Football Programmes Centre

What's the oldest piece of memorabilia related to your club?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What's the oldest piece of memorabilia related to your club?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMusic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 am 
Post subject: What's the oldest piece of memorabilia related to your club?

Not just programmes or tickets but anything related to your club or its forerunners - what's the oldest piece of club memorabilia out that we know of?
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:22 pm 
Post subject:

Sadly I do not own this gem but it is pictured/listed in our Club's Centenary Book and it is believed to be the oldest Pompey Home Programme that still survives. Unless of course my fellow Pompey Collectors know differently....

The Book states that although the programme is dated 1900 it should have actually been dated 1901.......for a Wessex League Match versus Bristol City which was won 3 v 0 in front of 2,000 spectators.
PompeyPhil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

Oh and I forgot to mention Fratton Park.........its home but it hasn't changed much in bloody years!! Laughing
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:29 pm 
Post subject:

Crystal Palace FC was founded in 1905, and I have a 1906 cigarette card of a Palace player. Not terribly exciting although I can upload a picture if anyone is genuinely interested.

There was a previous Crystal Palace Football Club founded in 1861, which was one of the original clubs that founded the Football Association and played in the very first running of the FA Cup.

There is no connection between the two clubs other than the name unfortunately.

An item relating to that first club recently came up for auction, a battered old tankard from 1873:-

Allport was one of the Crystal Palace players from that early club who also played for England in the very early Internationals
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm 
Post subject:

One or two items from 1878 the year Newton Heath was formed but these items are not football related but part of the history.

1886 Newton Heath Trophy

1894 is a letter from the then Superintendant of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway's Carriage and Wagon Works at Newton Heath Frederick Attock in his day job and Club President outside of work in 1894.

Easier to send the link and show some of the earlier items than pick them out individually especially as some are related to the club and some are not directly.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjtczwCo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
galmpton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:30 pm 
Post subject: newton heath

Ann Orack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:30 pm 
Post subject:

A receipt from 1876 to the Wednesday Football Club. Quite possibly soon to appear in an auction house near you!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: