Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited(Again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann Orack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:04 am 
Post subject: FSA

The striking off notice is nothing to do with the accounts. The notice was presumably issued as the annual return is overdue. Historically the Registrar was quite relaxed about these but is taking a far more stringent approach since they seem to want to clear down their lists. If you ignore the 1st couple of polite reminders they get the big stick out. The objection will almost certainly have been from HMRC since they will not have received the accounts to 31 December 2015, due to be filed at Companies House by 30 September 2016 and on which there could be outstanding taxes.

In football parlance its like being 4 games from the end of the season and needing 2 wins and a draw to avoid relegation and then getting a draw from your next game. Its a start but still a long way to go.
RoddyN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:51 am 
Post subject:

Could he be in the position of needing the proceeds from the next auction to pay-off what he owes from the last? if so, recipe for disaster. Could he be in the position of needing the proceeds from the next auction to pay-off what he owes from the last? if so, recipe for disaster.

A classic Ponzi scheme. Bernie Madoff was sentenced to 150 years in jail for this.
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am 
Post subject:

I'm football terms it looking like a Aston Villa situation
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:49 pm 
Post subject:

Strikes me that they should be avoided at all costs.

There are plenty of good trustworthy alternatives to place valued items in the hands of.
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:28 pm 
Post subject:

whosbrianwilson wrote:
Strikes me that they should be avoided at all costs.

There are plenty of good trustworthy alternatives to place valued items in the hands of.

But who can you trust ? These are a limited company. Major auctioneers. Been going years . How do we know others aren't having problems ? Cameo were one of the biggest.
I suggest sticking to ebay. Worst thing I ever did was use a auction house.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:59 pm 
Post subject:

FSA now in liquidation?
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

Ah well. Some you win some you lose. At least I can look my family in the eye.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:39 pm 
Post subject:

Must say I am surprised by what seems to have happened. As I have said before.I have bought and sold lots of programmes through this auction and never had a problem. I have known Andy for several years and despite the rumours personally never had a problem. However I must admit about this time last year I had heard enough to stop me sending in any programmes to sell on my behalf.

As for other auction houses I can recommend Sportingold and Sporting Memories, both are genuine businesses run by people who have been collecting programmes all of their lives. I am not saying other auction houses are not reputable, but I do not know the directors of other auction houses.

Surely people who have left programmes with Andy Lane to sell, have a divine right to their return regardless of the state of the business, as they are the property of the seller not Football Sports Auctions.

People like Wullie I don't know what to say to you, I don't understand the in and outs. All I can say is good luck and fingers crossed for you. I personally find it immoral that people can run a business the way FSA has been run, have some morals Andy and pay what you owe people rather than spending their money carp fishing in France and having exotic cruises.
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:41 pm 
Post subject:

Wave

Last edited by Wullie on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

Check out Andy Lane Facebook 12 June 2015 .

"" 5 years ago we lost our money to these thieves. Main culprit killed himself mid trial and his wife gets a suspended sentence. The rest of the family get 2-3 years inside. What a joke !!!!!!!!!!! ""

Andy is a little pissed with this . You couldn't make it up.
https://www.facebook.com/andy.lane3
DySporting

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

I’ve sold through Sportingold and Wessex Auction Rooms and been paid promptly every time. I’d recommend both
whitenoize

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:58 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Check out Andy Lane Facebook 12 June 2015 .

"" 5 years ago we lost our money to these thieves. Main culprit killed himself mid trial and his wife gets a suspended sentence. The rest of the family get 2-3 years inside. What a joke !!!!!!!!!!! ""

Andy is a little pissed with this . You couldn't make it up.
https://www.facebook.com/andy.lane3

What a prick. Didn't know he was a West Ham fan. Apologies for that. Certainly not one if our own
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:16 am 
Post subject:

Best comment iv'e heard yet. "Not one of our own." Who'd want an alleged cheating , lying, thief among us ? Well said Clap Clap

Last edited by Wullie on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:29 pm 
Post subject:

Sad

Last edited by Wullie on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
poshimp1972

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:33 pm 
Post subject: FOOTBALL SPORTS AUCTIONS

SORRY TO HEAR FOOTBALL SPORTS AUCTIONS HAS GONE INTO LIQUIDATION I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PAID IN FULL AND ON TIME AND ALWAYS RECIEVED A GOOD SERVICE FROM A BUYING POINT OF VIEW.
overlap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:02 pm 
Post subject:

I think the word Mr Lane is looking for is CREDITORS rather than 'debtors'.

Interesting though, i notice he does not say he will pay "in full", nor does he say how he will make any sort of payment, which is a puzzle given the well-chronicled previous difficulties.

Neither is there any mention of what will happen to other people's programmes and tickets he has in his possession at present, whether unsold items from previous auctions or items consigned for future auctions.

I would like to think these items are going to be returned to their rightful owners.

Looking at Absolute Recovery's website their selling point is "Break Free From Debt" suggesting this whole exercise may primarily be for Mr Lane's benefit.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:08 pm 
Post subject:

I would suspect it's a CVL (Company Voluntary Liquidation) and he has chosen the Liquidators.

Still a chance that debts will be paid in full, over time.

I'd suggest all creditors submit their claims to them asap, although if they're doing their job correctly they should be writing to all creditors anyway.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:45 am 
Post subject:

If you have programmes that have been consigned and not paid for it is essential you send details to the liquidators.

There is a strong chance that they have set up a pre pack ....so the liquidator will determine quickly that the best way of maximising the return to the creditors ( and getting paid himself) is to sell to someone who is on hand...guess who that might be....

The letter should assert your title to the goods and their value and make it clear that if the goods are sold as part of any pre pack or trade sale the liquidator will be liable for their full value to you.

Send recorded delivery.

And do it quickly...it is no coincidence the majority of such announcements come just before a weekend....usually followed by a triumphant phoenix from the ashes announcement the following week!

Good luck

Peter
pmcollector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:34 pm 
Post subject: Andy Lane Fraud report to the police

I really am disgusted by this. Hearing he's bought from his own auction and carried on taking in goods after he clearly new he was insolvent. Personally I've lost about 20 lots.

I've reported him to the police fraud site:

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

You need his name:
Andy Lane

his home address:
13 Holm Lane,
Prenton,
Wirral
ch43 2hn

and trading name:
Football Sport Auctions Limited

If multiple people report him the police will investigate.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:42 pm 
Post subject:

Send all information to the liquidators as well. The police will say it's a civil matter until the liquidators detect fraud. Then it is a police matter. But report to the police , and Trading standards everything you knowjust to kick up a stink.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: