Football Programmes Centre

RIP Alan Hodgkinson
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RIP Alan Hodgkinson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:16 pm 
Post subject: RIP Alan Hodgkinson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-35048535

Before my time, but of course I remember reading match reports and programmes where he has featured.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:53 pm 
Post subject:

I once read that he used to collect a programme from EVERY match he featured in. Couldn't see many of todays "stars" doing the same!

RIP
DySporting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:17 pm 
Post subject:

There is a Rochdale player who I have to send action photos to from each game he appears in.

Also on the Sheff Utd theme - RIP baldy - Martyn their club photographer has passed away, really nice bloke who I enjoyed a chat with when we played Utd
robbo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:40 am 
Post subject:

Hodgy were a top bloke, Me mum met him at work years ago, when she told him i were a Blade, he gave mum half a crown to gi` me. Wish i`d kept it instead of spending it , but i were ten year old, The Blades came first but the `spice' shop was close at hand an` all.

He wasn`t a big keeper, but so agile and very astute with an uncanny ability to read a forward.

And yeh, he did collect programmes from his time at worksop through united and England.

He was a top keeper coach too but first and foremost a lovely man.

sad news, and another loss of a hero from me youth

sad too about the news of Martyn , a top Blade and top photgrapher.
aye aye rhubarb pie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 pm 
Post subject: alan hodgkinson

he was a smashing bloke, when a kid used to be a autograph collector and was at bramhall lane in early sixties, alan was on cover of charles buchan yearly album.

when he came out of ground i approched him to sign said picture, he asked me my name and when i said alan he smiled and said great name.

he then signed the piture best wishes alan, smashing down to earth guy and was very sorry to here of his passing.

r i p alan
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

1967 I think.

RIP Alan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:45 pm 
Post subject:

DySporting wrote:
There is a Rochdale player who I have to send action photos to from each game he appears in.

Also on the Sheff Utd theme - RIP baldy - Martyn their club photographer has passed away, really nice bloke who I enjoyed a chat with when we played Utd

Thanks for the kind words about Martyn, DySporting.

You as well Robbo, can't do anything else but echo your comments.

He always had a word for my little un's, at the away games.

Terrible news for everyone connected with the club, Hodgy and Martyn within the space of 24 hours. Here's just a few comments proving how much he was thought off. Could have picked any from hundreds.

Lisa Davies, (Wife of Ben Davies, Portsmouth FC)
Rip Martyn Harrison the eyes of sufc and a true blade. My husband has been a professional footballer for 18 years and Martyn is the only club photographer to ever share his wonderful pictures of my husband playing the beautiful game with us. After every single game he would send us an email to share his fabulous work with us and we shall cherish his photographs for the rest of our days. Thank you so much Martyn for sharing your work with us. Fly high mate

Josh Williams (Former Youth team Player, Sheffield United)
Gutted that Martyn Harrison has passed away, one of the nicest most genuine people I've met not only in football but in life itself. It didn't matter to him if you were James Beattie or a player from the youth team you got the same treatment he had time for everyone. RIP Baldy

Carl Bradshaw (former Sheffield United)
Sadly in the last two days we lost two special people down at Bramall Lane ,Alan Hodgkinson and Martyn Harrison they will both be sadly missed down at Bramall Lane .My condolences go out to both families. RIP Alan and Martyn what amazing people .

Steve Simonsen (Stoke, Sheffield United and Rangers)
Good bye to an absolutely brilliant photographer & more importantly a great man, You always made me feel so welcome at the Lane pal.

RIP Baldy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:05 am 
Post subject:

The usual superb obit in Saturday's Indy.........

http://www.independent.co.uk/n.....70306.html
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: