Football Programmes Centre

I have had enough
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
I have had enough
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:22 pm 
Post subject:

SADDLERSFAN wrote:
bisphamseasider wrote:
Tynie Topics wrote:
bisphamseasider wrote:
While you are at it past pirate you should also consider banning some the small group of bullies who appear to have deliberately ganged up to have treble removed.

Who would that be?

That's a bit of a naive question.

You know very well.

Right that's bazza and treble gone, whose next?

Any one else who has a brain by the sound of it.

Or anyone else that feels it is ok to either insult any other person on here.
Or anyone that insults 95% of people.

Come on, let's all get on and help each other out.

More added to my wants list on 2- 5 09, just here ---- \/

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:43 pm 
Post subject:

Personally I think it's a great shame. Treble just didn't take to me at all but that's life. He didn't take to quite a few. But I will listen to the guy when he was sensible because he is one of the top collectors in the UK, no doubt at all. But he had an side of him that seemed almost obsessive. And that was continuing digs at collectors. For someone with an amazing collection , I can't understand it at all. To get banned , then comeback and repeat the same old rubbish that got him banned in he first place is bizarre. Obviously an intelligent bloke, just makes it a mystery to me.
SADDLERSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

From what i read Mr Trouble got bullied by a few members on here who should be banned themselves.. SHAME ON YOU Regards Alan
Magpie 67

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:02 pm 
Post subject:

Get a grip the biggest bully of them all has fallen and if you honestly think that treble could be bullied you're doing the man down
SADDLERSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:05 pm 
Post subject:

As i saw and read it he was one member bullied by you and a few others on here.

No No No No No
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:08 pm 
Post subject:

Anyone read that poem from WW2

First they came for the communists?.........

I guess I don't like the 'mob' mentality rounding on one person.

Anyone know a good pitchfork dealer?
Magpie 67

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:10 pm 
Post subject:

Saddlers Fan he lived by the sword he died by it or maybe it was a pitchfork i don't really know .
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:11 pm 
Post subject:

People become 'Sheeple' all to easily on the internet.
gatfb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:14 pm 
Post subject:

'From what i read Mr Trouble got bullied by a few members on here who should be banned themselves.. SHAME ON YOU Regards Alan'

Utter rubbish.

For what its worth I enjoyed reading a lot of his posts as they were well written and contained a lot of knowledge but a lot of the time he came across as a grade A tool who thought himself superior to other people.

For my part it did not bother me as I found him more a sad,laughable figure when he started to get high and mighty. I would rather he was allowed to post as on a good day he has a lot to offer, however, I can see how he could put off more sensitive posters than myself.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:19 pm 
Post subject:

The point is Alan , it wasn't about one thread. It's been going on for years. And if you going to make enough enemies, in the end, to a casual reader it looks like a gang mentality when it's really all the people he upset with his attitude. To be fair, when he was last banned , all the tension went from the forum. People contributed without fear of a put down. We can all disagree , sometimes it can get a bit heated , but constant slagging off, name calling and putting people in there place can't be right.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:22 pm 
Post subject:

Alan.
In no way was Treble ever bullied.
People reacted to his constant insults.
He was politely asked by myself and others to refrain.
When that didn't work he was warned that a ban would occur.
Still no change so he was banned for a few weeks.
When he came back things were ok, but! Not for long.
His antics turned people away from the forum
A choice had to be made. Either let him carry on and possibly turn so many people away the the forum failed or ban him.
I chose to ban him.
On my head be it if it's the wrong decision.
I am confident it's the right decision.
Time will tell.

This forum is a place where club loyalties are to be put aside.
Bristol City/Rovers?
Man City/United?
Everton/Liverpool?

It doesn't matter.
We are collectors and we help each other out.
End of story.
No personal insults will be tolerated
For many years the forum has run smoothly and the only time problems have occurred have been due to Treble and Bazza.

Treble is gone for good. Bazza may be allowed back for a second chance but will go for good as well if he goes back to his old ways as Treble did.

Cheers. Jamie.

More added to my wants list on 2- 5 09, just here ---- \/

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:26 pm 
Post subject:

Past Pirate I ask you this can you give him his last chance ?

If he starts to go to defcom 1 I will personally pm him and tell him he's out of order and to get back to talking about collecting.

I guess I'm saying I will be his guarantor and if I fail then there's no further come backs.

I think we all know his quality's in his knowledge and he would be an asset
to your forum.

But I agree the sly digs and put downs have to stop and that means everyone not just him.

I've not been in contact with him as I know he's travelling the country at the moment so he doesn't know I'm even suggesting this.

Can you reconsider?
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:32 pm 
Post subject:

I hate to see anyone banned but pastpirate has made the point, it's puts others off. And it's so true. Who wants to give an opinion , ask a question , put their side when a snide remark , or insult is going to come flying in. It's like walking on egg shells . Sadly Treble just can't seem to help himself. I'm as puzzled as Hydemaine. At the end of the day. Is the forum open to many giving different views, or open to one person who's views are law because his collection is the best???
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:39 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie I can't speak for him as to what is going through his mind when he writes on here.

I think that's been highlighted by the way he say's things on here.

I do know that the internet causes a lot of the problems as I've stated previously.

People form opinions of others by the written word and one word out of context can lead to another person questioning it's meaning and it spirals out of control and then people see other people in a different way and then the other person gets defensive and then all of a sudden there's a war going on!

I wish we could all meet socially face to face but that's not possible (unless pastpirate organises a 'Do' Laughing )

If you met Ray you would know what I'm trying to say.
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 pm 
Post subject: This forum

This forum is going through a difficult phase where in my opinion moderation is required to prevent new posters from disappearing.
There is no need for being rude to new members or those that may not have the thousands of pounds needed to buy the very best.
Many posters have felt intimidated for asking legitimate questions. We are all grown ups, we can make our own minds up, Treble has much to offer and it is a shame he has been banned but as they say no one should be bigger than the club and a certain other person ŵho falls into this category has managed to be dignified and helpful, yet still be able to have some banter without being banned. I don't want this forum to die, but some moderation is required, 3 strikes and you're out? One last chance for treble? A certain other member may miss his bromance man Utd moments Love
Giffer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:56 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
I hate to see anyone banned but pastpirate has made the point, it's puts others off. And it's so true. Who wants to give an opinion , ask a question , put their side when a snide remark , or insult is going to come flying in. It's like walking on egg shells . Sadly Treble just can't seem to help himself. I'm as puzzled as Hydemaine. At the end of the day. Is the forum open to many giving different views, or open to one person who's views are law because his collection is the best???

Yes as you say snide remarks and insults do put people off from posting or contributing .
My experience exactly eh wullie Wink
Karb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

Ray has only himself to blame. I'm disappointed that posters who I respect are trying to apportion blame elsewhere. Imho, Jamie has made absolutely the right decision.

If you want a forum where posters spend their time telling everyone else that they are "considerably better than yow" a la Harry Enfield, then fair enough. But its not for me
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:21 pm 
Post subject:

Lets have an insult other members section where everyone who goes into know's what to expect........only kidding Very Happy
FootballcardsDirect

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

I think lack of moderation has been one of the biggest problems. Thats in no way a dig at pastpirate as he's fighting a losing battle being the only one who seems to be around and by the time he has come online a thread where a simple word or two of warning is needed has descended into chaos.

I have not agreed with many things treble has posted and at times he has become a bit boring and ott but the way he has been banned today is wrong and the small group has got what they wanted. As soon as the first posts in the medal thread were made where it was obvious that they were just petty digs then they should have been removed to avoid all that followed which again comes down to lack of moderation.

Whether he posted the medal topic to get a rise from folk is something only he knows but theres a simple thing to do if you don't like something, ignore it.

The only person on here I have met is Bazza who again was banned and again some things he posted I disagreed with and were out of order and as someone who posts very rarely I am the type of poster he made comments about in not contributing enough, simple word from a moderator nips things in the bud quickly before topics get petty and personal.

Now the forum has lost two members with vast knowledge and experience, some will say good riddance but for the forum is it good to lose that experience ?
hydemaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:36 pm 
Post subject:

FootballcardsDirect wrote:
I think lack of moderation has been one of the biggest problems. Thats in no way a dig at pastpirate as he's fighting a losing battle being the only one who seems to be around and by the time he has come online a thread where a simple word or two of warning is needed has descended into chaos.

I have not agreed with many things treble has posted and at times he has become a bit boring and ott but the way he has been banned today is wrong and the small group has got what they wanted. As soon as the first posts in the medal thread were made where it was obvious that they were just petty digs then they should have been removed to avoid all that followed which again comes down to lack of moderation.

Whether he posted the medal topic to get a rise from folk is something only he knows but theres a simple thing to do if you don't like something, ignore it.

The only person on here I have met is Bazza who again was banned and again some things he posted I disagreed with and were out of order and as someone who posts very rarely I am the type of poster he made comments about in not contributing enough, simple word from a moderator nips things in the bud quickly before topics get petty and personal.

Now the forum has lost two members with vast knowledge and experience, some will say good riddance but for the forum is it good to lose that experience ?

Nope! not in my opinion well said.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: