Football Programmes Centre

Fair Play to FCUM
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fair Play to FCUM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:16 pm 
Post subject: Fair Play to FCUM

"Match-going supporters should not have to be inconvenienced for the benefit of those who rarely, if at all, attend matches.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fc-united-reject-bbc-request-6667241
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:42 pm 
Post subject: Re: Fair Play to FCUM

littlewiggy wrote:
"Match-going supporters should not have to be inconvenienced for the benefit of those who rarely, if at all, attend matches.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fc-united-reject-bbc-request-6667241

Well done FCUM.
In an age where TV and money rule our game this is so refreshing.
I was fortunate enough to follow Spurs everywhere throughout the
seventies and eighties. We kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday and normally had a cup tie or European game on a Wednesday night. You could work to a pattern and I was able to visit nearly eighty grounds as an away fan. It also allowed me to play on Sunday mornings and also coach youth teams.
If I was trying to do that in this age, TV dictated kick offs would not have given me that opportunity, even if I still lived in London.

FCUM 1 TV 0...The best result of the season so far!!
grantham

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:07 pm 
Post subject:

Hardly making a stand when in 2010 they moved their FA Cup with Rochdale so they could accept the TV £££££

Just another part of their PR against modern football, yet they seem to think the money that has paid for the ground hasn't come from 'modern football' but the magical football fairies that were born the same day they formed the club.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:32 pm 
Post subject:

They're not my favourite club either Grantham, on account of my seeing them as a "Toys out of the Pram" club formed by the most spoiled fans in the country.
One who'll most likely earn themselves a coveted league place at the expense of a hard working club who've striven around the non league circuit for years.

However on this occasion I applaud them, whatever their motives.
I'm wholly fed up with TV companies running and dictating the game mate.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:51 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
Hardly making a stand when in 2010 they moved their FA Cup with Rochdale so they could accept the TV £££££

Reading their statement, they are not against moving a game for TV, they are against the intrusive nature of this particular request, and are quite right.

As for the club itself, I have no problem if a section of support walk away and set up their own club that suits their own interests and they work hard at it.
docsredarmymufc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:23 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
They're not my favourite club either Grantham, on account of my seeing them as a "Toys out of the Pram" club formed by the most spoiled fans in the country.
One who'll most likely earn themselves a coveted league place at the expense of a hard working club who've striven around the non league circuit for years.

I wasn't spoiled spending my first 26 years only seeing us win 2 FA Cups,1 Second division and a daily express 5-a-side tournament.
I saw relegation,Paddy Roche,Tommy Jackson,so called football under DAVE Sexton that knocked 20,000 off the gate.our hated rivals liverpool clean up year in year out,gates fall to a hardcore 28,000 odd in the dark days of 1988/89.
Mark Higgins,Colin Gibson crosses that landed in my lap in row 28 and now listen to people calling me a cockney glory hunter-by fans of lower division clubs who can be part of a 10,000 away following in a cup game at Old Trafford but haven't been to a home game in their life.
MUFC have nothing to do with fcum-they are EX REDS who walked away from their team...funny how it was in 2005 when United were on the wane.
And don't hide behind the glazers-Edwards and his family screwed us for years like nearly every other owner-nobody walked away then,just a few boos when Edwards name was mentioned.
And when the Champions league finals/FA Cup finals,Real Madrid/Barca come to town,when we need a point for the title or Fergies last game who is mithering me for tickets-the"Not a penny more"brigade fc utd fans...who's owner up to last season at least held....Man Utd season tickets.

..There's only one U-NI-TED...MANCHESTER United
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

I'm so used to football clubs representing a specific geographical area that I still can't quite get my head around what FCUM actually are.

Interesting set-up at their ground.

When Stockport visited them, the (numerous) away fans seemed to be given two ends of the ground, when Brackley Town visited, the away fans (not too many, admittedly, maybe a dozen?) were given one end of the ground but when Curzon Ashton visited (not too far away, so quite a few) their fans were squeezed into a small area to the right of the dugouts.

One more question - do their fans still follow Man Utd or have they vowed to stay away till the Glazers are gone?
Karb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:01 pm 
Post subject:

docsredarmymufc wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:

I wasn't spoiled spending my first 26 years only seeing us win 2 FA Cups,1 Second division and a daily express 5-a-side tournament.
I saw relegation,Paddy Roche,Tommy Jackson,so called football under DAVE Sexton that knocked 20,000 off the gate.our hated rivals liverpool clean up year in year out,gates fall to a hardcore 28,000 odd in the dark days of 1988/89.
Mark Higgins,Colin Gibson crosses that landed in my lap in row 28 and now listen to people calling me a cockney glory hunter-by fans of lower division clubs who can be part of a 10,000 away following in a cup game at Old Trafford but haven't been to a home game in their life.
MUFC have nothing to do with fcum-they are EX REDS who walked away from their team...funny how it was in 2005 when United were on the wane.
And don't hide behind the glazers-Edwards and his family screwed us for years like nearly every other owner-nobody walked away then,just a few boos when Edwards name was mentioned.
And when the Champions league finals/FA Cup finals,Real Madrid/Barca come to town,when we need a point for the title or Fergies last game who is mithering me for tickets-the"Not a penny more"brigade fc utd fans...who's owner up to last season at least held....Man Utd season tickets.

..There's only one U-NI-TED...MANCHESTER United

Presumably, yes they did walk away
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: