Football Programmes Centre

Stereo Typical scousers!!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stereo Typical scousers!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 am 
Post subject:

Got to be honest Rocky our defence chucked everything in the way yesterday, i didnt go mainly as it was a crazy time for supporters travelling so far, rumours are that the mags game is going to be changed to a 1pm sunday kick off..another 4 am start !!

Rocky Boro wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nice one Matt. Thumbs Up
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:05 am 
Post subject: Re: Scousers !!

MRPROGRAMMES wrote:
I Remember the Forest fans in 1989 booing at Hillsborough as obviously Liverpool fans were trying to invade the pitch and were causing trouble. Maybe you were one of them ? as of course we are all the same and we were bound to be rioting.

I am more than willing to debate Hillsborough with you but as was seen on other threads the topic is a very sensitive one.

Yes I was there, and yes I along with thousands of other Forest fans booed initially as we thought you were invading the pitch... How were we to know what was happening from 150 yards away? once it became apparent what was happening Forest fans came on the pitch to help. The outpouring of grief in the aftermath from Nottingham people also showed what we thought about the situation. It was a horrible thing to witness and something that will always remain with me. Just because they have been victims of a sporting disaster does not mean that I have to like them, my opinion of scousers has been formed by numerous distateful incidents that I have witnessed.

Just because they have been victims of a sporting disaster does not mean that the stereotype of them being theiving 'scallys' is no longer appropriate... If it was Forest fans that died that day do you think people would stop calling SCABS?

When talking about Hillsborough, I see no one talks about the Liverpool fans still trying to pick fights with Forest fans outside the ground on that fateful day? I left the ground shellshocked at about 4:15 and there were Liverpool 'fans' trying to cause a fight with us. Unbelieveable. I didnt put this in initial my anti scouse post as I know the sort of reaction it would have got.

I also see no one talks about Liverpool fans storming the gates to get into the ground during the 2005 European cup final, they more than anyone should know what happens when too many people get into a football ground.

Right then, onto the miners strike.
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:10 am 
Post subject:

MRPROGRAMMES wrote:
I Remember the Forest fans in 1989 booing at Hillsborough as obviously Liverpool fans were trying to invade the pitch and were causing trouble. Maybe you were one of them ? as of course we are all the same and we were bound to be rioting.

stodin wrote:
I am sure not all scousers are like this, and I am sure the posters on her are all wonderful people but it is incidents like this that make me check my wallet everytime I hear that accent Wink

Confused
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:29 am 
Post subject: Re: Scousers !!

stodin wrote:
I am more than willing to debate Hillsborough with you but as was seen on other threads the topic is a very sensitive one.

Yes I was there, and yes I along with thousands of other Forest fans booed initially as we thought you were invading the pitch... How were we to know what was happening from 150 yards away? once it became apparent what was happening Forest fans came on the pitch to help. The outpouring of grief in the aftermath from Nottingham people also showed what we thought about the situation. It was a horrible thing to witness and something that will always remain with me. Just because they have been victims of a sporting disaster does not mean that I have to like them, my opinion of scousers has been formed by numerous distateful incidents that I have witnessed.

Just because they have been victims of a sporting disaster does not mean that the stereotype of them being theiving 'scallys' is no longer appropriate... If it was Forest fans that died that day do you think people would stop calling SCABS?

When talking about Hillsborough, I see no one talks about the Liverpool fans still trying to pick fights with Forest fans outside the ground on that fateful day? I left the ground shellshocked at about 4:15 and there were Liverpool 'fans' trying to cause a fight with us. Unbelieveable. I didnt put this in initial my anti scouse post as I know the sort of reaction it would have got.

I also see no one talks about Liverpool fans storming the gates to get into the ground during the 2005 European cup final, they more than anyone should know what happens when too many people get into a football ground.

Right then, onto the miners strike.

Unfortunately (and please, I don't want to fall out with anyone over this), the fact that thousands of ticketless Liverpool fans (and yes, it was thousands) turned up and forced their way illegally in to the ground is rarely mentioned. It was a sad day, the number of lives lost was very, very sad indeed, and yes, there were other underlying problems on the day that added to the problems, but regrettably some people either do not want to hear, or will not admit to the truth.

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:16 am 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 am 
Post subject:

You can talk about thieving Scousers if you want. I'm not offended.

Hillsborough - hmm - not prepared to discuss this one right here so will remain non- committal on previous comments.
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:41 am 
Post subject: Re: thieves

[quote="Tynie Topics"][quote="Auchinleckian"]Remember going on a bus from work to see the quarter final replay between Grimsby and Wolves in the 79-80 season. As we alighted at the service station it became quickly apparent that there were numerous other Grimsby buses in there, and we joined the back of the food queue. Most folk had eaten their main meal by the time we got to the till, but there was one greedy twat in front of me who's stuffed 3 or 4 cream doughnuts down his tee shirt, with a napkin around them to prevent any leakage onto his gear. As we got to the till, I just couldn't resist it, and grabbed him in a bear hug around his chest and the synthetic cream squeezed out slowly up the front of his tee shirt. He said nothing, went red, and paid for his cup of tea. The girl on the till, bless her, didn't know where to look but nigh on peed herself...[/qu

Priceless
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 am 
Post subject: stereo

Ooops
Wrong key alert.
Homer Homer Homer
mancitymark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:10 pm 
Post subject:

Now I tend to try and treat everyone how I would expect to be treated myself but a couple of years back I was playing at Anfield in the Carlsberg Pub Cup Semi-Finals, Six of the lads who came up to support us that day had there cars broken into during the game including my disabled brother’s car and they even took his disabled badge and left him to drive home with a broken window in the pissing rain !!! NICE PEOPLE !!! No
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:07 pm 
Post subject: scousers

I'm sure most folk of my generation, and, indeed, anyone over the age of 40 have tales of being involved in football violence of one sort or the other - either as the perpetrator or the unfortunate one who has been subjected to it. It's difficult to turn the other cheek to the perpetrators, and to read some of the accounts in the hoolie books is laughable - " - we easy took on 5,000 my mate and I" - but I always try not to tar everyone with the same brush.
I've seen appalling violence at Anfield when Grimsby took over 20,000 there is 79-80 in the FACup (check out the attendances in that year's Rothmans when our game gave Liverpool their 5th highest gate of the season) There was an overflow of about 1,000 put in the Kop and there were 5 stabbings before the police moved them out at half time.
I've seen really nasty violence at the old Ayresome Park when Grimsby had the termerity to win 2-1 in the FACup there when they were 5th in the old 1st division and we were 3rd from bottom of the 4th.
I've run for my life at Brentford one season, 1972-3, pursued by a huge gang, and I gave a more than passable impression of the Road Runner. Ditto at Man. City when we played there in the League Cup in the early 80's.
I abhor football violence, but just because I've been subjected to it myself I don't bear ill will against that particular town / city or it's people. My mum's a scouser so I could hardly hate them after what happened at Anfield, and on the road back to Stanley Park with big gangs of Evertonians (who we'd knocked out of the League Cup earlier in the season) I always used to be more vigilant when watching Grimsby before moving north and always ensuring I had the opportunity for a quick getaway by getting to a ground reasonably early so I could park close by.
At the end of the day we're all football fans first and foremost. Yes, fuckwits attach themselves to our game, but there's not a lot that can be done about that.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:47 pm 
Post subject:

mancitymark wrote:
Now I tend to try and treat everyone how I would expect to be treated myself but a couple of years back I was playing at Anfield in the Carlsberg Pub Cup Semi-Finals, Six of the lads who came up to support us that day had there cars broken into during the game including my disabled brother’s car and they even took his disabled badge and left him to drive home with a broken window in the pissing rain !!! NICE PEOPLE !!! No

Chances are there's not a lot to choose between the Blue and Red half but I obviously think their lot are worse than my lot. Sorry to hear that, hope you won the game!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:18 pm 
Post subject:

One thing to remember, regardless of your personal feelings against Scousers (or anyone else for that matter), I dont think you'll find too many of the "unsavoury" element on this forum. Worth bearing in mind.
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:01 pm 
Post subject: Stereo

Well said that man.
Clap Clap Clap
kcs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:02 pm 
Post subject:

Totally agree with Tyne Topics, it must be said that everyone I have had the pleasure of speaking and trading with on the forum are top class people.

I must also add that I started this thread as a light hearted topic and meant no offence to any scouser or any type of people, just wanted to highlight the irony of my experience.

I also noted that the thread was frowned upon as not being a programme related topic, in my defence it was posted in the 'anything goes' section.

Once again, apologies for any offence caused but this thread has certainly re ignited alot of memories if nothing else.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:39 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
I must also add that I started this thread as a light hearted topic and meant no offence to any scouser or any type of people, just wanted to highlight the irony of my experience.

I suppose I should take some of the blame for it as I took the bait quite easilly Laughing
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:16 am 
Post subject:

Barrett wrote:
kcs wrote:

I suppose I should take some of the blame for it as I took the bait quite easilly Laughing

Thick Scousers.... Sherlock

(waits for Barrett to take the bate - again!)

Just wondering if the OP meant (my) Stereo (has gone missing) - Typical Scousers or Stereotypical Scousers!!
Van Dyke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:40 am 
Post subject: Stereo Typica Scousers

Surely guys enough is enough , I joined this forum to be in contact with true football fans who also love collecting football programmes . I am sure we could all have a tale to tell re. numpties who go to watch our respective teams . Lets get back on track and discuss matters relating to proper anorachs like postponed games etc. etc.
Van Dyke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:41 am 
Post subject: Stereo Typica Scousers

Surely guys enough is enough , I joined this forum to be in contact with true football fans who also love collecting football programmes . I am sure we could all have a tale to tell re. numpties who go to watch our respective teams . Lets get back on track and discuss matters relating to proper anorachs like postponed games etc. etc.
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

To be fair a lot of clubs fans have stolen things from service stations not just Scousers.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:42 pm 
Post subject: Re: Stereo Typica Scousers

Van Dyke wrote:

REPEAT POST!!

Or twice postponed ones even!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: