Football Programmes Centre

Northern Ireland England 1934
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Northern Ireland England 1934

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaudog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:10 am 
Post subject: Northern Ireland England 1934

A friend of mine recently showed me a gold medal that he had purchased at an auction house for £1000. It was presented to Stanley Matthews on the occasion of him playing for England in the above match. He would like a programme. I have looked o the net with no luck. Any help would be appreciated and what is he likely to pay?
goodison

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:42 am 
Post subject:

Stanley Matthews didn't play for England against Ireland until 1938, there was an Irish League v English League XI game in Belfast on 19/09/1934 so that could well be the programme you're looking for.
garyspain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:55 am 
Post subject:

only seeing this now. The International programme would likely cost more than the medal. The Inter-League would still be several hundred pounds. Both would be very rare.
beaudog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:01 am 
Post subject: Northern Ireland England 1934

Thanks for the info Garyspain. If anyone has a copy of the programme, which I know is very much a rarity, and they wish to sell it , my contact would know it is not going to be cheap and so would consider a purchase.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: