Football Programmes Centre

Football Hooligans From Grimsby / Cleethorpes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Hooligans From Grimsby / Cleethorpes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:44 pm 
Post subject: Football Hooligans From Grimsby / Cleethorpes

littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:53 pm 
Post subject:

Modern life makes me utterly sick.

I was walking the dog along a narrow, wooded footpath last week when a cyclist came from behind and accidentally hit me.
He thought I was side-stepping one way, I went another.
I ended up on the deck with what I'd have called a "scraped knee" when I was a nipper.
No blood, just a bit of soreness and a momentary loss of my dignity.
Indeed I even suspected the dog was sniggering at us.

There were no threats of lawsuits, no calling our lawyers.
We both said sorry to each other, agreed it was an accident, and as he sped away I limped off and had a cold beer or three to cheer myself up.

Some people really need to get a grip of themselves.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:08 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not so sure. Why should anyone have their personal space invaded by a 51 year old bloke. FFS 51. If a middle aged bloke started to bop you on the head on a bus on in a pub you'd probably turn round and whack him. But because it's a football match it is acceptable ? Why ?
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:16 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
I'm not so sure. Why should anyone have their personal space invaded by a 51 year old bloke. FFS 51. If a middle aged bloke started to bop you on the head on a bus on in a pub you'd probably turn round and whack him. But because it's a football match it is acceptable ? Why ?

If personal space is such a problem, I'd suggest a football crowd isn't the best place for you.

Ridiculous counter argument Wullie.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 pm 
Post subject:

Had it been a real fish, would he have been battered?!
Get My Coat Get My Coat Get My Coat
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:46 pm 
Post subject:

Hmmm.......if he's precious about his personal space perhaps stewarding at a football game isn't a great career move!

He got "hit" by an inflatable shark, just let that sink in and ask why on earth did this end up in court Confused
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
Wullie wrote:

If personal space is such a problem, I'd suggest a football crowd isn't the best place for you.

Ridiculous counter argument Wullie.

I disagree. Being in a crowd is one thing. Being attacked is another. Do you get attacked in Tesco or the Cinerama ? There are crowds in these places. Basically a question of manners. Why do 50 year old blokes try and act like teenagers and impress their mates. Is there anything more cringeworthy . Maybe they think the gorgeous 20 year old girl sitting two rows back will find them hilariously funny. I've done a bit of stewarding . I wouldn't find hit funny at all being it with anything. Well done the steward . He is their for your safety, not your childish pleasure. NO stewards No football.

Last edited by Wullie on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:

I disagree. Being in a crowd is one thing. Being attacked is another. Do you get attacked in Tesco or the Cinerama ? There are crowds in these places. Basically a question of manners. Why do 50 year old blokes try and act like teenagers and impress their mates. Is there anything more cringeworthy . Maybe they think the gorgeous 20 year old girl sitting two rows back will find them hilariously funny.

I'd say his motives or maturity are immaterial, the question remains why on earth this got to court.

Hit over the head three times by an inflatable shark, and receive financial compensation. The world has gone mad! a complete and utter waste of public money and court time.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

Again I disagree. The guy is a childish buffoon who wanted to embarrass the steward who's job is the safety of the spectators. Well done the courts.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:57 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Again I disagree. The guy is a childish buffoon who wanted to embarrass the steward who's job is the safety of the spectators. Well done the courts.

You actually think this is a good use of public money?

Worst case, he should have been chucked out of the ground, otherwise the steward laughs it off and gets on with it.

The Judge should have taken one look at the case, told both of them to grow up, and threw it out.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:03 pm 
Post subject:

he hit the guy on the head and said 'You can f***ing have it as well!'
I wonder if he then turned round and hit your wife on the head and said ""'You can f***ing have it as well!'"" you would have laughed it off ?
Personally I wouldn't have found it funny, I'd bloody deck the t@@@
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:07 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
he hit the guy on the head and said 'You can f***ing have it as well!'
I wonder if he then turned round and hit your wife on the head and said ""'You can f***ing have it as well!'"" you would have laughed it off ?
Personally I wouldn't have found it funny, I'd bloody deck the t@@@

That actually made me laugh Laughing

Also "The fully inflated toy was carried into the court inside a transparent police exhibit bag" Laughing

Aye, I would have laughed it off, maybe we have different perspectives, reading a bit more on it, the steward didn't even know who "hit" him with the shark, its the copper that has wasted everyones time here.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:08 pm 
Post subject:

The problem here is it was an inflatable shark , so people assume it's a joke. But read the story fully and the guy was quite aggressive and swearing. A hell of a difference from a friendly bit of banter amongst fans and stewards. I blame the press for trivialising the story. A shark or a fist. Assault is assault.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
The problem here is it was an inflatable shark , so people assume it's a joke. But read the story fully and the guy was quite aggressive and swearing. A hell of a difference from a friendly bit of banter amongst fans and stewards. I blame the press for trivialising the story. A shark or a fist. Assault is assault.

Oh c'mon Wullie, FFS.

If the guy wanted to assault him he could easily have punched f**k out of him. I'm guessing he didn't and got excited at an injury time winner and bopped him with an inflatable shark, "'av it" Laughing

Maybe if it's that serious an issue he shouldn't have been let in with it in the first place, but then that would be absurd!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:14 pm 
Post subject: w

Wullie wrote:

"Well done the courts"

Incredible comment!

Just read back what you have written and attempt to justify it Wullie.

The whole ethos of football is that it matters not whether you are 11, 31, or even 51 years of age.

Football is the only thing in our largely mundane lives that reduces us to a childlike state.

If somebody left a million quid in a suitcase on your doorstep one morning, you still wouldn't celebrate it and leap about like you would a vital last-gasp winner against the Toon.

That's what footy gives us.

The fact you're even trying to justify this is bloody ridiculous mate.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

Well I'm sticking to my guns. It reminds me of the nutters who joke they have a bomb in there suitcase at an airport. They get arrested and thrown in jail and everyone says ""can no one take a joke anymore ?""
In this case it was the nature of the attack. The police were there and we weren't , they saw what happened , we did not , so I stand by their judgement. I'm all for a bit of fun and light hearted banter, but this is not.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

anyway , he said he didn't do it on porpoise
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:28 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
anyway , he said he didn't do it on porpoise

He did say he felt a bit deflated Laughing
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

Two friends and I used to run the club shop at Blundell Park, and sold over a thousand of the original Harry Haddocks for the FAC tie in 1988-9. They cost £3 each,and although they were called Harry Haddock they were actually trout! It was the time of inflatable bananas etc and we filled Plough Lane with them, and they even put an appearance on MOTD the same night.

The following week a guy came into the club shop and demanded his money back because his fish had gone down on him. Ron, who was one of the other guys involved with us quick as a flash said "If I'd have known it was going to go down on you I'd have charegd you a tenner!"

Agree, the whole thing is absolutely ludicrous, although I do question the blokes sanity at 59 years of age carrying an inflatable shark to the game, especially as the Grimsby Town Trust are selling Harry Haddock again - although they're £10 each nowadays (and they don't go down on you)
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: