Football Programmes Centre

FIELDLING AUCTION YESTERDSAY
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FIELDLING AUCTION YESTERDSAY
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auctioneer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm 
Post subject: fieldings

an update

it has become apparent that programmes went missing between 8 45 and 10 am

so on Monday it should quite easy to look at the cctv

and the person involved could be outed

from a personal note, since we introduced cctv in our auctions , nothing has gone missing, we also have one and one viewing, athough we do have about 20 staff on the morning of the sale.

lets hope the thief reads this tonight, because for sure they will not sleep easy tonight

if the person is identified I am sure that all auctions will be informed and the person will be banned from attending
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:24 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
That Facebook post offering the programmes for sale seems to have now disappeared. This was also mentioned on the page;

"Fieldings Auctioneers - some prick tried to hide all the rare ones inside some modern programmes - would really love it if they got caught on camera because i hear about this shit going on all the time at auctions and it's always the same names that come up so let's hope justice will be done!!!"

Skullduggery, eh? Who'd have thought that of good honest folk?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

Did the CCTV reveal all?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Did the CCTV reveal all?

anyone note who the facebook poster was or which name whoever it was used Sherlock

Interesting but who would have thought anyone could be that dishonest lol:, but then again being of that persuasion can mean that there is an inherent lack of intelligence, CCTV what a wonderful invention-so when do we get to hear who the toe rag is then? Sherlock Judge Read It
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:49 am 
Post subject:

Who'd have thought it Leslie, a toerag in the hobby? I understand bears shit in the woods too Shocked
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:18 am 
Post subject:

''but then again being of that persuasion can mean that there is an inherent lack of intelligence''

That rules dangerman out then.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:28 am 
Post subject:

I guess we'll never know Sherlock
SADDLERSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:59 am 
Post subject:

There were around a dozen that were put on facebook they were similar to the ones that were purchased at Fieldings..
Not the same but from the same period. The seller pulled them after being inundated with stupidly low offers.
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not one who attends auctions but I have heard many stories of people hiding programmes inside programmes. Surely it's up to the auctioneer to list every single item for sale in the catalogue. How can they possibly mix rare items with modern stuff . It just sounds daft to me. As I say , I don't attend auctions so maybe I am missing something ?
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:32 pm 
Post subject:

i think it's sometimes that a 'box of stuff' comes in, they do a quick scan and it's either broken down by relevance if they have the right knowledge or time.

Sometimes worth attending auctions because you do see a £20 box of 60s stuff with some rare gem. e.g., i bought a box of tat for £35 + fees because it had a copy of the 1929 rugby league challenge cup final as the main attraction, which was clearly stated as a copy and shown on the photo in the catalogue but inside the box was the real thing!! A bit grubby but no writing and all intact.
No idea why it wasn't checked or the seller didn;t know...but i certainly did!!!

Sold the copy for a tenner and kept the original Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: