Football Programmes Centre

Latest E-Bay Scam
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Latest E-Bay Scam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:57 am 
Post subject: Latest E-Bay Scam

Apparently E-Bay changed their Policies on 17th September , and since then anything that you have had listed that does not sell "WILL" be relisted automatically if you ticked the cheq box to do this. However YOU WILL BE CHARGED, as its not FREE anymore to re-list anything .......... so if you did not notice this in their small print have a close look at your account details at your latest invoice / or more likely recent activity ....... they have re-listed all mine but charged me for every single one Shocked
sellsell39

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:16 pm 
Post subject:

Hi roughedge,

this started back on 17th August, (but if you have 30 days listings it would take effect from 17th September).

It took me a little while to work it out, but now I just don't bother with any AUTO RELISTING.

Here is the ebay info :-

***Updated: Auto relist change***

16 July, 2015 | 09:57AM BST

Dear Sellers,

We’re continuously working on ways to ensure success for sellers. We launched auto-relist in 2013 and this feature has found widespread usage amongst sellers.

The feature is best used in certain cases, for example when listing unique items such as collectibles that may take longer to sell. In other cases, if your listing is unsuccessful, we recommend that you add additional photos, change the description or adjust the listing format and price to help a successful relist.

In order to ensure that every listing has the best chance of being successful, we will change the way auto relist works for private sellers only from 17 August 2015. For listings that go live on or after this day using auto-relist:

1) You’ll be charged an insertion fee when an item is automatically relisted if you’ve already had 20 listings in the month. If that’s not the case, you will not pay any insertion fees when your item is automatically relisted. However, this will be deducted from your monthly allowance.

2) If you chose any value-adding features when you made the original listing, you will be charged feature fees when the item automatically relists. For example, if you chose the subtitle option when making the original listing and paid £1.00, you will be charged the same amount when the relist takes place.

3) The auto-relist feature will no longer be selected by default – you can choose to use this feature every time you make a listing.

Listing goes live before 17 August 2015 that had auto-relist selected -
No change – i.e. no insertion fee or feature fee charged

Listing goes live after 17 August 2015 that has auto-relist selected -
· If fewer than 20 listings have been made in the current month, you will be charged only for optional paid features that you selected when creating the original listing

· If more than 20 listings have been made in the current month, you will be charged an insertion fee and for optional paid features that you selected

Listing goes live after 17 August and auto-relist not selected -
· No change

Best regards,

Your eBay team
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:31 pm 
Post subject:

Not really a scam because as sellsell has posted this was notfied in great detail.

It does reinforce the message however that when dealing with Ebay you need to read all announcements and notifications otherwise changes like this can give you a nasty shock.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:40 pm 
Post subject: Re: Latest E-Bay Scam

roughyedz wrote:
Apparently E-Bay changed their Policies on 17th September , and since then anything that you have had listed that does not sell "WILL" be relisted automatically if you ticked the cheq box to do this. However YOU WILL BE CHARGED, as its not FREE anymore to re-list anything .......... so if you did not notice this in their small print have a close look at your account details at your latest invoice / or more likely recent activity ....... they have re-listed all mine but charged me for every single one Shocked

Is it just me, as I don't see this as a scam tbh. Ebay is much maligned (deservedly so in many cases) but they did tell everyone and in fairness, the new policy seems right to me. Hopefully it might stop the continual re-listing of items that will never sell.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:43 pm 
Post subject:

Might stop the 'Rubbish' that never sells, which keeps on being listed...

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:04 pm 
Post subject:

I agree with PompeyPete.

I don't often have anything good to say about the modern-day highway robbers eBay, but I am completely fed up of seeing the same unsold guff on there week after week after ruddy week.

I like to trawl the ticket and badge sections, not only for potential purchases, but also because I enjoy looking at items of nice memorabilia and admiring them.

I've seen the same unsold items crop up weekly for about two years now, and the sellers still haven't got the message.
No bugger wants them!!
Stop frickin' listing them!!!!!
They're not going to sell.

Anything that weeds out this sort of thing gets the thumbs up from me.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
I agree with PompeyPete.

I don't often have anything good to say about the modern-day highway robbers eBay, but I am completely fed up of seeing the same unsold guff on there week after week after ruddy week.

I like to trawl the ticket and badge sections, not only for potential purchases, but also because I enjoy looking at items of nice memorabilia and admiring them.

I've seen the same unsold items crop up weekly for about two years now, and the sellers still haven't got the message.
No bugger wants them!!

Easy Easy Easy Easy Easy

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
clsyorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:28 pm 
Post subject:

Will you tell BFE or shall I? Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:05 pm 
Post subject:

Its fine and dandy as its their own company, but transparency comes to mind ........ when i phoned them up they said it takes affect from 17th SEPTEMBER ( unless they are lieing to me , , , lol . . ) I can see that all you lot spend the occasional HOUR reading all the rubish that E-Bay send you .... Easy Read It

I just read the first line or two ... I dont have all day to read one E-mail off E-Bay ........you live and learn ...... they have refunded the charges ........ and told me to delete all my listings Shocked before they end if I dont want to pay the charges for re-listing and then selling NOTHING AT ALL, It would seem they are only interested in ther BIG MONEY tickets.
Out of interest what do business sellers pay monthly and then to list their items, and re-list ??? as there are thousands and thousands of items listed by various "Shops" at 20p and under ,,,,,,,, the maths to me says the only people making any money is Royal Mail and E-Bay ??? as selling at that price would cost you money yourself surely ?????? Shocked
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

pompeypete wrote:
Might stop the 'Rubbish' that never sells, which keeps on being listed...

Ha ha ha yes you are correct Houses Cars and Holiday Appartments to mention just a few im not interested in ........
You forget that there are lots of people have to start somewhere if we are talking about fgootball programmes ( Not that that is what E=Bay is all about, football programmes is just a tiny fraction of their business) and they do advertise "Get rid of your clutter on E=Bay"
goonerboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:

No bugger wants them!!

Fully agree mate. Or list them at a more reasonable price. Its fine to put it up at a premium price a couple of times but after that they should drop it to a more reasonable price. Too many people are hoping a newbie comes along and pays any old price.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:17 pm 
Post subject:

goonerboy wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:

No bugger wants them!!

Fully agree mate. Or list them at a more reasonable price. Its fine to put it up at a premium price a couple of times but after that they should drop it to a more reasonable price. Too many people are hoping a newbie comes along and pays any old price.

Are you trying to say you want the E-Bay Football Programme selling to become an elitist Sales room of some sort ??? Perhaps you should send these thoughts to the dozens of dealers listing such items on an annual , na monthly or weeekly basis ....LOL Everone has to start somewhere Shake
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:47 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
I agree with PompeyPete.

No bugger wants them!!

Agree with every word you write.

The world's most common football programme is 53/4 Bristol Rovers v Derby - dozens for sale on EBay 24/7. Time after time. On and on it goes ad infinitum. Maybe this will cull the deluge?
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:59 pm 
Post subject:

clsyorkshire wrote:
Will you tell BFE or shall I? Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy

LOL!!!

They are major culprits, especially in the 'Ticket' section, where if you accidentally get caught up in their latest batch of perennially unsold Gillingham tickets, you can forget the next 38 pages of "new" listings, and kiss goodbye to the next forty-five minutes of your rapidly disappearing life.

They're not alone though.
There are other menaces.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:41 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:
I agree with PompeyPete.

No bugger wants them!!

The world's most common football programme is 53/4 Bristol Rovers v Derby - dozens for sale on EBay 24/7. Time after time. On and on it goes ad infinitum. Maybe this will cull the deluge?

I can remember buying a copy of that in Programme Monthly or maybe Boot about 15 years ago - it probably cost me £1 or so but more appeared every month after and then more & more people had them on sale each month. And so today I read they are all over EBay. Guess they were reprinted in the 90's for some reason and flooded the market. No idea why that programme, it seemed strange then and still does to read that today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:38 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
derby1884 wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:
I agree with PompeyPete.

No bugger wants them!!

I can remember buying a copy of that in Programme Monthly or maybe Boot about 15 years ago - it probably cost me £1 or so but more appeared every month after and then more & more people had them on sale each month. And so today I read they are all over EBay. Guess they were reprinted in the 90's for some reason and flooded the market. No idea why that programme, it seemed strange then and still does to read that today.

I've got a copy of that issue here Pete, pass me thirty notes of folded and we'll say no more about it.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:35 am 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:

This was our 1st ever season in the 2nd Division.
I imagine we were expecting a big crowd.
Rovers must have printed 200,000 of the bloody things as they never stop being sold,

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
tackler7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:07 am 
Post subject:

I have an idea about the constantly listed 'tat'.

For every week it is listed and fails to sell, the buy it now price or the minimum bid price should be discounted by 10% - until it becomes zero - then it should be removed and not allowed to be relisted for at least three months.

There is one item I constantly see - it will never sell at the price listed but if the seller reduced it to something reasonable it would. However for over a year now, it has just remained unsold and relisted each period.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:21 am 
Post subject:

roughyedz wrote:
goonerboy wrote:
littlewiggy wrote:

No bugger wants them!!

Are you trying to say you want the E-Bay Football Programme selling to become an elitist Sales room of some sort ??? Perhaps you should send these thoughts to the dozens of dealers listing such items on an annual , na monthly or weeekly basis ....LOL Everone has to start somewhere Shake

Actually I don't mind the vast listings of programmes or memorabilia but what is annoying is the ones that are not "rare" but listed at a premium price and don't sell for month after month. That is the stuff that clogs up eBay.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:23 am 
Post subject:

tackler7 wrote:
I have an idea about the constantly listed 'tat'.

For every week it is listed and fails to sell, the buy it now price or the minimum bid price should be discounted by 10% - until it becomes zero - then it should be removed and not allowed to be relisted for at least three months.

There is one item I constantly see - it will never sell at the price listed but if the seller reduced it to something reasonable it would. However for over a year now, it has just remained unsold and relisted each period.

Great idea Easy
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: