Football Programmes Centre

Port Vale 1953-54
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Port Vale 1953-54

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corneli_blue

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:01 am 
Post subject: Port Vale 1953-54

In the new (September 2015) Sportingold auction I found the following programme:

PORT VALE - BLACKPOOL 1954
Programme, Port Vale v Cup holders Blackpool, 20/2/54, Cup, Port Vale created a sensation by defeating Blackpool 2-0 and were only defeated by eventual winners West Brom at the Semi-Final stage. Programme has the photographic insert.

It states that the Programme has the photographic insert.

Can anyone enlighten me? Was this a one-off for the cup tie or did they produce photographic inserts throughout the season?

I know it's a long shot, but wondered if anyone can supply a scan/photo?
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:32 am 
Post subject:

The photographic insert was likely to be the only one that season because the club notes say "To celebrate the occasion we introduce a souvenir programme which we hope with its hard paper photographs of the two teams will be worth preserving".

The programme is a 16 page issue with the extra 4 pages showing the teams and blank on the reverse.

There were no other home cup ties after this victory which would warrant another insert.

corneli_blue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:52 pm 
Post subject:

bisphamseasider wrote:
The photographic insert was likely to be the only one that season because the club notes say "To celebrate the occasion we introduce a souvenir programme which we hope with its hard paper photographs of the two teams will be worth preserving".

The programme is a 16 page issue with the extra 4 pages showing the teams and blank on the reverse.

There were no other home cup ties after this victory which would warrant another insert.

Superb, thank you for your help. The forum comes up trumps yet again.

Alan
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: