Football Programmes Centre

Clubs rare season archive
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Clubs rare season archive
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:57 am 
Post subject:

I'm pretty new to programme collecting, so still finding out which ones are rare for Orient.. however the 1962/63 season is one that people look out for, for the same reason as Carlisle and Northampton above, it was our only season in the old first division. Orient v Manchester United can often fetch between 10 and 20 as can the Orient v Blackpool one. (I understand the Man U one being more expensive, as we won 1-0, but i'm not sure why the Blackpool one always has so much interest, any Blackpool fans know why?)
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 pm 
Post subject:

For my club Halifax not many rare seasons as such more certain programmes from certain seasons seem very rare, the rarest seasons for the 1950's are 1952/53 & 1953/54, 1958/59 the programme v Mansfield is very rare only 1 is known to exist it is a A3 sized single sheet, just about all the 1940's programmes are very hard to find most sell for well over £50 when/if they ever turn up, from the 1960's the rare season is 62/63 especially the programmes for the matches v Shrewsbury, Swindon & Millwall with Bristol Rovers & Bristol City not far behind, the only other rare one is Oxford 63/64, the rarest aways are 56/57 Gateshead & Shrewsbury 62/3 (single sheet). The 1988/89 match v Hartlepools a mix up at the printers meant only 1 programme (printers proof copy) made it out of the printers and is in the possession of an ex-chairman, the club hastily produced a single sheet hours before kick off which is also quite rare. Hereford away 73/74 a postphoned issue dated February 9th turned up on ebay last year the seller claimed this was one of only 2 in existence which had been saved from the printers bin i stopped bidding at £150 but it went for nearer £250 i think,
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:30 pm 
Post subject:

Posh1959 wrote:
KCS
Leeds away at Blackburn 59/60 has fetched up to £80 in the past, but I have seen a couple of copies sell in the last few months for £25 ish.

The last Blackburn v Leeds 46/7 which i saw sell fetched in excess of £500 Crying or Very sad
Most of the early to mid 50s at Ewood do come around but due to the Leeds factor sell for £50 plus with the exception of 54/5 which I believe to be a £10 programme.

Who knows when it comes to Blackburn programmes over the past month 61/2 v Ipswich has sold on ebay for £134 and today £44.54 both in similar condition. Chelsea 63/4 has also dropped from £150 plus to £80. Thankfully i bought them all the 60s and mid to late 50s moons ago.
The said prog Blackburn v Leeds 59/60 had proved the hardest to obtain re my Blackburn collection from that season. purchased of Mike Hewitt for £50 with T/C since expertly removed for me by Programme Pres(like new) . seems odd to me but KETTERING TOWN AWAYS from the 75/76 & 76/77 seasons proving realy difficult to obtain,have a feeling some clubs did not issue for those two seasons, i am realy hoping someone can tell me otherwise ,or am i just looking in the wrong place.
BertD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:50 pm 
Post subject:

Molineux Phil wrote:
KETTERING TOWN AWAYS from the 75/76 & 76/77 seasons proving realy difficult to obtain,have a feeling some clubs did not issue for those two seasons, i am realy hoping someone can tell me otherwise ,or am i just looking in the wrong place.

I think it's just a numbers game, Phil. All clubs issued against Wimbledon (in the same League) for those two seasons (albeit in the second of those two seasons both Chelmsford and Redditch were single sheets). I'm struggling to obtain several of these myself (in Wimbledon guise) but I'm assured by my fellow collectors that they exist.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:15 pm 
Post subject:

BertD wrote:
Molineux Phil wrote:
KETTERING TOWN AWAYS from the 75/76 & 76/77 seasons proving realy difficult to obtain,have a feeling some clubs did not issue for those two seasons, i am realy hoping someone can tell me otherwise ,or am i just looking in the wrong place.

I think it's just a numbers game, Phil. All clubs issued against Wimbledon (in the same League) for those two seasons (albeit in the second of those two seasons both Chelmsford and Redditch were single sheets). I'm struggling to obtain several of these myself (in Wimbledon guise) but I'm assured by my fellow collectors that they exist.
Thanks for that info Bert tis encouraging.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:18 pm 
Post subject:

I would guess that clubs in the 70s that produced newspaper style programmes would be difficult to obtain in good condition. I mean what a nightmare for collectors. I know Derby and Oxford produced them. I bet there are hardly any that are not folded or turning yellow.
Geddon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:24 pm 
Post subject:

Shrewsbury are another club who produced the newspaper programmes in 1978-79.
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:25 am 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
I would guess that clubs in the 70s that produced newspaper style programmes would be difficult to obtain in good condition. I mean what a nightmare for collectors. I know Derby and Oxford produced them. I bet there are hardly any that are not folded or turning yellow.

or torn round the edges - the newspaper paper was so fragile!
surfinjim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 am 
Post subject:

Other newspaper style producers;

Donny
Rotherham
Blackpool
Plymouth

Jim

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: