Football Programmes Centre

I have had enough
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I have had enough
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueshearer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:58 am 
Post subject:

This is a real shame as the couple of years Ive been member of this forum I have thoroughly enjoyed the mixture of mocking banter, high minded seriousness, incredible football knowledge, wit, competitiveness for what is after all collecting a lot of bits of paper.

I personally enjoy hearing about the fantastic collections most of you have because if anything it helps justify the ridiculous amount I spend on footy memorabilia and more importantly following my club every match wherever they are playing including the reserves / youth etc. Its all crazy.

Lets try not to be too sensitive as everyone should be allowed an opinion, otherwise free speech means nothing and the world would be a much duller place.

I don't think the sort of internet bullying that people are referring to on here is really going to make headline news.

Good luck if any of you are bidding on the auction tomorrow.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:48 am 
Post subject:

hydemaine wrote:
Anyone read that poem from WW2

First they came for the communists?.........

I guess I don't like the 'mob' mentality rounding on one person.

That is a totally inaccurate and ridiculous comment. Lets not get into revisionist history on him. He has been abusing people on here for years whether its about reused envelopes, being bedroom bandits, collecting crap, being tossers etc etc etc. The reality is that finally the forum stood up to the bully by fighting back instead on continuously just letting him get away with it. Also there is a massive difference between being proud and being egotistical. The latter is evidenced by routinely reminding people that you have the biggest collection and can afford to pay top prices for quality items and goading others on the forum that they are wasting their time and money "on crap".

In a societal structure you have to make an effort to get on and respect others or if you can't then you tend to get excluded from that group. Well done to pastpirate for taking the brave step to exclude him finally. He was constantly spoiling for a fight. It was time for him to go.
matt blue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:49 am 
Post subject:

I tend to stay out of things like this but if abuse is occuring it needs nipping in the bud, if it continues ive no issues with a ban regardless of the person involved.

A forum will always be bigger than one poster and if the people know him/her and want to speak to them there are plenty of other social media networks to chat on.

Now lets move on and enjoy the forum for what it is about and not for personal insults/childishness...lets be honest we are all old enough to know when banter goes to far.

Take a look at my work in progress !!
goonerboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:59 am 
Post subject:

hydemaine wrote:
Past Pirate I ask you this can you give him his last chance ?

If he starts to go to defcom 1 I will personally pm him and tell him he's out of order and to get back to talking about collecting.

I guess I'm saying I will be his guarantor and if I fail then there's no further come backs.

I think we all know his quality's in his knowledge and he would be an asset
to your forum.

But I agree the sly digs and put downs have to stop and that means everyone not just him.

I've not been in contact with him as I know he's travelling the country at the moment so he doesn't know I'm even suggesting this.

Can you reconsider?

As you know the guy then if you have questions about things then why don't you just talk to him offline ? Not sure why he has to be given a third chance. If the guy is not smart enough to come back after one ban and be respectful then why would he do it after two bans.....sadly past behaviour is a great indicator of future behaviour. Everybody knows how to find his flickr pages and there are people on here who can contact him directly so those who would value his input can do so offline. The forum was a far more pleasurable place without him and a few other posters reappeared. Lets get back to that and in any case we still have Leslie so if there are any man utd related questions I am sure he can help equally or even better...but without the attitude.
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:41 am 
Post subject:

Leslie top bloke. Great collection. Will help anybody without the attitude . Totally agree
oldbolt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:27 pm 
Post subject:

When treble was posting about his collecting experiences I think he was probably the most interesting poster on the site.I agree with the banning though as goonerboy says you have to respect other posters when you are on somebody elses forum.
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:58 pm 
Post subject:

You have to have a code of conduct with message forums. Abide by it and you won't get banned or binned.
I help moderate a Brentford fans forum, one of eight mods, once you have created a line that no one goes beyond - a c of c - it's fine. When someone crosses that line, they have a holiday, or leave altogether.

To mention free speech on this thread is not really the point. There's free speech by starting your own forum, see how it goes......

Twitter is free speech, look where that gets people, in court.

Yes, trebles knowledge and advice is good and sound, but why pick on certain posters? Why start something knowing it's going to start something else? That's trolling.

If you don't like certain posters or cannot add to a thread without abusing others, then ignore and don't read it or reply to it.

The same goes for BAZZA. Yes, knowledgable, but Always seemed to be hurtful towards new posters because they wanted a valuation. Simply don't answer them. If they want more info, then they can add something to the forum and then others may offer help and reply. I lost it with BAZZA, sadly, because it was constant abuse to new posters.....

There's no need to "out" others who seem to have done something against what they think. Use PM's for that. There's no need to act like a fool or call people names.

We all support a wide variety of football and rugby clubs. We all share knowledge with each other. We all have great collections. Whether it's from the 1800's to date or the 1980's to date. The collections all mean something to us.

Let's be helpful to one and all. If not, then this forum will come to an end with the most abusive left to just abuse himself.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:13 pm 
Post subject:

Can't believe he got a ban. I've not been visiting this forum much, an outraged fellow Rangers fan told me about the ban and the posse who got him banned. Shake
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:17 pm 
Post subject:

Treble banned for some comments that offended people, fair enough if that is the opinion shared by the majority. However, he did post on a regular basis and often with a good deal of knowledge. There are many members who rarely, if ever, contribute. Please read my post "BUYERS BEWARE". Here we have someone who only ever posts to offer expensive and rare items. He is not a collector by his own admission and yet manages to get them. He joins a sight, in a different country intended for collectors. He will only accept payment on his terms. When offered alternatives that net him more you never hear from him again. I know what would offend me more being called a tosser or being conned out of a couple of hundred quid. How long before an unsuspecting soul sends him money? I know which of the two I would ban and it is not the one who was banned. Opinions welcomed but please do not call me a tosser!!!!
SADDLERSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:48 pm 
Post subject:

Message boards are for banter and not for bullying looks like one rule for some and one rule for others.
Magpie 67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 pm 
Post subject:

ffs get over it he's gone and he's not coming back if you're missing him that much ring up samaritans and ask them to track him down .More drama queens than RADA on here.
SADDLERSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:02 pm 
Post subject:

Im a newbie on here stop trying to bully me Goodnight.
Magpie 67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 pm 
Post subject:

No you're a Baggies fan who has been banned but created himself a new account as a Walsall fan
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

Surely he will be back under a new username

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:21 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah but I think we'll notice Very Happy
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah look out for 'double96' Laughing

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.

Last edited by STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpie 67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:28 pm 
Post subject:

or f..k all 14+15
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:41 pm 
Post subject:

Haha I missed a trick there Laughing

sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:46 pm 
Post subject:

This week is the first time I've never felt like posting in six years on the forum because of the very nature of certain threads.

It certainly hasn't been all sunshine and light that's for sure.

I'm truly saddened the direction the forum has taken recently

Threads that have quickly turned into playground spats, threads that have had tribal tones, threads that belong on Jeremy Kyle.

There will always be a difference of opinion, but there's no need for open hostilities.

And now the banter card has been played by Saddlersfan.

How predictable. Banter, definition, 'joyful and humourous teasing'

No, that definition has long been lost.

To quote Tom Chivers, formerly of the Telegraph:
"It's only banter", they all say. "It's not our fault if you can't take a bit of banter." "Grow up, it's only a bit of banter." "Get a sense of humour, it's just banter." Banter.
Banter is not humour; banter is what people have when they lack a sense of humour. Banter is a catch-all word for idiocy that warns the rest of us that 'the lads are here'. Banter is Soccer AM. It is Andy Gray. It is middle-aged men on Top Gear pretending that they are edgy outsiders by mocking society's weakest, then going home to Chipping Norton where they live two doors down from the Prime Minister. It is cruelty unleavened by wit but which is excused because it is a bit like wit, if you look at it from a certain angle. It what is left when humour has died, If you insult someone, you expect them to be insulted; if you are rude, you expect people to be offended. "Banter" is apparently a free pass: I can insult you, but you're not allowed to be insulted, because "it's only banter". I can be obscene, but you can't be offended, because "it's only banter".

With regards to Ray and Barry.
They are both self confessed 'wind-up merchants'.
Wind-ups have a limited time span in regards to humour, they quickly become tedious, annoying and definitely not funny.
People don't like wind-up merchants, its a fact of life.
We've all played football, we've all come across the wind up merchant.
What happens is they keep pushing, until they get a reaction, and then they act all innocent. It is not a particular popular trait is it?
Ring any bells?

Lets be clear about one thing.
If it had been allowed to continue much longer, there would have been the real risk of losing other prominent forum members, who no doubt care more about the forum than Ray or Bazza clearly ever did.

regards Sharrowblade
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:01 pm 
Post subject:

Well said Sharrow. Smile

Would it now be possible to move on? Neutral Neutral
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: