Football Programmes Centre

MAN UTD COLLECTION FOR SALE - MY ENTIRE COLLECTION
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MAN UTD COLLECTION FOR SALE - MY ENTIRE COLLECTION
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:27 pm 
Post subject: MAN UTD COLLECTION FOR SALE - MY ENTIRE COLLECTION

As some here are aware, I've been out of the collecting game for some time. Work and family issues dictate that I should unfortunately really get rid of my collection now, as I have no intentions of adding to it.

So if anyone is interested, has any questions regarding the contents or would maybe like to view the collection, please get in touch.

3000+ main collection, home and away 47/48- 14/15, all different. All housed in red and black official binders. Many rare friendlies, finals and aways etc

2000+ other items ranging from tickets, books, shirts, and much more.

Paul.
kstand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:36 pm 
Post subject:

Any United badges mate?
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:34 pm 
Post subject:

I'm interested in any Utd v Pompey tickets you might have? Please PM with details etc......cheers Phil
PABLO76

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:39 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the replies. Amazed by the amount of PMs about this, many obviously genuine and specific wants of which most I'm sure I can help. Bear with me and I'll be in touch.

Paul.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:43 am 
Post subject:

Needless to say, any press photos please?

Cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Karb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:35 am 
Post subject:

I'll be interested in anything v Sunderland please
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:22 am 
Post subject: Manchester United collection

Good morning what programmes you have v Southampton please home and away
slightfold

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:45 pm 
Post subject:

Pablo76, is it not be worth trying a shot at selling it all in one go first for £xK and then if there are no rich Man U collectors (as if), then breaking it up and selling it piecemeal?
wdy11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:30 pm 
Post subject:

Anything vs Tottenham?
mancitymark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:18 am 
Post subject:

Long shot but do you have City v Utd 01/12/73 - Cash waiting Smile
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:45 am 
Post subject:

What "PABLO76" is facing is what we have to do...........sometime in the future.......and that is getting the most return from a collection.

Trying to sell collection complete is Ideal but very few offers......and I expect none anywhere near what he hopes to achieve.

Only a dealer could buy the collection, but that must be at rock bottom prices.

5000+ programmes & other items.....What,s it worth, I would hate to guess.....

Would the value be reduced if the difficult to obtain bits are sold off, here or ebay.........sure would.

What a Dilemma !!!!!!!

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
slightfold

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:57 am 
Post subject:

I agree pompeypete that it is a dilemma, Of course if you do not stop collecting nor have no need to sell up, then there is none! If you have someone where your 'pile' goes at the end, all well and good. I am realistic that against falling prices, and less collectors, few of us would get anywhere near what we paid. That said it is a hobby not a pension pot and as long as it still gives us pleasure and you spend what you can afford, why not.
A collection might be huge but once and if it is cherry-picked it becomes almost impossible to sell the run-of-the-mill, which is why I would as a long shot, at least try to shift it complete. It's like selling houses, you only want one buyer! It would only be a day's pay for some of our Premiership stars.
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:05 pm 
Post subject: man utd collection

I sold my collection about 15 years ago. I got really good money for the Spurs aways in the 40's and 50's and some European aways fetched staggering amounts. The homes of that period less so. I managed to sell at okay prices all the 60's programmes home and away in bulk. Then you have the problem of thousands of 70's to present day! I did get rid of the lot, apart from the rarer issues, but at very low in bulk prices. I do think that the total I got was much larger than selling the entire collection, it was, however, also time consuming and a good deal of work. I did get the collecting bug again but confined it to Tottenham games in Europe and the tickets, far less to collect and easier to sell on. Happily many of the rare aways I actually paid far less for than I had recieved ten years earlier. Maybe this says something about the hobby. If you have the time then selling off the rarer items individually im my opinion will net a larger amount. The rest you almost give away!
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:14 pm 
Post subject:

15 or so years ago, when I fell "out of love" with the hobby, I wrote to a dealer saying, essentially, "how much for everything?"

Dealer was all for taking the pre-1965 stuff off my hands but wouldn't touch the post-65 stuff.

I understood why that was the case but I wanted a "clean break" so politely declined. Boxed the programmes up and didn't even look at them (let alone add to them) for some 5 or 6 years.

Funnily enough, what got me back into the hobby was a love of the British b-movies of the late 50s/early 60s......they led me to return to the programmes to compare advertising of the time with the location shooting used in the films. Realising how the two interests complemented one another got me back into the hobby and made me very glad I never sold up.

PS - to the original poster here, if you have any pre-1975 Man Utd v Derby Central League issues, do drop me a PM. I have a number of them but missing loads too.
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:16 am 
Post subject:

Any tickets or teamsheets post 95 vs boro, would be interested in replacing some of my post 95 man utd vs boro programmes too if you have them in mint condition.

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
citydeano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:29 pm 
Post subject:

mancitymark wrote:
Long shot but do you have City v Utd 01/12/73 - Cash waiting Smile

Hi, mate I've got one of these that come available... Pm me
dangerman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:08 pm 
Post subject:

do you the following homes from 74/75 please

Portsmouth, token 6, token 9, token 12, token 18, Middlesbrough, token 23, token 27, token 30, token 34, token 36
PABLO76

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

Bump.

Almost 4 years now since I stopped actively collecting. I’ve swapped a few here, added a few there, but I’m just not into it any longer.

It has to go, decision made. Somebody willing to take a punt and buy a whole collection I wonder? Haha Smile

5,000 or so items in total, most of the binders are full except pre 57/58.

holtie96

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:14 pm 
Post subject: Collection

That’s a shame to hear but I suppose it comes to us all at some point. If you are on twitter I will happily publicise it, I have nearly 3k followers who may show an interest. Thumbs Up
PABLO76

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:01 pm 
Post subject: Re: Collection

holtie96 wrote:
That’s a shame to hear but I suppose it comes to us all at some point. If you are on twitter I will happily publicise it, I have nearly 3k followers who may show an interest. Thumbs Up

Hi holtie

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I’m not on Twitter

Paul.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: