Football Programmes Centre

Football Sports Auctions Limited
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Sports Auctions Limited

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueTheo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:59 am 
Post subject: Football Sports Auctions Limited

Would welcome the views of people re: my dealings with the above.
I inherited a vast, disorganised collection from my late brother who died suddenly last year. Not indexed, all over the place. I thought I'd sell some, raise a few quid to get some home improvements done and take my mum away for a few days. keep the rest as a nest egg for my son. I looked on websites and decided to go down the auction route. Got in touch with Andy Lane. He was very helpful, enthusiastic, couldn't do enough for me. Offered to drive 2 hours out of his way to meet me. In the end we met halfway, I handed over the programmes and he told me they'd be in the auction at Luton in March. I got a nice letter detailing my lots and reserves etc. and T&C's (which tell me that payment would not be received within 21 days, but that's all) All went well. 5 lots didn't meet reserve but the other bids totalled approx £1400, so taking away his commission I will come out with a nice sum if everyone pays up.
Nearly 2 months later I have not received a penny. I asked for the return of the programmes that didn't meet reserve a month ago. I have a few people interested in them. No sign of the programmes. I don't feel I'm being overpushy. I've emailed him twice (no response) written to him at his home address once (no response), contacted him once by phone, where he alluded to system problems and said he'd get back to me. He hasn't. I left a voicemail yesterday. No response to date. I see from his website he is seeking lots for the next auction in June
Just interested to know a) from people's experience is it standard to be kept waiting this long for payment and return of programmes? b) Mr Lane, if you're reading can you address my points as all other forms of communication have been ignored.
c) if worst came to the worst and I have to pursue my money through legal means would it be a civil or police matter? many thanks, Greg
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:28 am 
Post subject:

If you are anywhere near Luton then he will be there this Sunday

http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19508

I also emailed Andy last week about some possible items to go into his auction, nothing spectacular but also have not received any reply.

websites - www.footballstickershop.com
amazingstoke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:32 am 
Post subject:

I used sporting gold to sell some programmes, it took me an age to get my money and unsold programmes back, at least 6 weeks, to be fair , it does say in the small print it'll take ages for the money, but like you I had some valuable ones to resell, and couldn't understand why they hadn't been sent back, took a lot of calls to get them sent back
whitenoize

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

I wont go into specifics with regard to my own issues with Mr Lane, but I had to go down the legal route to get any recourse against him. Don't be fobbed off by his T&C's etc
Eddie Reeve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 pm 
Post subject: FSA

Yes, I too had problems with Mr Lane. I don't particularly want to go into the details here, but I certainly wouldn't use him again
BlueTheo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:07 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks to all for your responses
Whitenoize/Eddie tried to pm you, not sure you got it?.
Would be grateful if you could pm me with the natures of your disputes and how you resolved them?
I'll understand if you don't wish to

Cheers

Greg
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:14 pm 
Post subject:

Hiya,

Just catching up on the thread.

We are very sorry about the lack of communication over the last couple of weeks.

As most of you know I mainly run this company on my own and we pride ourselves on our customer service and in particular our quick vendor payments. We have had an unfortunate family issue over the past 14 days which has delayed our usual quick service to our vendors of which this will be remedied straight away.

Im am also not aware of any legal action taken against my company.

If the gentleman contributing to this thread, except the sportinggold comment, can contact me via pm these issues can be resolved straight away.

Andy

www.footballsportsauctions.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Eddie Reeve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:36 pm 
Post subject: FSA

Quote:
Thanks to all for your responses
Whitenoize/Eddie tried to pm you, not sure you got it?.
Would be grateful if you could pm me with the natures of your disputes and how you resolved them?
I'll understand if you don't wish to

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

I didn't get your PM, but I see Mr Lane has replied now, so I hope you will now finally get your problems sorted
FootballSportsAuctions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:25 pm 
Post subject:

Hiya,

This matter has now been dealt with.

Again I apologize for the lack of communication but unfortunately it was beyond my control.

Any

www.footballsportsauctions.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
BlueTheo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:36 pm 
Post subject:

As per Andy's post above - matter resolved (pending delivery of items discussed)
I was perhaps a little hasty in posting as Andy did do a good job in sorting my collection and his knowledge and expertise raised me a good sum.
Thanks to all who posted and other members who PM'd me to tell me that they found Andy great to deal with and normally a very prompt payer. This issue only arose due to unfortunate exceptional circumstances and is now closed.

Greg
whitenoize

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: FSA

Eddie Reeve wrote:
Yes, I too had problems with Mr Lane. I don't particularly want to go into the details here, but I certainly wouldn't use him again

Glad it isnt only me that has been affected
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: