Football Programmes Centre

Just obtained these three.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just obtained these three.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:20 pm 
Post subject: Just obtained these three.

Any idea of what their value might be?

Got them today.

I know they might be good ones but not sure of their value?

The United v Itallian has token intact.

All in good condition...No writing folds etc.

sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:56 pm 
Post subject:

Bexley £20-30
Italian Youth £20-30

Hartlepool £100-£120 if its original
Not a lot if its the re-print.

So says the bloke who has just delivered some stationary to the office Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:58 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
Bexley £20-30
Italian Youth £20-30

So says the bloke who has just delivered some stationary to the office Smile

Hartlepool original the collector went to it...I know him.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:05 pm 
Post subject:

hydemaine wrote:
sharrowblade wrote:
Bexley £20-30
Italian Youth £20-30

So says the bloke who has just delivered some stationary to the office :)

And so says the bloke who know's nothing about who has been banned from this forum?.... do some research?
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:13 pm 
Post subject:

hydemaine wrote:
hydemaine wrote:
sharrowblade wrote:
Bexley £20-30
Italian Youth £20-30

And so says the bloke who know's nothing about who has been banned from this forum?.... do some research?

Confused I'm confused.. Help me!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: Just obtained these three.

hydemaine wrote:

Got them today.

The Hartlepool item looks flawless-beware of a re-print. In fact the numpty who did reprint them was unaware that there was a programme number on the inside cover so every re-print is the same number. Don't forget these re-prints were not stated as re-prints and whoever did them had the intentions of ripping folk off.

The original programme i have seen mainly on poor paper but there were some on a gloss type also that were original.

I note you say that you know the chap went fair enough but from the scan it looks mint conditioned and nothing would look that good if it went to a game 58 years ago and it pissed down to boot no doubt!

Oh and i once made a note of the number on the reprint to remind me if i came across another example i will look to see if i can did it out.

I hope it is a good un for you. Recently i was quite surprised and disappointed that one sold for aroundjust a £100 or so only at auction or ebay but it was quite recently.
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:26 pm 
Post subject:

I'm sure that the re-printed copy of the Hartlepool v Man Utd 57/58 FAC programme was a freebie within the 87/88 FAC 3rd round Hartlepool v Luton programme.
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

I also made a note of number of the fake Hartlepool programme Leslie it's 2787,and yes recent reprint was included in a Hartlepool programme dated 9/1/88. I have got two copies which look and are aged as you would expect but neither have a number inside,guessing and hoping there are the real deal and were given to guests,match officials etc!
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 pm 
Post subject:

Just checked Ebay,the reprint was sold on there recently and as pointed out by Rocky it was given away with the match programme for the Hartlepool v Luton FAC3 game dated 9/1/88 and the programme number printed inside was 2787,I'm guessing the number you have for the older copies are a different number to that Leslie.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:25 pm 

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
hydemaine wrote:

Got them today.

The Hartlepool item looks flawless-beware of a re-print. In fact the numpty who did reprint them was unaware that there was a programme number on the inside cover so every re-print is the same number. Don't forget these re-prints were not stated as re-prints and whoever did them had the intentions of ripping folk off.

The original programme i have seen mainly on poor paper but there were some on a gloss type also that were original.

I note you say that you know the chap went fair enough but from the scan it looks mint conditioned and nothing would look that good if it went to a game 58 years ago and it pissed down to boot no doubt!

Oh and i once made a note of the number on the reprint to remind me if i came across another example i will look to see if i can did it out.

I hope it is a good un for you. Recently i was quite surprised and disappointed that one sold for aroundjust a £100 or so only at auction or ebay but it was quite recently.

Hi thanks Leslie.

I know this guy kept his collection in good order but as you say this is a flawless example so I'm not sure.
I've taken a picture of the inside I can't see a serial number? The paper is good quality but not glossy Thanks for your help.

Regards
Dave
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Just had it confirmed this is the original.

As pointed out it would have staple marks for the freebie this doesn't

And the guy who went to it was a fastidious collector at the time.

No serial number inside.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:19 pm 

hydemaine wrote:
manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
hydemaine wrote:

Got them today.

Hi thanks Leslie.

I know this guy kept his collection in good order but as you say this is a flawless example so I'm not sure.
I've taken a picture of the inside I can't see a serial number? The paper is good quality but not glossy Thanks for your help.

Regards
Dave

Here is an example of a copy on the glossy paper showing some age, I think you have a re-print there, I also recall some time ago hearing that some re-printed ones[maybe from another source] had no number inside as perhaps they were more astute than the first mug?. The reprinted ones were done years ago not recently. The number in the centre was for the lucky programme draw at half time where you won as a prixze a ticket to the next home game, the runners up price was 2 tickets!

Anyway, I am showing two other items from this match one of which is worth considerably more than the original programme for sure.

Here is a treat for those who do not wish to visit my flickr site that has 5.3ish million views with 11,000 images uploaded to date, in fact new items were added in the last few days www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/ or to view the entire collection to date it is www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets

I am very proud of what I have uploaded to date, it just takes a lot of hard work and has done so since I first discovered flickr in 2007. laborious and monotonous such is the scanning process but the reward in seeing it laid out as it is, justifies it all.

. Wave
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:38 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Leslie

Wow! what a minefield with reprints....not sure what I have now. at least it didn't cost me Smile
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

The ones given away in the VIP section didn't have the lucky numbers inside?
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:43 pm 
Post subject:

As I posted earlier I have two of these programmes both without the "lucky number" and both have matchday folds,marks and wear consistent with having been at the match? Here are scans of one of them. Did ask a Hartlepool collector about the missing number a few years ago sure he said complimentary programmes had no number!

capetown3673

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:48 pm 
Post subject:

hydemaine wrote:

I have an original copy of hartlepool v man utd 1957. My copy has no number inside team page. I was told by the seller that these were given to VIP/press etc. Hope this helps.
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:49 pm 
Post subject:

Stourbridge Lion wrote:
As I posted earlier I have two of these programmes both without the "lucky number" and both have matchday folds,marks and wear consistent with having been at the match? Here are scans of one of them. Did ask a Hartlepool collector about the missing number a few years ago sure he said complimentary programmes had no number!

Hi Thanks for the update.
I have had programmes other than this from the same source.
All have been in excelllent condition because the guy was very careful with his programmes from way back.
I do believe I have a very good original.

I'm happy with it and that's all that matters.

Cheers once again.

Dave.
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:54 pm 
Post subject:

Happy with my pair as well Dave and I do think they are genuine,just wish they were in the same condition as your specimen!
hydemaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

capetown3673 wrote:
hydemaine wrote:

I have an original copy of hartlepool v man utd 1957. My copy has no number inside team page. I was told by the seller that these were given to VIP/press etc. Hope this helps.

Thanks capetown.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:35 am 
Post subject:

hydemaine wrote:
hydemaine wrote:
sharrowblade wrote:
Bexley £20-30
Italian Youth £20-30

Still waiting for an explanation Confused
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: