Football Programmes Centre

Stereo Typical scousers!!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stereo Typical scousers!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:58 pm 
Post subject: Stereo Typical scousers!!!

Can't see why the scousers have a bad reputation for thieving??

Just stopped at the services on the m4 on the way to Brentford when a coach load of Everton fans came along. Whsmith has just been emptied of it's chocolate box and fleeces!! Bold as brass about walking out with them!!

A couple had 2-3 visits!! Christmas presents sorted I gues!!

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:02 pm 
Post subject:

We don't deny what some of us are like.

The thing that winds us up is that you all tar us with the same brush.

The same thing happenes at service stations all over the country every single weekend but yet it's only scousers that get slated for it.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

CarlisleUtdMem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:56 pm 
Post subject:

Does the 'some' include you Barrett as didn't you boast about taking a cup final programme in May on your way to the match?

Please forgive me if I'm wrong - I might be thinking of someone else from another forum! Smile
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:12 pm 
Post subject:

The 'some' doesnt include me no.

Yes, you are right about me obtaining a Cup Final programme for free but it was given to me, I didnt take it. How many of us would turn one down if it was given to us?
roxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:56 pm 
Post subject:

Barrett wrote:
We don't deny what some of us are like.

The thing that winds us up is that you all tar us with the same brush.

The same thing happenes at service stations all over the country every single weekend but yet it's only scousers that get slated for it.

jesus mate surely his post was for a laugh ??
either way biggest bite ever Get My Coat
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:09 pm 
Post subject:

matt blue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:35 pm 
Post subject:

ive seen city fans empty the reading services on the way back from a few midweek london games...not just everton fans -
stodin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:21 am 
Post subject:

CarlisleUtdMem wrote:
Does the 'some' include you Barrett as didn't you boast about taking a cup final programme in May on your way to the match?

Please forgive me if I'm wrong - I might be thinking of someone else from another forum! Smile

Didnt he try to get into the cup final for free too with a blatant disregard to safety?
stodin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 am 
Post subject:

I have had many bad experiences of scousers, they are bad enough in England but on England away trips they are far worse.

Malmo - Euro 92 - thousands of England fans are in the beer tent set up for us and milling around the square. We have had a great reception from all the locals Wink and police, there is a carnival atmosphere when 3 scousers enter the crowd with a shopping trolley full of Gucci gear they have just robbed from the Gucci shop on the high street. Some people (mainly other scousers and kids who know no better) buy their ill gotten gains before normal people turn on the robbers for ruining the trust we have built up. They get a slap the police and Gucci get their stuff back.

Le tournoi - Nantes 97 - On a tram going to the game v Italy, again there is a good atmosphere on the tram. The locals are having a laugh with us although they do look a bit wary. Lone scouser gets on and starts abusing the locals, he comes up to me and spots my Forest pin badge and asks "what team is that" I tell him and he wanders down the tram abusing locals again... he comes back to me and ask "what team" I tell him again, he them trys to scrounge fags and money off anyone who is near him, all refuse so he starts abusing the locals. He comes back to me so I manouver myself so I am facing the door, he now has to stand facing me with his back to the door... He asks "what team" spitting as he speaks, we are pulling into a tram stop so I say "pardon" just as we stop he asks "what team" I say "Forest" just as the doors open, I give him a slap and shove him backwards off the tram, he lies on the floor doing the dying fly to cheers from everyone on the tram. Prat

1998 World Cup - Lens - This game was always going to atrract the nob-heads from all over England and it did. It was a dry city so we had a booze in Lille and got to Lens with intention of getting straight to the game. There were thousands of England fans wanting tickets as we approached the ground (I was OK as I was guaranteed tickets to all England games due to my loyalty ponts) Most of these England fans knew they were not going to get in and resigned themselves to the fact that if they couldnt find touts willing to sell at a reasonable price they would not be seeing the game. 3 groups of scousers (that I saw) had different ideas though and decided to rob fellow England fans of their tickets. 2 of these groups had swift and severe retribution delivered, the other group, luckily for them, got away with it.

I have many stories like this but you will have to wait for the book to be published Laughing

I am sure not all scousers are like this, and I am sure the posters on her are all wonderful people but it is incidents like this that make me check my wallet everytime I hear that accent Wink
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 am 
Post subject:

Yeah I've seen the little thieving buggers in action too..

I was offered a handful of 50 Euro notes for 20 each in Athens recently by a fellow Blue - he claimed (openly) they were fake. I declined his very generous "offer"
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:04 pm 
Post subject: thieves

Remember going on a bus from work to see the quarter final replay between Grimsby and Wolves in the 79-80 season. As we alighted at the service station it became quickly apparent that there were numerous other Grimsby buses in there, and we joined the back of the food queue. Most folk had eaten their main meal by the time we got to the till, but there was one greedy twat in front of me who's stuffed 3 or 4 cream doughnuts down his tee shirt, with a napkin around them to prevent any leakage onto his gear. As we got to the till, I just couldn't resist it, and grabbed him in a bear hug around his chest and the synthetic cream squeezed out slowly up the front of his tee shirt. He said nothing, went red, and paid for his cup of tea. The girl on the till, bless her, didn't know where to look but nigh on peed herself...
MRPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 pm 
Post subject: Scousers !!

Anything goes eh
Why dont you keep your anti scouse bile to your own club forums.
Calm Down, Calm down, how funny and how original.
Lets try and keep this site to programmes and collecting. What next....Kelvin McKenzie Why he tells the truth, or South Yorkshire police safe in there hands or maybe Nottinghamshire Miners why we were scabs in 1984 .I Remember the Forest fans in 1989 booing at Hillsborough as obviously Liverpool fans were trying to invade the pitch and were causing trouble. Maybe you were one of them ? as of course we are all the same and we were bound to be rioting.
I think people should stick to the hobby of collecting rather than making snide comments about any set of fans where you have pretty much got an agenda to start with....and as for scousers (well Liverpool fans) following England, what a laugh. Were not English we are scouse, pretty much the same as the Man Utd fans (from Manchester anyway), club comes 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Dellboye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:25 pm 
Post subject:

I dont see why there should be a mass debate on this because everyone knows that that everyone is different. Some people are thieves ,lots are not. It doesn't really matter what part of the country you are from because I'm sure for every bad scouser there are 100 goods ones so why should they be singled out. Everytime I have been up north everyone seems a lot friendlier than us down south but as ever there are the odd dodgy ones. I know that scousers have a big reputation as thieves(which is not helped by all the liverpool players house robberies) but its not as if mancs, geordies and the scots(and others) are angels. Anyway the first post was probably meant as a laugh so I guess we have just had a bit of an overaction. We all just need to Scouse
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:39 pm 
Post subject:

Well said Dellboy.

Lets face it. Every single city, town and village in the world has it's thieves. NOT just Liverpool.

I think this thread should be put to bed now.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:42 pm 
Post subject: Anything Goes Chit Chat.

pastpirate wrote:
Well said Dellboy.

I think this thread should be put to bed now.
PLEASE.
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:47 pm 
Post subject:

Hang on, just before we put this thread to bed, Cardiff stole 3 points off us at the weekend.
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:11 am 
Post subject:

just like the fa cup match eh rocky Wink

Loved the goalie yesterday fair dues Ayatollah Ayatollah
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:32 am 
Post subject:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nice one Matt. Thumbs Up
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:45 am 
Post subject: Re: thieves

Auchinleckian wrote:
Remember going on a bus from work to see the quarter final replay between Grimsby and Wolves in the 79-80 season. As we alighted at the service station it became quickly apparent that there were numerous other Grimsby buses in there, and we joined the back of the food queue. Most folk had eaten their main meal by the time we got to the till, but there was one greedy twat in front of me who's stuffed 3 or 4 cream doughnuts down his tee shirt, with a napkin around them to prevent any leakage onto his gear. As we got to the till, I just couldn't resist it, and grabbed him in a bear hug around his chest and the synthetic cream squeezed out slowly up the front of his tee shirt. He said nothing, went red, and paid for his cup of tea. The girl on the till, bless her, didn't know where to look but nigh on peed herself...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: