Football Programmes Centre

2016/17 LEAGUE TWO - Match Badges Thread
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2016/17 LEAGUE TWO - Match Badges Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

This is the chap who Dorking was referring to John, "Dave From Brum" - he did the Newport v MK Dons match badges at the top of this page, and has since done a requested match badge for him too ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/davetfrombrum?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

You could drop him a PM and ask, I expect he'd be glad of the business mate no matter how small your order.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

Superblue wrote:
I noticed this while badge hunting
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARL.....Sw65FXq1k3
I am not even going to pay over a fiver for a badge that has wrong day and year on it. The actual date was 1st August 2015.

Kyle

The same seller has photo on an ebay listing. I pointed out the problem with the badge on the left, so now he's just selling the one on the right!

However this really takes the prize -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MANC.....SwXrhXmgbc

Supposed to represent the four semi finalists in 1990, but ALL 4 crests are more modern ones - none of those 4 crests existed in 1990 even the Man Utd one is the most modern version (without 'Football Club' on it)
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:00 pm 
Post subject:

The Everton v Tottenham badge made me chuckle!!

Laughing
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:32 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
This is the chap who Dorking was referring to John, "Dave From Brum" - he did the Newport v MK Dons match badges at the top of this page, and has since done a requested match badge for him too ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/davetfrombrum?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

You could drop him a PM and ask, I expect he'd be glad of the business mate no matter how small your order.

Thanks, will do.
Superblue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 pm 
Post subject:

High prices for low quality badges with the wrong logos, dates etc.
Superblue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

Since posting about the fault with that badge, the item has now been removed from eBay before I had a chance to point out the fault.

Kyle
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:44 pm 
Post subject:

Re Auchinleck Talbot match badges - as long as you are aware these are not 'enamel' style badges, and don't mind that, then I am sure he would be wiling to discuss what he could do with you.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:49 pm 
Post subject:

Mansfield design 2016/17 (two colourways)

Superblue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:50 pm 
Post subject:

Did you get any badges made Dorking? And how many and was the price reasonable?

Kyle
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Yes he did me them for Palace v Stoke in last seasons FA Cup and yes very fair.

This seasons League Cup ones he has with the metal cup detailed on them are the best non-enamel match badges I've seen to be honest. Of course not everyone will want them in their collection, just like some don't like 'button' badges, or in my case I cannot stand those plastic 'star' badges from waaaay back!
Superblue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:01 pm 
Post subject:

Normally I don't to these sort of badges but I do like the look of them, thank you for the information.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:06 pm 
Post subject:

No probs. The guy that does them, Dave Thomas has just messaged me through ebay and said that he is happy for anyone to get in touch with him.
If you are on facebook, search for Made in Brum (a Birmingham City fanzine), 'friend' him, and you can message him that way, or through ebay, username davetfrombrum
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:29 am 
Post subject:

These insert type badges are complete garbage, well done to Accy, Mansfield & Wycombe for actually doing something that is worthy to be in anyones collection but the inserts - wheres the bin!
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:43 pm 
Post subject:

Not being funny lads but these match day badges, how come there are two, three or sometimes four different ones of the same design albeit a slightly different background colour, lettering etc etc

What's the point?

Is it simply to make more money out of you Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Not being funny lads but these match day badges, how come there are two, three or sometimes four different ones of the same design albeit a slightly different background colour, lettering etc etc

What's the point?

Is it simply to make more money out of you Sad

Totally Agree.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

The multiple colourways (as with a lot of badges, not just matchdays) is in many cases because there is a minimum order run, say 50 or 100 but if they do half in one colour and half in another, then many collectors will buy both which makes it more likely the seller can reach the 'break even' point where interest is not likely to be massive

Sometimes it could be exploiting those who like to have all the versions, but nobody is being forced to buy them all

Even with programme collectors, people like it when there is a second different colour cover, different versions of a hardback or VIP special, a postponed version with an insert, a pirate one sold at the ground if nothing official was made (I have 4 different programmes for a Hungary v England game I went to at the Nepstadion) and so on

Anyway this is a badge appreciation thread, so lets not turn it into the sort of thread like where Treble liked to slag off badge collecting.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:53 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Anyway this is a badge appreciation thread, so lets not turn it into the sort of thread like where Treble liked to slag off badge collecting.

Well said mate.

It's easy to be choosy over badges when you support a big club with scores of monthly, even weekly issues to pick over.
Less so when you support a club like mine (and countless other small fry in the lower leagues) where you're lucky to pick up a handful of match badges all season.

I'm grateful for any badges that are produced featuring my club regardless of their quality.

I have plenty of rare and valuable old badges in my collection, yet some of my most favourite pins are the "rubbish" many would turn their noses up at it seems.

Each to their own and all that.
I personally like my badge collection to have representations of everything that was produced for my club.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:06 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
The multiple colourways (as with a lot of badges, not just matchdays) is in many cases because there is a minimum order run, say 50 or 100 but if they do half in one colour and half in another, then many collectors will buy both which makes it more likely the seller can reach the 'break even' point where interest is not likely to be massive

Sometimes it could be exploiting those who like to have all the versions, but nobody is being forced to buy them all

Even with programme collectors, people like it when there is a second different colour cover, different versions of a hardback or VIP special, a postponed version with an insert, a pirate one sold at the ground if nothing official was made (I have 4 different programmes for a Hungary v England game I went to at the Nepstadion) and so on

Hang on a minute-i like others feel that it is simply a way to extort money out of collectors, albeit they do not have to buy them all, as you say that is their choice, but i think it unfair to say that there is a corrolation for a postponed issue or a different cover and that it is the same thing as it is not.

Lastly, please do not compare me or my simple choice that i would not indulge in that type of badge collecting[i have over 1000 MUFC related badges but nothing from the last 10 years] to a former forum member who was banned 3 times for his behavior towards all fellow members and to every level of collecting, as unless it is not worth bundles or is rare or then it is "worthless crap" as it was put.

so for saying "I totally agree" with another member then my opinion is not to be dismissed either because if that is what is happening then you are denying me the right to have an opinion.

There is only one aspect of collecting that i have not gotten into which are the futura and similar cards-i have no interest at all in that type of collectible but 1000's of others do and i say if that is what does it for you then that is up to the individual-after all it is their money.

I just felt after giving an honest view I am not going to be told that i could be denigrating an aspect of badge collecting, to each their own except i made my opinion known-that is all.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:17 am 
Post subject:

Fair points Leslie, well made, and I as much as anyone know that you are very open to everyone being equal in enjoying and appreciating whatever they collect. You made very kind comments about my signed Palace 'Russian dolls', first time anyone hasn't laughed at them, and whatever makes someone happy is fine by me too.

Was just trying to say that there isn't much point in people saying some badges aren't very good, on a thread where even hardened collectors themselves have earlier said that they won't be buying one sellers home made (mistake riddled) efforts!

Anyhow, not worth disagreeing over, the badge part of the forum is the busiest it has been for ages!

And I've just ordered Palace-Blackpool ones for the next round of the League Cup, so I'm a happy bunny. The seller is using a different account by the way, Bluebadgedesign (or similar) this time
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:44 am 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:

I wasn't aware that it had. I'm certainly not 'slagging off' anyone badge collecting. I have a passion for team-sheets so I'm hardly in a position to belittle or denigrate anyone else for their area of collecting. Laughing

If members are posting pictures of badges, they are inviting feedback (positive and negative) from others.

I have not passed any comment on the quality or like-abilty of any individual badges shown. It is not an area, as far as I'm concerned where I have any authority to do so but respect others that have.

I was simply asking a couple of questions about an aspect of the hobby that I understand some lads are very passionate about and was seeking to find out what they thought about this aspect of badge collecting (Multiple badges for the same game) that is now common at games that I attend. I'm sure there are others wondering the same.

As you rightly pointed out the badge section is an active part of the forum, which can only be a good thing.

Regards, sharrow
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: