Football Programmes Centre

What do you think of this?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What do you think of this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:24 am 
Post subject: What do you think of this?

I was bidding for a programme on ebay with 22 hours to go. I was being outbid but was prepared to go much higher. The seller wrote to me and said he had been offered a sum to end bidding early. I said why not wait and see as it had been on all week and i was prepared to go higher. Next thing i know the auction is off. What was the point?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:07 pm 
Post subject:

I have been in the same position as you, watching an item which has suddenly disappeared as "no longer for sale". Frustrating to say the least.

I listed some stuff last Sunday, almost immediately I got an offer of £25 each for two of the items if I stopped the auction. Tempting, but I refused as I would prefer the auctions to run their course.

One has already reached £25 with 7 watchers, the other is £12 also with 7 watchers. If I dont get £50 for both then hey ho, it's the thrill of the auction!
oldbolt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:38 pm 
Post subject:

Earlier this year a seller listed a 50/51 Bolton v Tottenham programme and accepted an offer of £75 to end the auction early.This was 6 or 7 days before the auction was due to end.
I'm not 100% certain but I think the last time I saw this programme on ebay which is a few years ago it sold for around £400.
As well as being hacked off that someone got a great buy "on my patch" it was disappointing not to see what the true value of it was.
I think if people give an offer to end the auction early it is because they want to pay less than it's worth.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:12 pm 
Post subject:

well i think this guy missed out as i was going to pay top price for the programme. what i ain't going to do is be in a unoffical auction with him going to one person then another saying this guys is going to pay x amount etc with no ebay protection if he were a con man. I'm surprised ebay allow this. Should i report him?

Last edited by Wullie on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 pm 
Post subject:

Common occurence on ebay that needs stamping out, if i had concrete evidence as you have ( the email), yes i would report it.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:30 pm 
Post subject:

I'd definitely report it, this guy is looking to push the price artificially high and not just the next highest bid. If you had offered your best price I'm sure he would have said he had been offered even more, just to push you. This kind of practice needs stopping it is very infuriating, as I have found myself.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:30 pm 
Post subject:

Out of curiosity what was the programme, who was the seller?
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:46 pm 
Post subject:

pm sent
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: