Football Programmes Centre

SWANSEA CITY FRIENDLIES
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SWANSEA CITY FRIENDLIES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zpmswn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:45 pm 
Post subject: SWANSEA CITY FRIENDLIES

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF ANY LINKS TO WEBSITES/LISTS, THAT LIST ALL HISTORIC FRIENLDLY FIXTURES? IN PARTICULAR FOR SWANSEA TOWN/CITY?

THANKS.
matt blue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:15 pm 
Post subject:

Its a very hard one, has a club historian not issued a list for Swansea ?

There is a Cardiff one, but there are a lot of fixtures missing from it and also quite a few mistakes

Take a look at my work in progress !!
Eck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:53 am 
Post subject:

zpmswn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:24 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for your help both.

I've had a look at most researched books but there doesn't seem to be anything out there that lists all friendlies. The usual down here though, unless it's a player A-Z we're pretty poor at anyone issuing anything else. A shame really. But i'm trying Smile

Thanks Eck.
Have seen this one, a good cash funded read that tells a bit that most know down here, but not very much. Fans and past players deserve more of a club museum or archive, an online window would be all it takes with maybe a small room or cabinet at the club stadium. It was only 2 years ago we started to put player of the year up on the supporters bar walls, though some pics were the wrong date and they only went back about 4 seasons. Pretty poor show really. All clubs should have them. Plenty of money flying around this league.
Blackjack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:01 pm 
Post subject:

I had the same problem with the Swansea friendlies so i asked my mate Gwyn, the programme seller in the club shop at the Liberty and he wrote out a list of the ones he knew of, and the programmes he has, from the second world war onwards. It helped me a lot, though he did miss a few. I can write a list for you if it helps and send it but it would take me a few days

Steve
zpmswn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:17 am 
Post subject:

Thanks Steve (Blackjack)

Any info/list would be brill if you could. I'm in the long process of trying to get lists and document a few things, programme related, so I can put up for fans for free! Not much in this capacity for Swansea, and there's some great ones for other Welsh clubs.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: