Football Programmes Centre

1960s/70s Trading cards advice
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1960s/70s Trading cards advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:10 am 
Post subject: 1960s/70s Trading cards advice

I know next to nothing about trading cards and the t'interweb is not helping me much. I understand that A&BC produced cards up to 1975 and then Topps did cards from 1975 to 1982. As far as I can work out Topps cards covered the 1st and 2nd division, but I dont know what divisions were covered by A&BC. I also cannot find a list of what players had a card, or even if such a list exists.

Anyway, I am after cards of the former Forest and Notts County player 'Sammy' Chapman AKA Bob Chapman, Robert Chapman as a xmas gift. I have 3 of these but would like to know if any others were made featuring him. The ones I have are from 1970, 1971 and card number 84 from A&BC which I think may be 1972.

Any help would be appreciated.
ChipPanDan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:28 am 
Post subject: Trading cards

Hi mate,

Try this site:

http://cards.littleoak.com.au/index.html

The guy who runs it has always responded to my emails promptly and I'm sure he'd be happy to help.
Think there are checklists of every set of A&BC and TOPPS as well as numerous others.

Hope this helps,
Dan
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:41 am 
Post subject:

Wow, what a brilliant site. Thanks Chip Bow
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: