Football Programmes Centre

Orient v Coventry 64/65 - what's the story
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Orient v Coventry 64/65 - what's the story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anglian005

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 pm 
Post subject: Orient v Coventry 64/65 - what's the story

In an uninspected bundle I purchased there are two progs for this Division ll match, one dated 20th March 1965 the other for 28th April 1965. The second says that the previous match was 'rained off'.

So what's the story? Both items I'd describe as used, the first the more so. Can anyone tell me - was the March match abandoned or was it postponed? If the game was postponed, does the wear to the March item tell me that programmes were sold as usual from vendors in the side streets before the match was called off, or is the March item an 'extra' that found its way into the hands of a few fans.

Many Thanks
Goonerak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:30 am 
Post subject:

The Sunday Times shows that the game was postponed, along with games at Arsenal, Chelsea and Charlton. The weather made the front page of the paper stating that several sporting events were postponed.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: