Football Programmes Centre

Mullocks Auction.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mullocks Auction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:53 pm 
Post subject: Mullocks Auction.

Many football programmes featuring a good range of clubs including non-league plus those individual items; cup finals,semi-finals, and other big match issues that are so popular.
We have a Manchester United selection with football programmes seasons 1983/84 through to 2011/2012,homes and aways,plus reserves,youth,european, tickets(100s) and including the 1998/1999 treble season.
As a contrast we have a 1946/1947 Liverpool Division 1 champions gold medal plus team photos, some programmes and additional memorabilia.
We also have other rare programmes,tickets,medals,international caps,autographs and much more---just take a look at www.mullocksauctions.co.uk and www.the-saleroom.com
Come and visit us at the scenic Racecourse ground,Ludlow on the auction day 30 September 2015 or come the day before for the viewing only--you are most welcome.
Why not have a visit to Ludlow town centre and sample the good food and ales and make it a short break for your enjoyment.

This is an auction for the collector,the non-collecting collector,the ebayer,the bargain hunter,the Serious collector,the speculator and the on- looker.
We look forward to seeing you but if you cannot make it you may bid on-line or place a commission bid(in strict confidence,of course).
Always remember--the top bid wins a gain.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:12 am 
Post subject: Re: Mullocks Auction.

Topbidwinsagain wrote:
Many football programmes featuring a good range of clubs including non-league plus those individual items; cup finals,semi-finals, and other big match issues that are so popular.
We have a Manchester United selection with football programmes seasons 1983/84 through to 2011/2012,homes and aways,plus reserves,youth,european, tickets(100s) and including the 1998/1999 treble season.
As a contrast we have a 1946/1947 Liverpool Division 1 champions gold medal plus team photos, some programmes and additional memorabilia.
We also have other rare programmes,tickets,medals,international caps,autographs and much more---just take a look at www.mullocksauctions.co.uk and www.the-saleroom.com
Come and visit us at the scenic Racecourse ground,Ludlow on the auction day 30 September 2015 or come the day before for the viewing only--you are most welcome.
Why not have a visit to Ludlow town centre and sample the good food and ales and make it a short break for your enjoyment.

This is an auction for the collector,the non-collecting collector,the ebayer,the bargain hunter,the Serious collector,the speculator and the on- looker.
We look forward to seeing you but if you cannot make it you may bid on-line or place a commission bid(in strict confidence,of course).
Always remember--the top bid wins a gain.

And the Shocked "bedroom bandit" ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:27 am 
Post subject:

Fish and chips available for refreshments? Wink
capetown3673

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:59 am 
Post subject:

online catalogue presentation is the best of all the football auctions I have seen
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:32 am 
Post subject:

I forgot to mention the bedroom bandit and the fish and chip merchant so if you do decide to stay in Ludlow be aware.

Thanks capetown3673 for your kind words, we have also received a couple of emails with similar viewpoints and we seem to be improving our presentation for you guys out there.

Obviously, we dont claim to be perfect but we are trying our best and we do acknowledge we are in a very competitive market and we must reflect the demands of the public.

If anyone has a desire to sell interesting memorabilia then please contact us, we maybe of help for you and enquiries will be treated in strict confidence.
Topbidwinsagain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:56 am 
Post subject: Mullocks Auction

The Mullocks Auction is fast approaching and is being held on 30 September 2015 at the scenic Ludlow racecourse ground just outside Ludlow town centre.
Apart from the wide range of footballing items---programmes, international caps,medals,photos,plus memorabilia etc. we also have a very wide selection of rugby league accompanied by a vast collection of rugby union----loads of international programmes going back over the years----have a look and enjoy the variety---but the pleasure of choice is always yours.
If you cannot be there then why not bid on line at www.the-saleroom .com or contact the office on 01694 771771--telephone lines are available but are limited and must be booked in advance. Or ask a friend to bid for you in the auction room, you may register your own details if you need your own private number.
We look forward to seeing you, and if you bid--good luck.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:24 am 
Post subject:

Yes, we know..............
creativeboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:33 pm 
Post subject:

just checked out the catalogue

Some of the estimates on the Manchester United items seem way out of the range of mere mortals

Are they correct or printing errors?
matt blue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:04 pm 
Post subject:

Did anyone go today.

How did everyone do ??

Take a look at my work in progress !!
DannyRoberts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:05 pm 
Post subject:

matt blue wrote:
Did anyone go today.

How did everyone do ??

Very disappointing.

I was bidding online for lot no.5 and up against a room bidder.

The bidding went up to £190 so I clicked on £200 which the saleroom.com seemed to accept but, within a fraction of a second, the leading bid reverted to £190 and the hammer was put down (remarkably quickly) before I could bid again.

I was prepared to go quite a bit higher but, due to the 'faults' in the bidding process, I got pi$$ed off and did not bother to participate any more.

Confused
matt blue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:10 pm 
Post subject:

I noticed that on many footbal bids. Watched the whole auction online.

Take a look at my work in progress !!
DySporting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 pm 
Post subject:

I had an issue with the internet bidding on a previous auction (not Mullocks) - According to the internet I won 7 lots (these were even stored in the past bids won section) - excellent I thought. Phoned up to pay auctioneer has me down as winning 5 lots.

Their explanation was that either The Saleroom malfunctioned or the auctioneer was to quick in putting the hammer down and my bids which were higher disappeared. Nothing I could do about it. Very annoyed though.
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

DySporting wrote:
I had an issue with the internet bidding on a previous auction (not Mullocks) - According to the internet I won 7 lots (these were even stored in the past bids won section) - excellent I thought. Phoned up to pay auctioneer has me down as winning 5 lots.

Their explanation was that either The Saleroom malfunctioned or the auctioneer was to quick in putting the hammer down and my bids which were higher disappeared. Nothing I could do about it. Very annoyed though.

I have had the same issue before with a different auction and I guess it is the risk you take if it malfunctions. I now put in my highest bid on the automated bidding system and also keep an eye on the auction if I'm around. I've not had an issue since using this approach and it removes the risk of the bid button going astray. It's not like a book bid either so the auction can't start at a naturally higher price.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: