Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fistral

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:39 pm 
Post subject: Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)

Further to the 22/4/15 thread about the above company I too would welcome any comments.
I trusted a fair part of my collection to Andy Lane for auction on 1st December 2014.This was split into just short of 70 lots,virtually all of which sold on the day raising what I consider to be a lot of money.To date I have not received a single penny! Worse still is the complete lack of communication from Mr Lane.Having heard nothing initially I waited until mid January(allowing for the Xmas period) to follow it up.No response to several emails,and voice messages I left produced no result either.I finally managed to get him to answer the phone towards the end of Jan only to be told that approx half of my collection had been bought by a bidder who hadn't paid up and that the bidder under the Ts & Cs had 120 days from the auction date to pay up but Mr Lane was following it up so he would probably be in touch shortly to arrange a bank transfer when all was settled.Since then NOTHING.
I allowed the stated 120 days to pass and I assumed I would get a call to explain.Again NOTHING despite several emails.
After more unanswered calls and emails I got a text reply to a voice message on Wednesday this week stating he was in hospital but would phone me later that day....No call.Then another text later on Thursday to say he was 'actually' in hospital but hopefully would be out Friday(no mention of contacting me or the money owed).In the mean time I had my latest email returned as Mr Lanes inbox is full!!!(no wonder no-one seems to get a reply that way!)There has still been no further contact.
I am now panicking quietly,so...as per the above thread does anyone know if this a Police or Civil matter?
In any case I intend to contact Trading Standards asap to try and get a resolution.
Andy G
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:18 pm 
Post subject:

Sad

Last edited by Wullie on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Andrew BSFC

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:52 pm 
Post subject:

In his comments Fistral states that he was told approx half his collection had been purchased by a bidder who had not paid up. Virtually all of his 70 lots sold on the day so it does beg the question why he has not received any payment yet for the remaining lots which presumably went to other purchasers?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:36 am 
Post subject:

Regardless of circumstances, 120 days payment terms are a bit ludicrous! not good for any business.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:59 am 
Post subject:

I must say that i have used Andy Lane Football Sports auctions in the past to sell unwanted programmes, payment has been made to me a lot faster than other auction houses.
poshimp1972

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:58 am 
Post subject: football sports auctions

hi I use andy lanes auction for buying and selling and have never had any problems regarding payment. as a general rule within 1 month of the auction I receive payment which is one of the quickest in the hobby
overlap

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:05 am 
Post subject:

I too am waiting for payment from Mr Lane for items of mine sold in both his December and March auctions, and have had a number of unsatisfactory communications with him too. I have now come to the conclusion that it may be time to investigate the small claims court route.
whitenoize

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:42 am 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
I too am waiting for payment from Mr Lane for items of mine sold in both his December and March auctions, and have had a number of unsatisfactory communications with him too. I have now come to the conclusion that it may be time to investigate the small claims court route.

Absolutely the correct course of action to take. I would suggest you do this ASAP. The only way that I had any joy at all with him was by going down this route. Don't be hoodwinked by his T&C's - he has a duty of care to you.
Shrimper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:41 pm 
Post subject:

Oh dear! Reading the posts suggest I could be in for a battle getting my money from Mr Lane.

On December 7 my collection was sold, and on Feb 28 after repeated emails and calls unreturned I got:

'Hiya,
'Yep, we have been looking over your final statement today, we have a couple of payments outstanding but that should be solved soon.'

Nothing yet, and no contact either by phone, Facebook or email.

Did any of those awaiting payment finally get their money, or is it me too for the small claims court?
whitenoize

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:04 pm 
Post subject:

Shrimper wrote:
Oh dear! Reading the posts suggest I could be in for a battle getting my money from Mr Lane.

On December 7 my collection was sold, and on Feb 28 after repeated emails and calls unreturned I got:

'Hiya,
'Yep, we have been looking over your final statement today, we have a couple of payments outstanding but that should be solved soon.'

Nothing yet, and no contact either by phone, Facebook or email.

Did any of those awaiting payment finally get their money, or is it me too for the small claims court?

Don't wait. 4 months to pay you? Shocking
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:12 am 
Post subject:

I would be very wary of placing items with this auction house.
BlueTheo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:38 am 
Post subject:

I went through something very similar about 18 months ago. In fairness the items I placed with him did get a pretty good price, but I had to wait around about 4 months and go through protracted correspondence to get the money.
DySporting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

Reading the info, given notice of winding up for non submittal of accounts. Last accounts submitted dated Dec 2014.

Looking at the history this has happened before but was withdrawn after 1 week as the accounts were submitted. This present notice has almost gone a month of the two given before a winding up order will be issued and still no accounts submitted.

Whatever the circumstance it’s shoddy business and will put people off dealing with them. They’ll be a fine for non submittal of accounts I’d say things don’t look great going forward
overlap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:33 am 
Post subject:

Looking at the Companies House paperwork, it appears he has a deadline of 15 May to get things sorted out.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

Could he be in the position of needing the proceeds from the next auction to pay-off what he owes from the last? if so, recipe for disaster.

Shake
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:39 pm 
Post subject:

If i don't get any response from Mr Lane by Monday, i'll be printing some very interesting reading . He seems to be in hospital a hell of a lot. I hope he is well . Sherlock Sherlock
overlap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:18 pm 
Post subject:

According to the latest update at Companies House today the move to strike Football Sports Auctions off has "been suspended".

That means there has been an objection to the action, either by the company itself or by a creditor.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:05 pm 
Post subject:

What's going on ? Is that good news ? Is that bad news ?

Last edited by Wullie on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
DySporting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:22 pm 
Post subject:

It could mean that the missing accounts have been submitted.
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:01 am 
Post subject:

DySporting wrote:
It could mean that the missing accounts have been submitted.

Good news hopefully then.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: