Football Programmes Centre

Stoke v West Brom - last game at the Vic - misprint edition
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stoke v West Brom - last game at the Vic - misprint edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:24 pm 
Post subject: Stoke v West Brom - last game at the Vic - misprint edition

I know that there were 2 print runs for this as when the first print run arrived, there were some pretty glaring mistakes e.g. a picture of Roker Park on the history of the ground page. My understanding from the guy who ran the programme shop outside the ground was that this programme, barring a couple of "intercepted" boxes, were sent back and pulped and a corrected version sent which was sold on the day of the match.

Does anyone have an idea of how much this may be worth as I've just acquired one of each edition?

Thanks for any help.
slightfold

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:42 pm 
Post subject:

I am interested in what you have to say regarding this. I have a complete collection of ground moves since 1946 including all temporary moves. I would say that printers' errors and typos inside programmes don't generally change the value much if at all, but possibly could depending on what it is. Things affecting the cover which is what most of us are about, could IMO be a bit different. perhaps others have a different view!
For this game, I expect you know, there's also a 'gold' version signed on the cover by Sir Stan, apparently 1000 copies. I also have an unsigned version which is doubtless rare,r but no more valuable unless someone, another completist, is prepared to pay a premium.
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:52 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the input. I will get a definitive list of the mistakes and list them up. Apparently there are quite some changes due to errors at the printers and Stoke were, basically furious and demanded a reprint. I guess it's a bit like the England v Portugal at Eindhoven but with that, it resulted in no programme being sold on the day whereas Stoke reacted quickly enough.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:08 pm 
Post subject:

Sounds very interesting. I wonder how many survived if they never made it to the game. Quite a cock up by the sounds of it. Unusual because I would have thought they'd have their normal editorial team on this issue . Could be quite collectable.
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

As I say, I know the guy who used to run the programme shop just down from the ground and he believes that the only ones that "survived" the pulping were the box that he'd bought. It's interesting because I'm a nerd so would be desperate for this if it was Villa - hence the fact that I have 3 from the Cup Final being the standard issue, the Club Wembley Issue and the Booby Moore Club issue.

Or is that just me!!!!????
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:42 pm 
Post subject:

It's not about being a nerd, it's about being a collector. If you're in the game then you want all variations of the programme available, and variations are what make the hobby interesting.
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:54 pm 
Post subject:

You're too kind Wullie!
1whufcok

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:18 pm 
Post subject: Mate do you have a list of all the games at the new grounds

slightfold wrote:
I am interested in what you have to say regarding this. I have a complete collection of ground moves since 1946 including all temporary moves. I would say that printers' errors and typos inside programmes don't generally change the value much if at all, but possibly could depending on what it is. Things affecting the cover which is what most of us are about, could IMO be a bit different. perhaps others have a different view!
For this game, I expect you know, there's also a 'gold' version signed on the cover by Sir Stan, apparently 1000 copies. I also have an unsigned version which is doubtless rare,r but no more valuable unless someone, another completist, is prepared to pay a premium.
PaulRStoke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:36 pm 
Post subject: Stoke v West Brom - last game at the Vic - misprint edition

I've got four versions, The red cover version with the correct photos and the Roker Park photos, which were both bought from the club shop the day before the match.

The gold copy, signed by Sir Stan, with, I think, the correct photos,

Finally, an unsigned gold copy, with Roker Park photos.

There was also a VIP edition, but as I've not got one, I don't know which set of photos it has!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: