Football Programmes Centre

How big is your collection?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How big is your collection?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:29 am 
Post subject: How big is your collection?

I know size isnt everything.... But with the forums birthday having just passed I was curious to find out how much my collection had grown in the last year, since around the time I opened this site was around the same time that I started collecting again after a long absence from the hobby.

I found a post on the old forum which was from 5th October 08. At the time I had 888 Home Cardiff programmes and I estimated at 400 away programmes. On reflection now my aways estimate must have been way out and it was more likely around 200!!!

13 and a half months on and I have now over doubled the size of my collection! Im up to 1320 unique home programmes now and 1084 aways!! Added to that im taking delivery tomorrow of another 70 away programmes and have committed to buy a further 65 home programmes in January too!!

Ive not finished sorting out my collection properly yet into folders but it has dawned on me over the last week or so that ive actually run out of room to put folders and ive so far only put away about two thirds of my collection!
Confused
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:08 am 
Post subject:

I've currently got 1334 unique Forest homes and having just started on them 297 aways!

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ChipPanDan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:22 am 
Post subject: Size isn't everything....

I have the following for Man City (all unique):

1,246 homes
1,239 aways
16 at neutral grounds
30 postponed / abandoned games
217 friendlies

Dan
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:51 am 
Post subject: My Pompey collection

I have obtained the following POMPEY programmes.

every home from 1946 to date.
every away from 1946 to 2006 (stopped collecting because of size & storage)
every FAC, FLC,Anglo/italian, charity shield, UEFA & minor cups

So with an additional 31 for Test & Hand books plus 47 single sheet programmes for the reserves (late 50's, early 60's), 34 postponed games.(8 missing)

So with only a few friendlies ( I don't collect these) the total passes 3000.

I am now trying to obtain match reports from newpapers, programmes ORIGNAL or SCANNED to place with the collection.
Seasons 1946/47 to 1959/60
1961/62 to 1964/65
a few 1967/68 to 1971/72

Complete from 1979/80 to date.

Any help via the forum would be appriciated.
regards
pete

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:09 pm 
Post subject: Your prog collection.

Not as big has some members on site i know, My collection consists of games my all time footballing hero the late Derek Dougan (Wolves)etc played in. I have every domestic Football League, League Cup & F.A.Cup game he played in with his six Football League Clubs 1957 to 1975,some 685 games + about 80 progs from his time as Player/ Manager at Kettering Town 75 to 77 (Though i have found it hard to come up with games he actualy played in ) also have 33 ( of 43 games he played in for N/I).. from Northern Ireland games and several Friendlys & Testimonials ......I do envy POMPEYPETE if he has this one Portsmouth v Charlton (S.F.C.C.) 14/10/57,The"Doogs" first game in the Pompey 1st xi,guy promised me this but for some reason dispite several E mails never got back to me,you dont have a spair one do you Pete?. so all told about 780 pr0gs.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 pm 
Post subject: Re: Your prog collection.

Molineux Phil wrote:
Not as big has some members on site i know, My collection consists of games my all time footballing hero the late Derek Dougan (Wolves)etc played in. I have every domestic Football League, League Cup & F.A.Cup game he played in with his six Football League Clubs 1957 to 1975,some 685 games + about 80 progs from his time as Player/ Manager at Kettering Town 75 to 77 (Though i have found it hard to come up with games he actualy played in ) also have 33 ( of 43 games he played in for N/I).. from Northern Ireland games and several Friendlys & Testimonials ......I do envy POMPEYPETE if he has this one Portsmouth v Charlton (S.F.C.C.) 14/10/57,The"Doogs" first game in the Pompey 1st xi,guy promised me this but for some reason dispite several E mails never got back to me,you dont have a spair one do you Pete?. so all told about 780 pr0gs.

no but I keep looking..................

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
stodin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:45 pm 
Post subject:

Having done a quick rough count I have approx 3,000 programmes, mainly Forest back to 1956, but have plenty of Notts County and England.

I really should make some time to give them a propoer sort out as I have not done it in years.
Dellboye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:05 pm 
Post subject:

I have around 1500 chelsea homes and about 550 chelsea aways.
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:19 pm 
Post subject:

I have nearly 1400 Burnley home programmes.
lincolnredman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:01 pm 
Post subject: programme collection

i have well over 2000 liverpool programmes.my earliest programme is a 1905 joint issue with everton.i have all the 60's+70's home+away apart from 2 aways listed on my wants list and a few of the harder to find european aways.i'm going well on my way to complete most of the 50's home/away,so if anyone has any early liverpool programmes i might need please get in touch.
badhand

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:13 pm 
Post subject:

I have about 4000 Bristol Rovers homes and aways (League, Cup, friendlies, reserves etc). I need about 40 to go back to WW2.
I used to collect one / club / season for about 20 years, and I have about 3000 in this collection. I gave up collecting other clubs about 12 years ago. I confess that nowadays I don't always buy a programme if I go to non-Rovers games Shake
andy1966

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:03 pm 
Post subject:

I have 1883 Everton Home programmes, 149 of those are Wartime and pre-war. I have surprised myself by the fact I have 2125 Everton away programmes, 24 of which are Pre-War.

Seems we play many more friendlies away from home than at home.

still need 20 homes to complete Post War, 102 aways to complete Post War
Senior82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm 
Post subject:

I have over 3,000 now, the majority being Sheffield Wednesday & Sheffield Eagles Rugby League
ForestMick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:06 pm 
Post subject:

I have absolutely no idea!!! One day I will figure it out though.
mancitymark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
I have absolutely no idea!!! One day I will figure it out though.

What Mick said Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:16 pm 
Post subject:

Every Burnley 1st team programme home & away since the War except 8 and 4 of those are European away friendlies in the 40s & 50s. Also approx 1000 Burnley reserve progs, 100 youth games, 25 pirates, 50 other games involving Burnley in comps like the Lancashire Senior Cup & 'A' team Lancashire League games.

Also about 300 Workington programmes, 100 Newport County, and God knows how many from neutral games I've attended over the last 40 odd years!

And that doesnt include about 2000 other issues which are my current 'for sale' stock! Suppose I shouldn't really complain when the missus buys a new pair of shoes!
kenred

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:05 pm 
Post subject: PROGRAMME COLLECTION

I have probably over 1,000+ Manchester United programmes from the 40s to the present day .All the FA Cup finals ,although the 1909 is a reprint.
All the Semi-Finals except the 1909.and 1934.The European Finals
including no fewer than 12 "pirate " Editions from the 2008 Moscow victory.All the FA Charity shield/Community shield ,although again 2 are reprints.Better than not at all I suppose.
Still need a couple of FA youth Cup finals ,as in the 50s the Finals were played on a 2 leg match basis,as of course they still are.Reserves ,a few aways from the 50s/60s/70s
I probably never will have a complete collection .Who can? However the collecting of programmes is a fascinating hobby evoking many memories with most issues.
I collect programmes involving United players in Internationals ,Schools,,testimonials,etc ,and of course it is never ending
I have also many non-United programmes from the 50s,and 60s which I intend to dispose of when I get around to it.
A great hobby which I would recommend to all .if you have ample storage space

Sad
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:15 pm 
Post subject:

I am about 80 short of a post war set of Halifax Town Home/away programmes, the majority missing are 1940's plus a few early 50's, i have around 80 Halifax home/aways from 1940/41-1945/46 and close to 160 Halifax pre-war programmes some of these are baseball and other sports played at the ground 2/3 are football, the earliest dates from the second season 1912, also collect Youth/Reserves programmes tickets, teamsheets, letters, books, menus etc all Halifax in total probably have around 9000 Halifax items, half of which are programmes, i also collect pre-war World Cup 1930/34/38 items, programmes, magazines, tickets, posters, books, medals, badges, etc
fac2527

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:59 pm 
Post subject: Cardiff

I Have 1747 Cardiff Homes, 712 Aways from 1946-2009, i also have around 150 Reserve & youth homes & aways. I also have a small collection of cardiff Pre war homes and aways.

I need just 58 Cardiff homes and i will be complete from 1946/47- to date.

I also have every Wales home programmes from 1950-2009 and loads of aways.

All together i have around 4000 programmes.

Ayatollah
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:06 am 
Post subject:

Funny enough I'm about halfway into adding all my excess programmes into a spreadsheet. Currently up to about 2700 !
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: