm 
Post subject: Subbuteo query

Anyone able to tell me the difference between heavyweight and lightweight subbuteo figures - aside from the obvious. Is there identifiable markings on the figures or boxes?

Many thanks in advance - GreatBarrWolf
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:06 pm 
Post subject:

Yes boxes are diff, apart from the smaller green lid box, also a diff figure shape plus HW's had a slot base and painted figs LW's round peg slot , a few earlyones can be found painted but are mainly transferred onto th efigs
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:07 pm 
Post subject:

So which are these two guys using? Can you tell from this photo?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:17 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
So which are these two guys using? Can you tell from this photo?

Not sure but the guy bottom left lying on his back rolling around in pain has to be Cristiano Ronaldo - the two 'giants' are Bill Shankley and Joe Gallagher.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:23 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks GBW, I had the ID of the 2 giants - one was a true giant, the other played for Birmingham.

There's a few that bloke diving around could have been. Nico Claessen, Francis Lee, that Portuguese defender Pepe - that list is endless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:47 pm 

It can't be Nico Claesen. He was never on the pitch long enough.
Unless it's the warm up of course. Laughing
NWM Football

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:43 am 
Post subject:

Poor old Nico !

Who'd have thought when he tucked away a late winner against Chelsea down the Park Lane end on August 22nd 1987 it would be over twenty years until another home League win against them ?

Top goal against the 'Ammers in the League Cup quarter-final a few months earlier. Such a pity that the 1986-87 team peaked a tad too early, once they got used to the way David Pleat wanted them to play they were a fantastic team to watch. Despite the result, the 1987 F.A. Cup Final is still one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of attending.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:09 am 

NWM Football wrote:
Poor old Nico !

Who'd have thought when he tucked away a late winner against Chelsea down the Park Lane end on August 22nd 1987 it would be over twenty years until another home League win against them ?

Top goal against the 'Ammers in the League Cup quarter-final a few months earlier. Such a pity that the 1986-87 team peaked a tad too early, once they got used to the way David Pleat wanted them to play they were a fantastic team to watch. Despite the result, the 1987 F.A. Cup Final is still one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of attending.

I remember the West Ham game very well NWM. A few days later we won at Highbury and squeezed in between the games, my daughter was born. I remember dreading the tannoy call at the West Ham game as we took the Irons apart.
Quite a few days!
KJD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:50 am 
Post subject:

[quote="Pete’s Picture Palace"]So which are these two guys using? Can you tell from this photo?

They will be heavyweights simply from the date. They had replaced the old stamped lightweights by the time I got my first set in Summer 1966 when I got invited to fill a gap in the local estate kids Subbuteo World Cup. No choice of teams for me, Mexico was the one left so it was the Green shirts white shorts team. I don't remember any details other than I didn't get any further and no doubt lost all my games.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: