Football Programmes Centre

Selling my collection,help/advice needed please!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Selling my collection,help/advice needed please!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cantona99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:24 am 
Post subject: Selling my collection,help/advice needed please!!

Hi everyone,

I have finally got round to listing my programmes for sale, i have 967 manchester united home and aways from 1959-1999,and approx 550 liverpool home and aways 1957-1988.

Just some advice on the best way of selling this collection,ie ebay/emailing dealers etc, obviously which way is going to make me the most money (bloody wedding to pay!).

Ive sold some singularly on ebay but seems very time consuming,i just want to get rid (reluctantly) in one big hit.

Any advice comments much appreciated. Thumbs Up
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:22 am 
Post subject: Re: Selling my collection,help/advice needed please!!

cantona99 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have finally got round to listing my programmes for sale, i have 967 manchester united home and aways from 1959-1999,and approx 550 liverpool home and aways 1957-1988.

Just some advice on the best way of selling this collection,ie ebay/emailing dealers etc, obviously which way is going to make me the most money (bloody wedding to pay!).

Ive sold some singularly on ebay but seems very time consuming,i just want to get rid (reluctantly) in one big hit.

My advice, Keep the programmes, Stop the wedding.
But if the wedding must go ahead, a dealer using this forum may offer you a price but for higher return e bay is the only answer. Just check for any rarities.
regards
pete

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:30 am 
Post subject:

You have programmes from 2 very collectable clubs . What percentage of the programmes are from the 50s and early 60s? Unfortunately most people buying bulk would only be interested in the pre 1965 as even though they are collectable clubs dealers would have large stocks of the more modern issues. What condition are they in? I could be interested in the lot, please pm me more specific details.

Cheers

Last edited by Posh1959 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
foxes1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:31 am 
Post subject:

You could try contacting various auction houses quite a few have sports/football auctions some of the more common ones are Sportingold (Think they have an auction coming up in Dec), Mullocks, Vennett-Smith, Methuselah, Knights also Bonhams. But looking at what you have available doubt if you will get a lot for them as most are post 1960, but there might be the odd gem amongst them.
lincolnredman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:35 am 
Post subject: football programmes

hi i would be interested in some of the liverpool programmes if you could send me a list of the ones you have Very Happy
PABLO76

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:24 am 
Post subject: Re: Selling my collection,help/advice needed please!!

cantona99 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi mate, some of the answers have already touched on the fact that anything 90s 80s or 70s is worth next to nothing, unless you have the odd gem in there. I would be interested in buying the lot for the right price, I would take out anything i need for my own Man Utd collection and sell the rest to make some money back, so I wouldnt be looking to make a big profit like some might, hopefully leaving you with a decent wedge towards your wedding, congrats by the way.

What i propose is, you send me a rough list of what you have, or any detils at all would help. What price you value the whole lot at, including the Liverpool ones as i might have them too, and any offers you've had already and I'll try to beat it.

Email the list if you want: [email protected]

Cheers for now, Paul.
cantona99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:35 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for the replies lads much appreciated.

Ive been putting this wedding off since 1993 so ive had a good run Smile

Paul will email you laterjust going out to grow some balls. Thumbs Up
lincolnredman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:10 pm 
Post subject: football collection

hi mate i forgot to include my email address so you could send me the list of liverpool programmes you want to sell.send to
[email protected]
thanks alot dave
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

Hi mate,

If you have any Everton v Liverpool in there I would be interested in those.

Thanks
Mark
reds4ever

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:12 pm 
Post subject:

got any copies of the programmes listed here http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2146
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

reds4ever wrote:
got any copies of the programmes listed here http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2146

I'm sorry mate, really I am, I've held off from responding to any of your posts purely and simply because the mods/admin have said stuff to you, but would you please, please, please use some manners in your posts.

Simple words like 'Please' and 'thank-you', and less meaningless threads when the answer could easily be found on e-Bay or Google and you will find will get you quite a long way, especially when it comes to people offering you programmes, advice, and even more so (as it seems this is your agenda) selling anything you have.

Like you I'm new to this forum, and it's an absolutely fantastic forum, but you're seriously running the risk of alienating yourself and getting yourself banned from the forum, so please, use some consideration for others by using some manners and thinking about the threads you start.

Rant over (sorry mods/admin)

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
kcs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 pm 
Post subject:

I echo what westyorksnffc posted

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm 
Post subject:

westyorksnffc wrote:
reds4ever wrote:

I'm sorry mate, really I am, I've held off from responding to any of your posts purely and simply because the mods/admin have said stuff to you, but would you please, please, please use some manners in your posts.

Simple words like 'Please' and 'thank-you', and less meaningless threads when the answer could easily be found on e-Bay or Google and you will find will get you quite a long way, especially when it comes to people offering you programmes, advice, and even more so (as it seems this is your agenda) selling anything you have.

Like you I'm new to this forum, and it's an absolutely fantastic forum, but you're seriously running the risk of alienating yourself and getting yourself banned from the forum, so please, use some consideration for others by using some manners and thinking about the threads you start.

Rant over (sorry mods/admin)

Bow

Really well said. Ive found it difficult to find the words to say to reds4ever but what youve said is spot on.

Reds4ever you have not even had the manners to respond to my PM or the public message i sent to you either which personally i think is disgraceful but im thick skinned and not bothered by that particually but its just gone on too long now.

People have said the forum is cliquey which i totally disagree with and think this is backed up by the fact that westyorksnffc has just said what he has said yet hes only been a member a short while and his post count only stands at 22. People are just getting annoyed by the manner of your posts. Ive recieved PMs from 4 different people and there has been public messages from about 6 or 7 people too. I know some people cant see anything wrong with what your doing but at the end of the day its causing a lot of friction on here which isnt a good thing and the members of this forum have put too much into it to just see the whole place divided by one person.

I know some people wont agree with me but i hope they can see that my comments only echo what the majority are thinking and im only looking after the best interests of the posters.
bpaafc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:01 pm 
Post subject:

I'll back you up on that!!!!

But swearing is not the norm on any website, but you can put a swear filter on if you so wished Craig, you are right by all accounts to complain about anyone who forgets his manners, Can't even apologise because hes a scouser.

Oh bye the way reds4ever can I be invited to your divorce party as well Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing THANK YOU.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: