Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Ltd.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Ltd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:47 pm 
Post subject: Football Sports Auctions Ltd.

Hi everyone. I hope you are doing fine. Laughing
I have had a pretty traumatic few months, won't go into to much detail but basically need to help a family member in a really bad situation.
To cut a boring story short, I decided to sell a big part of my collection . It was a bombshell out of the blue, but that's life.
BUT , what I would like to know is, Football Sports Auctions. Is there any thing I should be worried about ? I sold a lot of stuff via them 14 Sept and have since heard nothing. The thing is I've sent off a few emails and tried to phone Andy but have had no luck in contacting him.
Now he is having an auction in December and is on the lookout for items for a March auction, so he is still active. He may be just having a holiday ? But not been able to get in touch has set alarm bells ringing.
I don't want to feel like I'm hounding him , I just want to know what the current situation is with regards to the items sold.
Any help would be welcome.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:05 pm 
Post subject:

Andy is on a Carribean cruise at the moment, will be back soon, no need to worry, he is genuine. He is usually on of the fastest to pay out to clients, many take 3 months. I am sure he will be in touch when he gets back from his holiday, possibly another week.
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

Brilliant. I knew i was daft for worrying . Many thanks posh.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry to hear of your problems Wullie, I hope everything works out and you get back on here regularly so we can moan about the Royal Mail Laughing

It does seem that FSA need to work on their communications as its not the first complaint along these lines posted on here.
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:56 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for your kind thoughts Tynie.
When I originally rang Andy he was very pleasant and helpful. But as I say, after the auction I heard nothing. Yes, maybe it's something they could work on , I always try to communicate in someway if I sell an expensive item on eBay . It just puts peoples minds at rest a little after forking out a large sum. Still , as long as everything is sorted in the end, that's what really matters.
Rocky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:47 am 
Post subject:

Good to see you resurface Wullie.

Hope everything's on the up now mate (except Sunderland) Thumbs Up
DannyRoberts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:07 am 
Post subject:

Welcome back Wullie.

Looks as though your commission paid for a Caribbean cruise !!

Wink
whitenoize

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:49 pm 
Post subject:

Should have thought you would have your cash by now. 14 Sept was over 2 months ago. Quite typical of FSA - always tardy to reply. Pleased to see he can afford a nice holiday though
galmpton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:21 pm 
Post subject: football sports auctions ltd

Are all auctions house required to pay moneys received into a clients account to safeguard funds in case a company goes under,I belive cameo auction did not and a lot of people lost money and items.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:57 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, welcome back Wullie, you have been missed.

As rgds FSA, last auction I won 2 items and paid - only one was received so presumably they lost one of them or put it into the wrong envelope. Needless to say, if the latter, the recipient wasn't forthcoming.

However, Andy sent a cheque to refund immediately so fair play, despite obviously making a loss. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
DENBIGH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:35 pm 
Post subject: FSA

There have been a number of other threads about problems wuth this auction house so buyers and sellers should make their own conclusions:

http://www.footballprogrammece.....ns+limited

http://www.footballprogrammece.....ns+limited
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

Well he seems a genuine bloke to me. Maybe running the businesses on his own could be a handful sometimes, unlike Royal Mail for instance. A well oiled , customer oriented world class service.... Get My Coat
martino

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:56 pm 
Post subject:

I have used F.S.A. on many occasions for selling and Andy has never let me down.
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

Hi all,

All back now and ready for the next auction a week on Monday. Unfortunately whilst away I have had very little internet and signal so contact was near impossible Sad

Wullie ive sent you an email Smile

Paper catalogues are about to be posted over the next couple of days so if you haven't received one by next Tuesday pop me a pm please.

I have to point out gents that 99% of the time our payments to vendors are within 3-4 weeks (in some cases earlier) which compared to most auction houses is a very fast turn around.
The only reason there is delay in payments is when a buyer delays there payment to us for whatever reason.
I do find it frustrating that this is highlighted on this forum as some of the buyers that delay payments are active here. Maybe I should start highlighting them here myself, you would be surprised.......

Andy Wave

www.footballsportsauctions.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:21 pm 
Post subject:

I share Andy's fustration. I never understand why people bid for something if they cant/won't pay. Got one going on at the moment on eBay. It drives you mad.
DySporting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:17 pm 
Post subject:

I might be wrong but since ebay took the sellers ability to leave negative feedback away you get a few more non-payers. I’ve had a couple recently, one who bid and didn’t pay, another who paid then said the programme hadn’t arrived. Luckily it was sent recorded and I was able to trace it and prove that they refused to sign for it!
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:02 pm 
Post subject: Re: football sports auctions ltd

galmpton wrote:
Are all auctions house required to pay moneys received into a clients account to safeguard funds in case a company goes under,I belive cameo auction did not and a lot of people lost money and items.

Very interesting . Does anyone know if this is true . What safeguards if any are in place ?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: