Football Programmes Centre

Tony Adcock
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tony Adcock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mancitymark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:25 pm 
Post subject: Tony Adcock

Anyone on here have any information on what former striker Tony Adcock does these days, Thanks Sherlock
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:17 am 
Post subject:

Bizarrely I know his ( I think now ex) wife as she recruits in the games industry...haven't spoken to her for a while but can ask the question

Is there a particular reason you are trying to track him down so I can explain my sudden curiosity?
mancitymark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:51 pm 
Post subject:

pafcprogs wrote:
Bizarrely I know his ( I think now ex) wife as she recruits in the games industry...haven't spoken to her for a while but can ask the question

Is there a particular reason you are trying to track him down so I can explain my sudden curiosity?

That would be great thank you - He's one of 4 signatures I'm missing on City 10 Huddersfield 1 match programme from 1987 in which Adcock scored a hat-trick along with David White & Paul Stewart so I'm hoping to get him to sign it.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:34 pm 
Post subject:

mancitymark wrote:

That would be great thank you - He's one of 4 signatures I'm missing on City 10 Huddersfield 1 match programme from 1987 in which Adcock scored a hat-trick along with David White & Paul Stewart so I'm hoping to get him to sign it.

I remember watching the highlights of that one on TV.
The commentator said something along the lines of "Huddersfield have a May and a Bray....they need a pray"

When the tenth City goal went in, the camera panned to the Huddersfield fans still singing away. Commentator stated "now that's real support"

Funny the things you remember, eh?
Karb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:50 pm 
Post subject:

Sunderland were at home to Grimsby that day in our third division season. Although I was born, and spent my early years in Sunderland, the family moved to a little village near Darlington when I was 9, and, although I'd been to a few Darlo games with mates from school, this was the first time I was allowed to go through to Sunderland on my own.

I caught a trans pennine back from Newcastle on the way home, and it had been absolutely destroyed on the way in, presumably by Huddersfield fans on their way back from Manchester
Theresonlyoneutd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:41 pm 
Post subject:

mancitymark wrote:
pafcprogs wrote:

Who else do you need,Adcock,Stewart,white and?...I do various events/dinners mainly with ex utd players but others also-somebody will have contact with them.
I'm picking up a autograpth book tomorrow with supposedly 69 city players in it-if he's in it I dont mind detaching it to tide you over if you need iit as bad as I need Francis Burns/Paul EDWARDS..can't track em down anywhere!
mancitymark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:59 am 
Post subject:

Theresonlyoneutd wrote:
mancitymark wrote:
pafcprogs wrote:

Who else do you need,Adcock,Stewart,white and?...I do various events/dinners mainly with ex utd players but others also-somebody will have contact with them.
I'm picking up a autograpth book tomorrow with supposedly 69 city players in it-if he's in it I dont mind detaching it to tide you over if you need iit as bad as I need Francis Burns/Paul EDWARDS..can't track em down anywhere!

Thanks for the offer I appreciate that but going to try and track him down, Apart from Adcock I need Ian Scott(Got a contact now), Neil McNab & Steve Redmond.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: