Football Programmes Centre

Problems with Bidding at Auctions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Problems with Bidding at Auctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mellieha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:49 pm 
Post subject: Problems with Bidding at Auctions

I made an online bid direct with an auction house yesterday for a certain lot that was in an auction today. I was able to listen live to the auction online and it was won by a single bidder in the room even though my online bid was £55 higher! I received confirmation of my maximum bid from the auction house yesterday by email. The auction house is investigating at the moment. Has this happened to anyone else? What's my position?
Rafehod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:11 pm 
Post subject:

Hi

Yes it has happened to me and the auctions always say they will investigate it but they will never really do anything about it. Human error can happen but I think unless you phone and speak to someone to give your bids rather than rely on the automated bid system then this can always happen. I have never used the automated bidding since and my bids have been always executed correctly.......So I can now watch myself get outbid quite safely!!!!

Sad
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

I had it happen earlier this year, I bid £500 on a shirt on the Sunday before an auction as I would be travelling to our game which was on the Monday night, it went for £500 which was my exact bid, when I queried it I was told the bidder in the room took priority !!!

Surely it should have gone to me and the other bidder be requested to go higher ?

websites - www.footballstickershop.com
www.footballcardsworld.com
goonerboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:53 am 
Post subject:

I did once have a similar (but different) online bidding problem. I often use saleroom to bid and I received on one of my auction invoices an item for which I did not bid. I queried it with the auction house who said that they had received the bidder number from the saleroom. I checked my saleroom account and there was no record I had won or bid on that item. The auction house queried it with saleroom who then could not match up the info with any saleroom bid so the auction house deleted it from my invoice.
grantham

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:30 pm 
Post subject:

I would wait for confirmation that you haven't won first mellieha
Some auction houses have online commission bids as 'in-room' for ease of bidding
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: