Football Programmes Centre

Premier Programme Fair-excellent
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Premier Programme Fair-excellent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJF73

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:18 pm 
Post subject: Premier Programme Fair-excellent

I went to the fair today and I thought it was excellent. Thanks David Allen and all the other people who set up stalls there.
kcs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:40 am 
Post subject:

I also went to the fair and thoroughly enjoyed it once again. Brought a few Leeds reserves and happy with the acquisitions.

Met Kenners and had a good old chin wag about the world of programme collecting.

Spoke to Alex and Mick as always. Always a pleasure.

But, after a few disagreements with Bazza in the past made time to speak to him - and must say he is one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet face to face. A genuine football man who enjoys the hobby.

All of the stall holders were as friendly as ever, but must congratulate Dave Allen aka "Thee Mr David Allen" on organising such an event.
Looking forward to next year and a new stall holder Very Happy

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Stew1881

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:04 am 
Post subject:

Well said Kcs always enjoy this event and as always nice to put some faces to names !

Picked up a few orient off dorian Taylor .was packed when I got there might leave it til a bit later next time as I'm sure the Orient ones will still be there in the afternoon Laughing
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:24 pm 
Post subject:

I was there also. First one thru the doors!

Most stall holders thought I was mad as" there's no quality here for man u!" Yet I am told this is where
The UK support for United emanates from!(total drivel)

I found a couple of quality items and some tickets so no complaints from me as well as putting faces to names and seeing Paul from PM(my editor!)for the first time despite all these years of articles.

It was disappointing that there was very little Man U pre war aways against Southern/London clubs not even Tottenham or arsenal as perhaps nowadays they are either at auction or on eBay as this is where they think that they will get the highest prices but sometimes collecting is being in the right place at the right time.

Well I was yesterday

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Andrew BSFC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:40 pm 
Post subject: Premier Programme Fair

As always, a thoroughly enjoyable day out and I was very happy with my purchases. The 5 hours seemed to fly by and with 28 stallholders present there was an excellent selection of football memorabilia.
I had a chat with John Litster, who "was on the door", around 1.30pm and he reckoned numbers of attendees were up on previous years.Unforunately there seemed to be very few younger collectors there. Well done to everyone involved with the organising and exhibiting.
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:54 pm 
Post subject:

Had a trip down to Plymouth to pick up my son from Uni - another year to go out of the 4 years for his degree - so I didn't attend. Smile Although it sounded like a well attended event, which sounds good for the future of football collecting. Easy I haven't been to one in years, probably 20+ years since I went to one in London. Judge

Sadly, I couldn't collect my prize from a dealer, that was a shame, but there's always next time. Laughing
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:58 pm 
Post subject:

wandererpaul wrote:
Had a trip down to Plymouth to pick up my son from Uni - another year to go out of the 4 years for his degree - so I didn't attend. Smile Although it sounded like a well attended event, which sounds good for the future of football collecting. Easy I haven't been to one in years, probably 20+ years since I went to one in London. Judge

Sadly, I couldn't collect my prize from a dealer, that was a shame, but there's always next time. Laughing

I find that quite incredible that you are London based yet have not been to any fairs in 20 years, why ever not?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
wandererpaul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:10 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
I find that quite incredible that you are London based yet have not been to any fairs in 20 years, why ever not?

Mortgage, kids, work, ex partner - therefore a real lack of funds!! - and so my wallet wasn't able to extend beyond ebaying etc!

I've got a good collection, mostly via the Brentford FC programme club, and because I started collecting at an early age, around 12, but worked backwards, as I suspect we all did, when I should've gone further back - ie 1920's - and worked forwards! I could've bought several pre war for what a season of 1960's cost back in the late 1970's early 1980's!! I then stopped in the 1990's, due to the 3 kids, and didn't get collecting again until about 5/6 years ago.

Now nearly 50 and children growing/grown up (22, 20 & 16) I'm looking out for more 'stuff' but what I need is in the late tens/early hundreds, plus there's a new kid on the block - on ebay - who seems to have an endless supply of money! So knocks me out every time.....

As I said, I may try to get to one soon, I've been to a couple of Cigarette Card fairs, which have been fruitful, although once again, what I need in the Ciggy/trade card market is up in the tens of pounds now.

Picked up Press Photo's recently, but once again, Mr Cobweb has outbid me and others on anything Brentford.

Not been a ticket collector personally, and I cannot see myself going down that route, unless a collection of 1950's/1960's/1970's turn up and I may go for them!
facup1939

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:17 pm 
Post subject:

I also attended yesterday, and was delighted with the item I managed to find.
As always, very well organised, and a good selection of dealers and items.
I would agree with Andrew, I thought the numbers were up a bit on the last few years, although the almost complete absence of anyone under about 40 is similar to previous years.
The trend in our hobby does not appear to be changing.
I spoke to a couple of the dealers, who I know, and both seemed pleased with the day, so hopefully everyone did OK.
I do not know many people there, and as a fairly newbie poster on this forum, chickened out of speaking to Bazza, but it was a most enjoyable few hours.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:27 pm 
Post subject:

facup1939 wrote:
I would agree with Andrew, I thought the numbers were up a bit on the last few years, although the almost complete absence of anyone under about 40 is similar to previous years.
The trend in our hobby does not appear to be changing.

I've said before, and I'll bore everyone again, that the concept of Fairs needs an overhaul.

A "showpiece"annual event like this needs something to attract "newbies" or the curious to it. It's great for us tired old collectors, but clearly not to the youngsters or even the casual collector.

Hold it at the National Football Museum, or another club museum, widen the remit to include cig cards, even rugby/speedway stuff, old replica shirts, get stars of past or present in for signing sessions, get something to attract the kids, get Panini involved. Think outside the box.

Easy to say of course, harder to organise and pay for, but IMO that's the way we need to go.
Tommy12317

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:36 pm 
Post subject:

I was the young collector in the wheelchair. I though it was great as it was my 1st programme fair. I have a good collection of about 2000. My favourite buys were the 1966 tournament brochure & the 1999 fa cup final to add to my growing Newcastle united collection. I would like to thank everybody especially steve who gave me free programmes & told me to 'keep collecting' which I will. I look forward to attending another one soon. The jewel of my collection- the 1966 world cup final programme.
TheMusic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

Good on you, Tommy - good luck with the collection!
Tommy12317

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:22 pm 
Post subject:

TheMusic wrote:
Good on you, Tommy - good luck with the collection!

Thanks mate
pompey gaz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:27 am 
Post subject:

Certainly our hobby needs new blood like Tommy here,but with programmes the size they are nowadays there's always the problem of storàge after all a young persons bedroom is only so big so its really up to the club's to at least stop making them any bigger. I will make the effort to get to this fair next year as I've never been but the feedback is always positive so I'll squeeze it in between the Pompey fairs next year.
ritchie89

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:54 am 
Post subject:

I'm 26 and attended. It was my first time I have attended one as I have only been collecting for just over 2 years but I must say I felt like a kid in a sweet shop. Although I only got a few bits that I needed I met some really top guys and made some new contacts. I'm currently just a few programmes shy of completing my collection them being the dodgy European away games Tottenham played in the 70's but hoping that from the people I met I may be able to get them sometime soon, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be definitely attending the next one.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:00 am 
Post subject:

Speaking as a novice dealer with less than three years experience, and basically being nothing more than a 'dabbler' who took it up as a retirement hobby, I found the latest Premier Fair to again be exactly what its name suggests - the biggest and the best! Certainly, my takings at this event were the highest achieved at any of the dozens of fairs I have stood at in the time I've been doing it.
thfcbasil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 pm 
Post subject: fair

Hi Tommy, Not sure if you want them but I have in excellent condition Newcastle v. Arsenal and Bolton v. Newcasle both 60/1. Yours for nothing, just pm mw with your address and happy to help, cheers Cliff.
mancitymark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:24 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
But, after a few disagreements with Bazza in the past made time to speak to him - and must say he is one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet face to face. A genuine football man who enjoys the hobby.

Most 'Keyboard Warriors Are' Laughing Wave
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:44 am 
Post subject:

I've known Bazza for a good few years, not best mates and I wouldn't even class us a friends but have dealt with him a few times over the years and have also been on two other forums in the past where he was also a member, one of which I run and the bloke is not a keyboard warrior at all, he likes to have a laugh and enjoy it, he winds people up, some get offended and some see it for what it is, thats life but as he's not here to defend himself I think its unfair for people to have a pop at him.

websites - www.footballstickershop.com
mancitymark

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:57 pm 
Post subject:

FootballcardsDirect wrote:
I've known Bazza for a good few years, not best mates and I wouldn't even class us a friends but have dealt with him a few times over the years and have also been on two other forums in the past where he was also a member, one of which I run and the bloke is not a keyboard warrior at all, he likes to have a laugh and enjoy it, he winds people up, some get offended and some see it for what it is, thats life but as he's not here to defend himself I think its unfair for people to have a pop at him.

Fair enough but he certainly comes across that way on here , especially to new posters, in my opinion which of course are like arsoles Sherlock
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: