Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:56 pm 
Post subject:

I got an email today from Absolute Recovery . Bit of a waste of time as the attachment will not open on my lap top. My anti virus kicks in warning me not to open and looking at the email it states ""Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are free from any virus, it is your responsibility to check that they are actually virus free""
. So if anyone has successfully read an email from these clowns today please get in touch . Cheers.
daiward

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

beebop wrote:
daiward wrote:
I did detect an air of doubt in previous conversations & am pleased I at least got it right. .

daiward, As the person who first mentioned Mr Corley by name I'd like to make it clear that at no time did I imply that I doubted that Mr Corley is a genuine creditor of the Company. I had thought I'd made the point in my post but in case of misinterpretation.....
The list of creditors we have received doesn't just list vendors. It includes, amongst others the hotel in which auctions are held and HMR&C as well as Mr Corleyand all other vendors owed money.
Had Mr Corley sold to the Company, for example a luxury vehicle or a motorhome then his name would appear no differently to that of any other creditor. Given the outstanding size of the debt to this one creditor I was simply trying to ascertain if something had been purchased which would be a fixed asset or even if Mr Lane had put a private purchase through the Company account.

beebop

I can understand sensitivities over this whole matter are at a height. But we shouldn't be arguing amongst each other. I simply made a statement on belief that Mr Coreley was one of us deserving sympathy.

Please read all of my posts closely. I have a history of being involved in putting the right people behind bars. But that was only with the support of witnesses. The public. You & I.
beebop

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

Daiward, I've replied to you by private message. Pease check your inbox.
daiward

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:51 pm 
Post subject:

Chats with Beebop & all is well.

We are today less one soul who really mattered in this fantastic hobby of ours. Ian Hands has passed away leaving us with yet another that will be irreplaceable.

Andy Lane you should look at the obituaries on this Forum. He represented our hobby as it should be & he will be sadly missed.

Honesty was Ian Hands.

RIP
giorgio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

Apologies for joining this thread so late but I only discovered the developments at FSA very recently. This is the situation I find myself in: I was at FSAs March auction and basically bid on something I didn't mean to (don't ask how I managed to do this). Anyway, I won the lot so, instead of taking the item home, I left it with FSA to go into this month's auction.

I have read through the whole of this thread and contacted the liquidator who stated that FSA had to return the item to me. I have tried emailing and leaving messages on Andy Lane's phone but have had no response.

I am wondering what my options are if I don't hear from Mr. Lane. Going through the Small Claims process would be impractical in my opinion as the item value is only about £50 (although I won it for £80 + fees at the auction).

Maybe I should also point out that I don't have a receipt. It was auction day, they were very busy and Mr. Lane said he would send me a confirmation email which I sort of now have.

Thankfully, I can accept this as a loss if it comes to it, without worrying too much about it although it would be nice to get the programme back.

If anyone could offer some advice/tips it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
giorgio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the PM. Have received email from FSA stating that my programme is being posted out today.
Shrimper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

Have been speaking to the liquidators today.
In a word, they are in the process of verifying FSA sales for 2015-16 were bona fide, ie they actually happened.
They have been unable to tell from Lane's accountancy whether this is so, and have turned to the auction house for their records to 'cross check' as I was told.
They hope that's forthcoming, and when and if there are anomalies/unanswered questions, are duty bound to send a 'negative' report to the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills.
This is where the big boys get involved, go through paperwork with a fine tooth comb, and if they too smell a rat, inform police and fraud teams.
I'm led to believe police do not ignore requests from the DBIS, and more likely than not will take necessary action.
This is not over by a long shot in terms of justice for all FSA creditors, including this one.
Borran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:16 pm 
Post subject: The March 2016 Auction in Luton

Are there any Vendors out there who have actually been paid (in full) for Lots that they personally entered into the last Auction run by Andrew Lane?

This information would be very useful to the Organisations that are currently investigating the operation of FSA Ltd.
Borran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:35 am 
Post subject: Programmemonthly August Issue

For all those who are following the Saga please note that there is a further very interesting update in the above magazine...

email [email protected]
Amanda1981

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:21 pm 
Post subject:

Having had a really good look at things now & having done some cross checking it's quite clear Andy Lane not only listed my late husbands sports cards as being in Good or Very Good condition, when in fact probably 60% were in Mint Condition therefore the value would have been greatly reduced. Also I have cross checked the lots sold on 7/03/16 with the saleroom & have found that several sets Mr Lane claimed were sold on a list sent to the Insolvency company weren't actually sold & I haven't received them back, including 4 Full Card Sets Manchester United Cards with their own albums in Mint Condition described with no condition listed catalogue value £ 400- 500 , Mr Lane estimated £50-70'& allegedly sold for £28. Many sets were apparently sold below the reserve price without my permission ! Many had estimated £40-60 were apparently sold for £18 , I could have done better myself on EBay . I'm also missing 50 signed football cards my husband estimated being valued from £4-10 each card , not listed in the auction & not received back . I will be passing this information on to the Insolvency company now & also the Liverpool Echo
Amanda1981

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:43 pm 
Post subject:

Just an update to my previous post , found out today that Andy Lane was declared bankrupt on 19/07/2016 , how convenient .............
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

Amanda1981 wrote:
Just an update to my previous post , found out today that Andy Lane was declared bankrupt on 19/07/2016 , how convenient .............

Perhaps why he hasn't returned the unsold lots to their owners, he couldn't afford a stamp......
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:48 pm 
Post subject:

Amanda1981 wrote:

Funny how a so called bankrupt can offer a bloke £3000 cash to clear a house in Grimsby .Yes i hear he is in the house clearing business now..
beebop

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:21 am 
Post subject:

Similarly to Amanda; we did a full check when we had more time. Cross checking the lists obtained from Lane against that from the Liquidator we found;
Several items that had been returned to us were recorded as having been sold.
Some of those issues still missing had never even been listed in the sale catalogue.
Again similarly to Amanda many programmes recorded as sold well below value. A couple of examples;
i. Complete set (home & away) Sunderland AFC programmes for 10 seasons including the 8 FA cup run programmes season 72/73 recorded as sold for £70.
ii 1904 Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland AFC sold for £50 (we paid £300 for this issue over 15 years ago.)
We took this matter up with the Liquidator some time ago and Lane's response was that we were "trying it on"!! Words fail me!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:24 am 
Post subject:

It sounds like something pretty dodgy was going on at Lane’s last auction given the stories above of lots being sold way below reserve price, hopefully this is fully investigated.

Did anyone actually attend that auction, or know people who did?
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:36 pm 
Post subject:

He has been actively trying to buy up collections and he is supposed to be broke. The people investigating know this, have the evidence and don't care.
And as have have said many times, if he is still buying collections then he has ready made buyers waiting. People in the hobby.
The worst that will happen to him is he'll be banned from trading officially for a while. Unofficially he'll carry on regardless as he was clients waiting.
That's my take on it all.
He is a bankrupt loser . I am not. Life goes on.....
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:55 pm 
Post subject:

Bankruptcy means nothing in the modern age, it's simply a way of not meeting your debts like most reasonable people would.

Donald Trump, possible next President of the USA has been made a bankrupt four times.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:04 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Bankruptcy means nothing in the modern age, it's simply a way of not meeting your debts like most reasonable people would.

Donald Trump, possible next President of the USA has been made a bankrupt four times.

I would like to switch the word "reasonable" to honest.

As for that potential lunatic in the USA becoming the President, at some point, i hope the US wakes up-the alternative to him is not great but .... Sad

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
daiward

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:59 pm 
Post subject:

I wasn't going to bother with any further comment on this issue as clearly this man Lane is not going to be treated as he should be. I take in the fact that the modern world has thrown up all kinds of loopholes & excuses to allow a thief & fraudster to survive the punishment he deserves but his apparent demeanour is something to take in. From what I have read since my last post it is so clear that what happened to me was the case with others. He should have been banged up, his home searched properly under warrant & his dealings closely scrutinised over an obvious link, as others on this forum have acknowledged, over those parties who have benefited from his blatant misdealing's. In a world that can have Police Taser a guy who clearly was in distress & resulting in such a tragedy speaks volumes over what we can expect ourselves from a force who used to recognise the villains from the rest of us.
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:40 pm 
Post subject:

Got a phone call last week. They're still investigating this person. I doubt they would spend so much time and money if they didn't suspect foul play. Not sure if it'll all lead to anything. The bottom line is i won't see my money . That paid for his holidays. The absolute best that could happen is he could ever so slightly get banged up for a few months. What's that to a bloke like that ? He'd love it. Might even pick up a few tips from the crooks inside. Of course nothing like that will happen. A slapped wrist and off you go. I want to forget the missreable sod and get on with life.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: