Football Programmes Centre

Celtic v Manchester United Charity Friendly 1956
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Celtic v Manchester United Charity Friendly 1956

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:28 pm 
Post subject: Celtic v Manchester United Charity Friendly 1956

I have this programme in my collection and I read with interest that the cause for the charity match was The Leonard Cheshire Homes appeal.

I understand that homes were set up for 'the sick and needy' and at the time of the programmes publication there were 7 homes already but all in England.

What I'd like to know is whether because of Celtic's participation in this charity fundraising were any Leonard Cheshire homes ever established in Scotland at a later date?

Also did any other Scottish clubs participate with matches for this charity or were Celtic the only ones?

Eck

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:47 pm 
Post subject:

In 1955 there were only 5 or 6 probably all located in England & Wales, they then expanded overseas and by 1960 there were 50.

https://www.leonardcheshire.org/about-us/history#.VmrvmvnhDIV
hydemaine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:33 pm 
Post subject: celtic v united

Thank you for the information.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Everything and Anything Scottish. In Honour of John Holroyd. RIP. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: