Football Programmes Centre

Can Anyone Help at All? Portsmouth v Manchester United 1907
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can Anyone Help at All? Portsmouth v Manchester United 1907

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:46 am 
Post subject: Can Anyone Help at All? Portsmouth v Manchester United 1907

Has any Forum member got this Postcard of Portsmouth v Manchester United from 1907?

If anyone has then i would be willing to pay an extremely good price.

Also looking for any Postcards involving Manchester United Pre-War especially action images, although still interested in Team Cards especially Real Photos-If anyone has anything then i would be willing to pay an extremely high prices for any items i require.

Please send any images to [email protected]

Also looking for any tickets involving MUFC pre-1958 home or away as well as signed photos, menu's, newspapers, trade and cigarette cards and any programmes pre war home and away including reserves.

Discretion assured at all times as many members on the Forum will already know having dealt for some time together.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
facup1939

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 pm 
Post subject: Portsmouth v Manchester United 1907

Leslie

Before you get excited, let me say straight away that I do not have the original photo.

I can however give you a little background information. Stephen Cribb was a photographer from Southsea, and was a Director at Portsmouth between 1919 and 1956.

We have Mr Cribb to thank for many of the early photographs taken at Fratton Park.

If you are interested, may I direct you to www.pompeyvoices.co.uk which is our historical website. This is very early days, and is very much work in progress.

There are however 6 photos from the game in 1907, as well as a copy of the match report from the Portsmouth paper. You may well have seen these before, but just in case you haven't...

Although I have scans of many of Cribb's photos, I don't know the whereabouts of any originals.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 pm 
Post subject: Re: Portsmouth v Manchester United 1907

facup1939 wrote:
Leslie

Before you get excited, let me say straight away that I do not have the original photo.

I can however give you a little background information. Stephen Cribb was a photographer from Southsea, and was a Director at Portsmouth between 1919 and 1956.

We have Mr Cribb to thank for many of the early photographs taken at Fratton Park.

If you are interested, may I direct you to www.pompeyvoices.co.uk which is our historical website. This is very early days, and is very much work in progress.

There are however 6 photos from the game in 1907, as well as a copy of the match report from the Portsmouth paper. You may well have seen these before, but just in case you haven't...

Although I have scans of many of Cribb's photos, I don't know the whereabouts of any originals.

You were spot on-nearly had heart failure when i saw the post!

I have to admit i struggled on the site to find anything from this period so if you would be good enough to let me have an image of anything photograph wise v MU from 1907 with that match report then i would be very gratefull indeed, you can send it to me at [email protected]

I did see some really old programmes and other interesting items and as you say it is a site in progress i will dip back in again in a little while to see how it is coming along.

Many Thanks

Leslie Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:02 am 
Post subject:

Mr Millman - am unlikely to ever be able to help you in your quest for U-NI-TED memorabilia world domination, but hopefully the below link will work to take you directly to those pics on the Pompey site. Great photos!

http://www.pompeyvoices.co.uk/story/77f23fd84c
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:21 am 
Post subject:

yachtsmun wrote:
Mr Millman - am unlikely to ever be able to help you in your quest for U-NI-TED memorabilia world domination, but hopefully the below link will work to take you directly to those pics on the Pompey site. Great photos!

http://www.pompeyvoices.co.uk/story/77f23fd84c

Hello

Many Thanks for the link, very much appreciated indeed, yes some quite amazing images!

Just one thing i would like to say in that i have no quest for "world domination" perhaps you are confusing me to others that are no longer associated with this forum.

I am comfortable with what i have managed to amass considering 16 years ago i lost it all and 10 years before that i lost a great deal of it as well, which means i have had to start from scratch twice.

If i never obtained another item, i have certainly got a few odds and ends to be proud off. https://flic.kr/s/aHsjevJPsS

Patience has always been my virtue as far as collecting is concerned as where there is one....then there will be 2.

Thank You for your assistance with this-much appreciated

Wave

yachtsmun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:35 am 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

Just one thing i would like to say in that i have no quest for "world domination" perhaps you are confusing me to others that are no longer associated with this forum.

I am comfortable with what i have managed to amass considering 16 years ago i lost it all and 10 years before that i lost a great deal of it as well, which means i have had to start from scratch twice.

No offence meant Smile - just an acknowledgement of the amazing breadth and depth of your collection (I've had a good browse on your flickr, trust me). All the more amazing given you've had to start from scratch twice.

I myself have no qualms in proclaiming my intent regarding world domination of the Cowes F.C. memorabilia scene, although I think I achieved that when I surpassed the bloke in Pelham Rd who forgot he had a couple of programmes stuck down the back of his breadbin.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:56 am 
Post subject:

yachtsmun wrote:
manchesterunitedman1 wrote:

No offence meant Smile - just an acknowledgement of the amazing breadth and depth of your collection (I've had a good browse on your flickr, trust me). All the more amazing given you've had to start from scratch twice.

I myself have no qualms in proclaiming my intent regarding world domination of the Cowes F.C. memorabilia scene, although I think I achieved that when I surpassed the bloke in Pelham Rd who forgot he had a couple of programmes stuck down the back of his breadbin.

None Taken Toby

It's all a bit of fun and games, still there will always be some who take it a bit further.

Thanks for the kind words

Wave

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:04 am 
Post subject: Re: Portsmouth v Manchester United 1907

facup1939 wrote:
Leslie

Very interesting background comments, the original post showed one of the images that is on the Portsmouth site, as a Postcard-do you know if there were many other Postcards around that time covering other action from other games that Portsmouth played?. We all know that Brighton & Hove Albion had a good photographers and so many Postcards still show up to this day of the crowds yet not many photos of the games themselves. Totally fascinating for me and i appreciate not just Postcards or action images of just my club but any clubs form those early days-i have only ever managed to come across a few original postcards re MUFC where action is concerned, one at Bristol City in 1906 and one at Middlesborough in 1911 and a couple from 1908 re the Charity Shield with the latter 2 not that difficult to locate, one at Reading in the Cup and another at home to Woolwich Arsenal.

Here is a link to see them https://flic.kr/s/aHsjv3j18E

Wave

facup1939

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

Leslie

I do have scans of a few action pictures involving Portsmouth games, although the pictures are mainly of Portsmouth team line ups, and the crowd.

Did you manage to download copies of the pictures from the website? If not, pm me and I will email scans to you.

I also have one picture, taken by Stephen Cribb, which appears to be from the replay and is marked 'Pompey, who beat the United on their mud heap 2-1'.

Again, if you would like a scan of this, then let me know.

Paul
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:44 am 
Post subject:

facup1939 wrote:
Leslie

I do have scans of a few action pictures involving Portsmouth games, although the pictures are mainly of Portsmouth team line ups, and the crowd.

Did you manage to download copies of the pictures from the website? If not, pm me and I will email scans to you.

I also have one picture, taken by Stephen Cribb, which appears to be from the replay and is marked 'Pompey, who beat the United on their mud heap 2-1'.

Again, if you would like a scan of this, then let me know.

Paul

Hi Paul

Yes i managed to print them off but the quality is not great but acceptable to re-scan, i wonder if it is worth just sending one of them by email to me so perhaps the quality may be a tad better-if you do not mind its [email protected] and if that turns out ok then if posible could you forward the others perhaps.

As far as the return fixture i would very much like to see an image of the replay including the mud heap pitch for sure!

Thank You

Leslie

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: