Football Programmes Centre

Storage in Ring Binders
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Storage in Ring Binders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:35 pm 
Post subject: Storage in Ring Binders

Until i stopped collecting properly in about 1999 i kept all my programmes in 4 ring binders. Since i started collecting again about a year ago ive not really put anything into binders and its all just hanging around the room in various boxes at the moment - about 1600 of them!!

Time has come to now put them away into binders nice and tidily... 4 ring binders are very expensive though and considering i need about 40 odd of them i need to save some money where i can!!

Whats peoples opinions on 2 ring binders... Ive tried a few seasons in a few of them i had handing around but they dont seem to offer as much support and the polypockets just flap around at the top and the bottom...

Any advice anyone?

Thanks!
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:55 pm 
Post subject: Storage

I have my programmes from 46 to 2006 in binders as advertised in programme monthly, they took over from D J bookbinders of St Albans.

Very costly & you need at least 3 per season to cover the league matches.

If you follow a big club with european, long cup runs you will need more.

I follow pompey so its no problem, don't collect friendlies or aways from 2006 because of storage. (oh for the days of the thin, small programmes unlike the magazines of today).

Yes I'm an old git.

Recent programmes are stored in Box files, even then you still need 2 or 3 per season.

Plus a spare room in the house !!!!!!!!!!!

pete

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
grantham

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

Same problem I'm dealing with at the minute, order a sample binder from modernbookbinders.com as discussed on here a while ago, great for the thin programmes (so anything pre-85 for my collection), but after that I've got them in large format lever-arch folders, with polypockets (each with 100g card in) certainly no sagging on them, although I have to use 2 folders per season, the last 3 seasons demand three to which I've stopped doing because of the amount of space they take up. I currently have 68 folders storing some 30+ years, but would like to downsize.

Box folder maybe the answer, but would need to divide them somehow to store one season per box ideally, so have begu looking and plan to get modernbookbinders (if they offer the right discount for the pre-1985) collection
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:19 am 
Post subject:

Modern Bookbinders and Programme Monthlys binders are both excellent - but id need to sell half of my collection to be able to afford to buy some of them! Laughing

I have about 40 2 ring binders hanging around from when i bought a full collection a few weeks ago, i think im going to have to use them for the time being but try and upgrade to 4 ring binders over time as even they are about £2 a pop! Crying or Very sad
PennyBlake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 am 
Post subject:

Im guessing that storage is of personal opinion but I scan my programme covers into the PC and then store the actual programme in a storage box. Each box holds about 600 programmes, depending on the size and you can get two neat columns per box (3 for the smaller programmes). The actual boxes cost about £2-3 each from an office stationary shop, they are basically office storage boxes. The only problem comes when you need to move them (Paper is very heavy).

Any programmes that are larger than normal are stored in a folder (Such as cup finals etc).

More modern programmes (Say 5 years old or less) are stored in a shoe box on my desk.

Because I scan the programmes into the PC and also keep the newer ones closer to hand with easier access it tends to work for me. Even if I need to access them I know where they are and can get to them easily.

Chairboys since 1993
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:12 am 
Post subject:

Ring binders from Wilkinsons for about 50p are a good shout for temp storage!

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: