Football Programmes Centre

FC Lusitans (AND) v West Ham United
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FC Lusitans (AND) v West Ham United

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happy_hammer66

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:42 pm 
Post subject: FC Lusitans (AND) v West Ham United

Does anybody know if there is to be a programme printed for the Europa League game between FC Lusitans and West Ham United on July 9th?

I assume there will be as it's a Europa League clash but just thought I would ask.
dcfc46

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:04 pm 
Post subject: FC Lusitans (AND) v West Ham United

Send a email to the club
Sir Moses Hill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:38 pm 
Post subject: Re: FC Lusitans (AND) v West Ham United

happy_hammer66 wrote:
Does anybody know if there is to be a programme printed for the Europa League game between FC Lusitans and West Ham United on July 9th?

I assume there will be as it's a Europa League clash but just thought I would ask.

You would think this would be the case due to UEFA regulations, but unfortunately it's not so for many smaller clubs in the early qualifying rounds. Some clubs get around the regulation by issuing an 'officials only' programme, often just an enhanced team sheet, and not on sale to paying punters. It's very frustrating.

That said, I expect West Ham's oppo to issue. Too good a commercial opportunity to miss.
James

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:44 pm 

Sir Moses Hill wrote:
happy_hammer66 wrote:

You would think this would be the case due to UEFA regulations, but unfortunately it's not so for many smaller clubs in the early qualifying rounds. Some clubs get around the regulation by issuing an 'officials only' programme, often just an enhanced team sheet, and not on sale to paying punters. It's very frustrating.

That said, I expect West Ham's oppo to issue. Too good a commercial opportunity to miss.

That would be the thinking for a non league team in this country but in many foreign countries they are not usually programme producers for games, there doesn't appear to be the demand in those countries for programmes as there is in Britain and Ireland, hell even one of the Irish teams did not produce a programme for their European home game last season.
garyspain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

I don't know. However it can be a tricky place to get programmes. Their national team produced 60 for the Republic of Ireland game in 2011. 1 per person to the media and VIPs. The VIP box was full of Irish fans so none discarded.
Sir Moses Hill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

Correct, Glenavon didn't issue, which was very surprising and they've been sufficiently slated for it.

I could be wrong, but I suspect the Andorrans will be astute to the commercial potential of West Ham's travelling supporters - which rarely top 100 in the Champions/Europa League first and second qualifying rounds, but in this case will presumably be much, much larger - and so a programme will be produced.

No specific knowledge, just a hunch...and hope.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

As Gary says, Andorra is not renowned for programme production.

Perhaps an opportunity for West Ham fans to issue something themselves for sale at the ground with money going to a good cause?
matt blue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:56 pm 
Post subject:

Wasnt the easiest last september with wales but managed to get them in the end at the vip entrance

Take a look at my work in progress !!
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:03 am 
Post subject: Fc Lusitans

Many teams abroad fail to publish an official programme. recent Spurs games at Werder Bremen, both Milan clubs, Beskitas, Limasol, lyon plus others did not. The local paper or a monthly brochure or pirates being available instead.
HammerMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:23 am 
Post subject:

No Programme was issued for this match, just a photocopied team sheet, that they were charging 5 Euros for.
De_Duis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:40 am 

happy_hammer66 wrote:

Nothing was printed, what is available on ebay are homemade wanna be programmes.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: