Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:24 am 
Post subject:

oh well i see that he is still out and about with a mate standing behind him

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 am 
Post subject:

This is what a Trading Standards officer said after the Cameo fiasco.

“This was an extremely large and complicated fraud investigation led by the council’s trading standards service that involved witnesses from all over the country as well as a lot of detailed financial analysis
Cheated clients of the now defunct auction house were "fobbed off" or sent dud cheques,, Reading Crown Court was told. Cameo boss Jonathan King even treated himself to a luxury holiday at his victims' expense. "" ( Sounds familiar )

So they do have experience in these cases, it's very complicated and takes a very long time.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:17 am 
Post subject:

How have people been getting on in reclaiming the unsold lots from Lane that he said he would do months ago, or was that another false promise from him?
Rafehod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:10 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
This is what a Trading Standards officer said after the Cameo fiasco.

“This was an extremely large and complicated fraud investigation led by the council’s trading standards service that involved witnesses from all over the country as well as a lot of detailed financial analysis
Cheated clients of the now defunct auction house were "fobbed off" or sent dud cheques,, Reading Crown Court was told. Cameo boss Jonathan King even treated himself to a luxury holiday at his victims' expense. "" ( Sounds familiar )

So they do have experience in these cases, it's very complicated and takes a very long time.

This one did surprise me I must say, as I bought and sold many times with Cameo and never had a problem at all. Maybe I was lucky..... Auction houses must be desperate to resort to such measures on the surface it seems a win, win business taking commission from both sides, selling items that are mainly donated to you for sale. There has to be a downside somewhere as 2 auctions have closed in the past year near me and I have heard another is struggling.......what is happening?
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

2 auctions have closed in the past year near me and I have heard another is struggling.......what is happening?

One word - eBay .

before my unfortunate lack of judgement , i sold over £6,000 of items on eBay without a single problem. The only reason i went with Lane was it was all becoming a little time consuming. Great error . Never mind, there are some reputable auction sites out there with honest hard working people. I just hope if they can see the game is up , then they'll pull the plug rather than go on like moron Lane , digging themselves deeper and deeper.
daiward

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:37 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
How have people been getting on in reclaiming the unsold lots from Lane that he said he would do months ago, or was that another false promise from him?

It is no longer a matter of sold or unsold as far as this man is concerned. He may wish to keep quiet on the subject but there are definitely some out there who know more than they dare to admit. I have at least one name he let slip when I met him for the brief few minutes it took to take away items that I probably will never see again. I haven't yet seen evidence of this person being a forum member & dearly hope he isn't.

I think this person could shed a light on Lane's dealings one way or another. But as it appears there will never be a proper police investigation I am left frustrated yet again. Trading Standards do a good job but this should be a police matter full stop.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:29 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
It is no longer a matter of sold or unsold as far as this man is concerned. He may wish to keep quiet on the subject but there are definitely some out there who know more than they dare to admit. I have at least one name he let slip when I met him for the brief few minutes it took to take away items that I probably will never see again. I haven't yet seen evidence of this person being a forum member & dearly hope he isn't.

I think this person could shed a light on Lane's dealings one way or another. But as it appears there will never be a proper police investigation I am left frustrated yet again. Trading Standards do a good job but this should be a police matter full stop.

Has there been any form of reconciliation between items know to have been consigned to auction versus items recorded as sold versus items returned to the vendor, together with alleged sale value?

Surely if there is discrepancies and missing items then there is a case for making a formal complaint to Police on the basis of theft or fraud, anyone can do this.
daiward

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:21 pm 
Post subject:

[/quote] Has there been any form of reconciliation between items know to have been consigned to auction versus items recorded as sold versus items returned to the vendor, together with alleged sale value?

Surely if there is discrepancies and missing items then there is a case for making a formal complaint to Police on the basis of theft or fraud, anyone can do this. [/quote]

I mentioned having a name that I recognised from our hobby who I established at the time of meeting our alleged thief & fraudster as someone who had purchased items from that previous auction. I am not saying he could be an accessory in all of this but I think he needs to clear his name especially as he was at that time mentioned as recently meeting our alleged thief & fraudster. A simple fact is that the stolen items are still in existence. Whoever has them is in line for a court appearance unless they can justify their acquisition fairly. I am at this time waiting for anything I consider stolen appearing on the market & will immediately make a complaint to police of that theft & hope that they will at least take it seriously. I could say more but it will only get me into more trouble!
kcs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:16 pm 
Post subject:

Apologies if I have misunderstood your post - but are you saying anyone that paid for an item at one of the said auctions is liable for theft? Or an accessory??

Or are you referring to purchases outside of the auction for stock that was in the auction (or meant to be at least)?

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
daiward

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:55 am 
Post subject:

KNOWINGLY is the key word. Deals set up at or outside of auction where items change hands for far less than agreed reserves and even then the money does not make it back to the vendor.

Update 15th October 2016

I am about to put the items I believe stolen onto this forum. Each are unique so easily identified.
daiward

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:16 pm 
Post subject:

Belgium v Ireland 10-5-50
Czechoslovakia v Wales 1957
Swindon Town Practice Match 18-8-28
Gillingham v Merthyr Town 1919-20
Jutland v Bristol City 1946

All the above were apparently sold at the December 2015 auction having been passed on from the September sale. I was watching by live link & saw no evidence of the hammer coming down on any of the items but later discovered that they had in fact been allegedly sold for far less than the agreed reserves. After a complaint to AL I subsequently received an invoice where the figures miraculously had risen to near the reserves. But of course there was no cheque forthcoming. So I would be very interested in discovering if in fact anyone out there bought these items & how much was agreed. Andy Lane did not do all of this on his own.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:48 pm 
Post subject:

No one is going to admit any dealings with this unsavory character. All you can do is pass on your concerns to the appropriate authorities.
Rafehod

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:31 pm 
Post subject:

This would have been between Lane and someone who had a good contact book to be able to move programmes on quickly so they could turn over programmes of this nature fast and make a quick buck. My guess would be one of the big dealers and they probably split the proceeds between them.

Can't think of any other way, they would have had to be private sales as these sort of programmes would have stood out in any other auctions. One of the big dealers out there is the culprit in my opinion and staying very quiet in the hope it all goes away.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:43 pm 
Post subject:

I'm sitting on a large pre war collection at the moment. It's in the cupboard. I don't look at it. I have lost interest in the hobby altogether after my dealings with Lane. I'm not buying and i'm definitely not selling. He is by far the worst thing ever to happen to the hobby.
I suspect people in the hobby who'll dealt with this bloke and no way will they be getting their hands on my collection.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:36 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
I'm sitting on a large pre war collection at the moment. It's in the cupboard. I don't look at it. I have lost interest in the hobby altogether after my dealings with Lane. I'm not buying and i'm definitely not selling. He is by far the worst thing ever to happen to the hobby.
I suspect people in the hobby who'll dealt with this bloke and no way will they be getting their hands on my collection.

That's very sad to read Wullie, you are totally disillusioned and that probably applies to your club too.

All I would say is not all dealers can be tarred with the same brush. I think we probably all suspect who the culprits are but then again we may all have different ideas on that.

This whole episode has left a very sour taste in our mouths but what really amazes me is someone hasn't taken the law into their own hands and sorted them out. That's the British way, I suppose. But as usual the law has proven to be an ass and that also is the way of our great country.

Judge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
daiward

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:45 pm 
Post subject:

I am at least happy we are talking about this again after an absence of anything further. In my day this would have been a definite criminal investigation. AL is a thief & fraudster & whoever is in cohorts with him deserves the same label. Maybe it's a 'Brotherhood' issue? Nothing would surprise me after all I witnessed back then or since.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:51 pm 
Post subject:

My thoughts exactly Pete.
I've read this thread & its updates from the beginning, and since day one I've been constantly amazed that someone hasn't gone round his place in a balaclava.

Not that I'm advocating it for a second you understand, but if the law won't help you, etc etc.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:03 pm 
Post subject:

littlewiggy wrote:
My thoughts exactly Pete.
I've read this thread & its updates from the beginning, and since day one I've been constantly amazed that someone hasn't gone round his place in a balaclava.

Not that I'm advocating it for a second you understand, but if the law won't help you, etc etc.

We are all waiting the outcome of the investigation which we knew would take ages. I personally wouldn't recommend any violence . The bloke is pathetic. Why risk your liberty over dirt like that ? Others may feel different. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his shoes.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:11 pm 
Post subject:

No, don't get me wrong, I respect your restraint mate.
You're a much bigger man.
There's plenty that would completely lose it though, over much less money too.
Lane's a very, very lucky chap in that regard.

Many wouldn't have even bothered going to the law in the first place.

Me personally, I'm a big believer in Karma and you reap what you sow.
That's my philosophy, and it's why I always treat folk as decently as I can.
What goes around as my old Nan used to say.
daiward

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

[quote]No one is going to admit any dealings with this unsavory character. All you can do is pass on your concerns to the appropriate authorities.(quote)

I will answer this now Wullie. If there is a proper investigation in progress why has no one in supposed authority ever come back to me. Neither the Liquidators or Trading Standards have bothered & this is why I posted pics of my stolen goods. We are all seriously out of pocket over this fiasco whilst those that should be acting for us are clearly not sufficiently interested. As for nobody admitting involvement in these crimes believe me there is always someone ready to spill the beans if the heat is turned up enough.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: