Football Programmes Centre

July 2016
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
July 2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> A programme from this day in history
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:29 pm 
Post subject: July 2016

Something from a pre-season trip to Egypt here - 21 July 2007. Although it's fairly recent, I think it's quite interesting, and bit of a rarity. Team sheet only, as was the case for other games on the Dons' tour to Egypt that year.

Al Aluminium 3 Aberdeen 2

Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:36 am 
Post subject:

Just sneaking into July is this issue from the 1948 Olympic football tournament, at Selhurst Park, Denmark v Egypt. This was Match No. 3 in the competition. The attendance is given as 12,000.

And these are the middle pages showing how the players were numbered.

Denmark won 3-1 after extra time. They went on to finish in 3rd place (beating GB 5-3 in the bronze medal match). Sweden won the gold, beating Yugoslavia in the Final in front of 60,000 at Wembley.

The referee at Selhurst was one S.Boardman, good to see comedians were referees back then too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> A programme from this day in history All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: