Football Programmes Centre

Ewbanks
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ewbanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatfb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:50 pm 
Post subject: Ewbanks

Some items I would've bid on until I saw their greedy charges.

Buyer's Premium: 22.50%
Internet surcharge: 5.00%
VAT on hammer: 20.00%
dangerman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:09 am 
Post subject:

and don't forget to add the saleroom delivery charges as well to the final price
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:52 am 
Post subject: Re: Ewbanks

gatfb wrote:
Some items I would've bid on until I saw their greedy charges.

Buyer's Premium: 22.50%
Internet surcharge: 5.00%
VAT on hammer: 20.00%

So if you win an item for £100, you end up paying £145? !! Shocked
gatfb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

Before I posted on here I emailed them about their charges and it would appear given the following response I was wrong and they are relatively cheap Very Happy

I was interested in bidding on some items at your auction but I note you're excessively greedy with your charges of Buyer's Premium: 22.50% & Internet surcharge: 5.00% so I will stick to bidding with more reasonable auction houses.

Dear Sir,

The total charges inc Vat for bidding on the saleroom are 33%

The total charges for bidding on our own platform Ewbank’s Live inc VAT are 27%

These charges are in line with all our competitors in the South East of England and being within 25 miles of London significantly lower than Central London Auction Houses. We are pleased to announce a 6% decrease in commission through bidding on our own platform Ewbank’s Live.

The easiest thing for you to do is adjust your bidding accordingly to factor in commission charges as I am sure you do when bidding with any auction house.
CNSOBU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

I thought football programmes were no-Vatable at auction.
overlap

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:38 pm 
Post subject:

VAT applies to the auction commission fee.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Who gives a monkeys if they are within 25 miles of London if you are buying via the internet? Their location is their problem.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:41 am 
Post subject:

Graham Budd's auction house is slap-bang in the middle of London and more prestigious than Ewbanks and they charged me 21% inclusive of VAT in October. They charge 3% plus VAT via Saleroom.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:21 am 
Post subject:

from what i have seen they are offering football wise coming up in general is much ado about nothing to be honest.

If however a particular auction house has charges that are in relation to others considered OTT then you have 2 choices, one is do not bother and the other is you want the item badly enough another several % is not going to make that much difference surely. Oh there is a 3rd option do not bid via the internet[i have never done this as you are not in any form of control] take a phone line if u cannot attend and then it is up to you to bid or walk away at any time.

Let's face it bidding in the room, bidding on line, bidding on the phone-i do not think you are in control at all! not that at least 2 members on here will ever agree or accept that for sure!

Night All -er mornin all!

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: