Football Programmes Centre

John Smith aka smithysprogrammes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
John Smith aka smithysprogrammes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:52 pm 
Post subject: John Smith aka smithysprogrammes

Was sad to hear today that John, who was an occasional poster on here, passed away recently. Though I didn't know him personally, I have purchased a few items from him and always found him easy to deal with.

RIP John
pnefan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Amazing Ebay seller - sad news indeed.
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/smithysprogrammes

Lived up the road from me to.
Mtbhull

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:11 pm 
Post subject: John Smith aka smithysprogrammes

Very sad news. He had supplied me with very many hull city programmes on eBay. A pleasure to deal with, he will be greatly missed

Martin
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:11 pm 
Post subject: John Smith

Over the years I have bought a number of items from John. I always found him a pleasure to deal with and although I did not really know him personally it is a sad loss for the hobby.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

i dealt with John on and off for over 25 years-he found me more than a few tasty bits, pricey but nevertheless good stuff 4 sure.

Does anyone have any other information about this, i was not sure i even knew how old he was either-Nice guy-smart cookie too, i found him very friendly indeed.

RIP Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eddie Reeve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:30 am 
Post subject: John Smith

Sad news.
I did meet John a long time ago but I don't think he could have been that old. I believe he traded with Ian Hands at one stage
Fishy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:16 pm 
Post subject:

RIP John

He supplied me with many programmes over the years and I thank him for it.
Rocky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

Would this be the same Smith who use to send out catalogues in the late 80's early 90's or was that Jim Smith? Looking at the article in the Independent, I'd calculate that he was only 52 when he died...no age.
holtie96

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:55 pm 
Post subject: Smith

Found this

smithysprogrammes

smithysprogrammes

Maintained by:smithysprogrammes ( 18775Yellow shooting star icon for Feedback score between 10,000 to 24,999) eBay Shop
Welcome to my eBay Shop. Please add me to your list of favourite sellers and come again. New items are always being added. Thank you for your business.

We are very sorry for the delay/not getting your items is Due to the sudden death of the owner of Smithysprogrammes,
Things have not been helped,as not being able to gain access to our shop,due to the fact that his name was on the contract of the lock and leave site were the programmes are held.so,its is locked.
We promise that as soon as the legal side is sorted we will fulfill all your orders.
Please bear with us thrrough this difficult period.
As you will be aware our Feedback before this happened was 100% despatching over 18,000 items.
Please send us a email,and we will try and refund,but also the Pay Pal account has been held.
Many Thanks
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:01 am 
Post subject:

I had numerous dealings with John over the years and always viewed him as old school, good to deal with.
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:33 am 
Post subject: john smith

To answer the question from Rocky yes I clearly remember getting catalogues but I recall it was Jim Smith. Having said that I do have a vague memory of them coming from the Brentford area. Given the revelations so far it could well be the same chap. As you also say very early fifties.
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:19 pm 
Post subject: Re: john smith

thfcbasil wrote:
To answer the question from Rocky yes I clearly remember getting catalogues but I recall it was Jim Smith.
Thanks for confirming Thumbs Up
ndnewsham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:54 pm 
Post subject:

a honest and decent seller and buyer when i dealt with him on ebay-- a sad loss
kimmy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:55 pm 
Post subject: John Smith Smithy football programmes.

John was a good friend of mine, his passing is a huge loss to myself and all those that knew him. He had a heart of gold, always ready to care and support his friends. RIP John, you are gone but you will never be forgotten[/b]
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

I agree Kimmy. I have never dealt with John but a man has passed away. Please can we have some common decency and leave this thread alone unless you have something positive to say. The negative posts (even if they were made in jest) have been removed along with any that no longer make sense.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: