Football Programmes Centre

Just obtained these three.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just obtained these three.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustard68

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:05 am 
Post subject: JUST OBTAINED THESE 3

Mr Millman and Rocky are right

The original has a unique number for the halftime draw.
The club reprinted a copy having used the programme with the number 2787 and included it with their Luton fac3 issue 9.1.88. It was glossy like the programme it came with and smaller in size than the original.

Then there is a third copy - glossy with no number. This, I suspect, is a copy printed by a would be seller who spotted the number "problem".

Theres a similar faff to be found with the yeovil sunderland 1949 cup shocker game involving a substitute goalkeeper and a 1975 reprint.

keeps us all interested at least.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:07 pm 
Post subject: Re: JUST OBTAINED THESE 3

mustard68 wrote:

The club reprinted a copy having used the programme with the number 2787 and included it with their Luton fac3 issue 9.1.88. It was glossy like the programme it came with and smaller in size than the original.

Then there is a third copy - glossy with no number. This, I suspect, is a copy printed by a would be seller who spotted the number "problem".

Theres a similar faff to be found with the yeovil sunderland 1949 cup shocker game involving a substitute goalkeeper and a 1975 reprint.

Hi Mustard
thanks for the information.
The one I've got isn't glossy and feels right for it's age.
However I'm going to take it with me when I next see Leslie and he will know what I have..
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:14 pm 
Post subject: Re: JUST OBTAINED THESE 3

mustard68 wrote:

MR.MILLMAN Shocked

You make me sound like the HEADMASTER

Bend over Boy-Now! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Leslie will do fine young Mustard! Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
mustard68

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:03 pm 
Post subject: just obtained these 3

sorry leslie

too much respect Bow
capetown3673

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:38 pm 
Post subject: Re: just obtained these 3

mustard68 wrote:
sorry leslie

too much respect Bow

My copy is not glossy, I have about 30 Hartlepool programmes from the 50s and my Man U copy the paper is of similar paper to the others is not mint but in good condition, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that this is a replica
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: